Adventist Online

Not trying to bring politics into the forum. But I just cant help to see how these laws which seem beneficial and harmless, are but pushing us closer to the  national sunday  law.

Views: 3248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." -Senator Padme Amidala

""So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." -Senator Padme Amidala"

Really?

Wow we are using quotes out of a Star Wars movie now to prove conspiracy theories and violation of constitutional rights?

Or even worse we draw conclusions from the bible based on Star Wars quotes?

Well thats quite telling in the end i guess... 

""So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." -Senator Padme Amidala"

Actually, this proves the point that the United States of America is already headed in that direction. 

IT seems that you are not familiar with the USA biblical prophecies from Daniel and Revelation?

Sure please show me how Star Wars movie is in the biblical prophecy from Daniel and Revelation...

Enlighten me this should be something interesting..

Actually, this proves the point that the United States of America is already headed in that direction

do you know what's figurative speech means?

I do know what it means yes.

Yet you fail to show how a Star Wars quote is related to your points.

You claimed ACA is unconstitutional. Which it is not.

You claimed impeachment trials are planned for Supreme Court judges in congress. which aparantly congress does not consider.

You claimed your quotes have something to do with biblical prophecies. Which you fail to deliver.

Now seriously i have no problem with discussion at all. Neither do i have a problem when people disagree with something. All things i can respect.

But if you try to argue for or against something or try to prove something right or wrong please check your facts first before claiming nonsense based on hersay.

Furthermore if you ask for respect or expect respect you should respect others as well and their position or point of view.

If you fail at facts, or disrespect others it is very unlikely they will ever see your point or even try to see your point.

Now if that would be an issue about ministry as example and one would argue like you did than one should better not try to spread the word cause the harm it would cause far outlasts the help.

Regards

Manuela, I see that you are not a SDA so I apologize for that quote. So my assumption is that you are not familiar with the biblical prophecies which are against the United States which has a significant role for the end time. 

It's a ton of material to cover and I don't have much time. I reccomend that you read The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White. or go to site

http://www.prophecycode.com/videos.asp

and select The USA in Bible Prophecy.

that would be a start to elaborate the quote that I posted in the previous post. This has nothing to do with Star Wars but Liberty in the United States has begun to die with Congress and the Vatican with a thundering applause. 

"Manuela, I see that you are not a SDA so I apologize for that quote. So my assumption is that you are not familiar with the biblical prophecies which are against the United States which has a significant role for the end time. "

I can assure you this assumption is wrong.

However thanks for the link.

"This has nothing to do with Star Wars but Liberty in the United States has begun to die with Congress and the Vatican with a thundering applause. "

Than you should have said that instead of referring to Star Wars as a quote especially within this context.

Sorry but it is kind of strange when SDA members use Star Wars quotes to make a point in regards to Prophecies of the bible. Even more so since it is your perceived understanding that a healthcare system which tries to insure millions of uninsured people is a sign for the Bible.

That understanding is yours or your interpretation.

To try to prove your understanding with Star Wars is odd.

(There was never liberty within the Vatican so it didnt start to die)

Oh more thing, you are not living here in the U.S. like I am so how would you know that our liberties are not dying? Did you know that Edward Snowden has exposed that my govt is doing to our very own people and what the U.S. has done to other countries around the world. 

Its okay that you don't want to go the link, maybe you don't want to accept the truth about the U.S., right?

Have you studied about the Prophesies at all?

"Oh more thing, you are not living here in the U.S. like I am so how would you know that our liberties are not dying? Did you know that Edward Snowden has exposed that my govt is doing to our very own people and what the U.S. has done to other countries around the world."

Please you are just making up blind assumptions now.

I did not even claim that liberty and freedom is not threatened.

However i refuse to say that a healthcare law which actually helps a lot of people to increase their living standards is a sign of dying liberties.

What is dying liberty for you is freedom to live without fear of healthcare issues.

What is dying liberty for you is freedom to actually have a health insurance for the first time since they where excluded cause of pre existing conditions.

Maybe you should look beyond your little sphere of personal interests and ask yourself if health insurance does not help people in general.

So sorry yes you as an individual might be better off under the Pre-ACA era (which i admitted several times already) for the population at large as in the whole society the benefits of a healthcare system where everyone is insured are greater.

Taxes and mandates are not to help individuals but rather the population at large. Do i like personally to pay taxes? No i do not yet i recognize that taxes are necessary to have public services we all might need one day some wy or another.

"Its okay that you don't want to go the link, maybe you don't want to accept the truth about the U.S., right?"

Again you assume.

I told you already your assumption is wrong and biased on your personal view that non or ex SDA members do not know the truth or do not believe etc.

Your assumption in regards to my person are wrong.

I know Doug Batchelor and his writings and his teachings. As so often i do agree with some i am unsure of others and clearly disagree with some others. We had some nice discussions about our different point of views and "truth" is often a question of view and interpretation.

As a matter of fact nobody know what THE truth is unless God tells us.

We have Scripture and SOP to try to understand the truth i am very unsure of anyone who claims to know THE truth. (Doug Batchelor does not claim so.)

Often "truth" is also based on our understanding and our surroundings.

I will give you an example before you misunderstand this again:

Lets say you walk in your town and see a male wearing a skirt.

You think you know that person cause he goes into the same church as you do so you approach him with the bible verses at hand and how he is committing an abomination by wearing that skirt.

Now you discuss a bit after a while you realize you did not know that he has scottish ancestors, the "skirt" is not a skirt at all but a kilt and he is on his way to a wedding of a distant cousin in scottish tradition.

Your perceived truth was that wearing a skirt is condemned since its woman clothing.

The truth is that in different cultures different styles of clothing where and always have been acceptable by society and in regards to gender not the same as in yours. Wearing a kilt is by no means wearing a skirt and kilts are by no means female clothing.

Maybe you can think a little bit before trying to assume some more about me or my point of view and maybe you could retry your own understanding again before questioning mine.

Regards.

Most of us would rather die free, than live as slaves to the state...

That's why this country was founded in the first place..

No, more like the Reichstag when Hitler came to power.  Surely, in Austria you might remember that son of Austria who did that?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service