Adventist Online

Hello!

Within the last few days, a few posts have referred to a new position statement taken by the Biblical Research Institute regarding the lunar Sabbath teaching.

Just this last weekend, a friend of mine attended Garden Road SDA Church in Calgary, Canada, where Pastor Ishmael Ali said he just came back from a ministerial meeting and that we have an official position that the BRI has made on the heresy of the lunar Sabbath calendar that he could present and he would do so next week. Pastor Bob also posted, "I was at pastors' meetings just this week in which Gerhard Pfandl addressed this theory and presented the evidence as to why it is not Biblically tenable and why the Biblical Research Institute has rejected it." He has graciously promised to post the full critique when he gets it. (Pastor Bob - are you in the same conference in Canada?)

I have wished for some time to hear an official stance on the lunar Sabbath from the BRI and was happy to hear what Pastor Ali and Pastor Bob had to say. In my eagerness to obtain the information, I just now called the BRI and spoke to a lovely lady by the name of Brenda Flemmer. I asked if I could receive this information and she said, "No, there is no official church stance. There are GUIDLINES, but nothing has ever been voted on. I do not know if they will vote on it - I have not heard of anything along those lines."

While this was very disappointing to me, I would like to offer a gentle word of caution to everyone involved in the disucssion of so vital a topic as the holy Sabbath: We are not the Roman Catholic Church and the Biblical Research Institute is NOT the "Holy Office for the Defense of the Faith" (aka, the Inquisition.) Angel Rodriguez is not the Grand Inquisitor whose decrees should be taken as the Word of God Almighty. As we all must answer for ourselves at the judgment bar of God, there certainly is room to allow each other religious liberty in our beliefs. Some of the name calling that has occured, "lunies", etc. does not honor the belief which the one doing the name-calling claims to espouse.

Whether you are for or against the lunar Sabbath belief, let us all allow each other sufficient liberty of consciense to study for ourselves what we believe. The findings of the BRI should be taken under consideration in the context of one's OWN study - not as the final end-all-be-all of the discussion, for that would make us no different from the Ropman Catholics who do not feel the need to study for themselves as they just have to believe what the Grand Inquisttor has studied out FOR them.

I, personally, would like to see an official position taken on the lunar Sabath. If any of you agree, I would encourage you to call the BRI and request it. Of course, this can only be done by the GC in session under vote, but there would certainly be opportunity for that iat this next session this year. The phone number of the BRI is 301-680-6790.

In the loving and gracious spirit of Christ, Brothers and Sisters, let us study for ourselves.

God bless!

Views: 4194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Somehow I always thought that everyone understood that the feast days were introduced after the Exodus; that they were a shadow pointing to the fulfilments to come; that they would fade away when the light of the antitype was understood.

We should be very clear that the keeping of the feast days can do nothing as far as salvation is concerned. Those who focus on observance of the type demonstrate that they have not understood the pantomime of the Sanctuary service and it's purpose.

If there was any requirement in this regard we can rest assured that God would not have withheld this knowledge from His last-days church. This is just a repeat of the ways of the Pharisees, trying to bind men's souls to man-made traditions.

57 pages of discussion and still not one of the lunar-sabbatarians can produce a "thus sayeth the Lord" to demonstrate that the seventh-day Sabbath is any day other than Saturday.

Has anyone else noticed how much time the lunar-sabbath keepers spend glorifying the Catholic church? Amazing how there have been seventh-day Sabbath-keepers on this earth since creation and yet nobody noticed when the Catholic church changed the seventh day! Apparently they were so successful that we can't even identify when they did this and the Lord thought it better to lie to EGW rather than explain it to her.
Dar JonB,

You said: Somehow I always thought that everyone understood that the feast days were introduced after the Exodus; that they were a shadow pointing to the fulfilments to come; that they would fade away when the light of the antitype was understood.

Your statement is true but only in part. Most of the Feasts of Leviticus 23 still have a future fulfillment and because of that, there perpetual observance has not ceased. Please refer to this article>>
A MESSAGE TO THE REMNANT
http://www.facebook.com/notes/adventist-sabbath-reform-movement-ads...

In His Love

Norman
Says the one.....

I know my answer is coming many months after your posting, but I just learned something of interest you might find interesting, too.  You said, "Somehow I always thought that everyone understood that the feast days were introduced after the Exodus; that they were a shadow pointing to the fulfilments to come; that they would fade away when the light of the antitype was understood."

Actually, the feasts were kept by the patriarchs well before the exodus.  In the Book of Jubilees, a very ancient book, it refers to Abraham and Isaac and Esau keeping various of the feasts.  The feasts commemorate events in salvation history.  The patriarchs were looking forward to ALL of them.  Today, we look BACK to the fulfillment of the Spring feasts. 

The feasts cannot all have been fulfilled at the cross, or else you do away with October 22 as the anti-type of the "tenth day of the seventh month."  Also, EGW stated that Christ was fulfill the fall feasts at His second coming.  If the fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled, what justification do we have for not observing them now?  I'm not trying to be confrontational here.  I am really curious about the reasoning.

Thanks!  :)

The book of jubilees was written by Satan's servants. There is nothing good or godly about it.
Dear Watchdog

You said: According to the 'ADVENTIST MOVEMENT' the Newmoon was celebrated only UNTILL the Cross, today it isn't observed, but when Christ will come back again, we will celebrate the NEW MOON again?!?

Supposing you are referring the the ADVENTIST SABBATH REFORM MOVEMENT http://unhub.com/ADSRM, we did not say what you have stated above at all...quite the opposite actually. We observe the new moon as well as the 7th-day Sabbath and all the rest of the Feasts of the Lord as found in Leviticus 23.
Hi Norman,

sorry for not beeing very clear in describing who I meant with the term 'Adventist Movement'...

For my understanding, the 'Advent Movement' startet around 1842/43 with their 'Midnight Cry'!

But as this 'Movement' didn't advance in Light - they even rejected it for example 1888 - thus God is using for example this new Reform Movement to bring his people back on track, finally!

Heaven is waiting... :-)
Dear Watchdog

You're welcome my friend in the faith....Let us press together as God's people..all of us, and let us fearlessly and unflichingly contend for the faith that was once delivered unto the saints. Those that truly desire to live godly lives in fear of Yahweh will not faint neither will they remain silent anymore, but they will study these things to see if they are so...and will cry out loud to show the house of Jacob their sins. The rest are just repeating the history of the Jewish nation with their "know it all" attitude. Do people suppose its a mere coincidence that thousands of voices across the globe are proclaiming this very same message day and night? Is this not what was predicted to happen when the voice of the third angel would swell into a "loud cry?" Soon so soon when the Universal Calendar begins to be agitated in churches, governments and the media....we shall go out out in full force to denounce the calendar of Rome with its false worship days and false feast days. Let us pray for the power of the latter rain that this message may acheive what the lord has designed for it to achieve. Many here on AO who yet oppose our claims will one day side with us in proclaiming the same, although some will still maintain their position in not distinguishing between the holy and the profane—between the calendar of Yahweh and the calendar of Rome! I pray that all who have had the chance to debate these issues will come out and endure the persecution with us when the time comes.....
Dear John E Parker

You said: Nikoa, that is a true Spiritual Psycho-Analysis of Norman, which I totally agree with!

The command from the Lord is "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins." Isaiah 58:1

I am here to do exactly that! Show you where you are trampling on God's command (The Holy Sabbath), by upholding an institution which originated with Rome. Do all the "spiritual psycho-analysis" you like to any extent of your pleasing, but you shall hear trumpet after trumpet after trumpet of this same message as a witness and testimony against you.
You yourself will be grateful I discussed these things with you.....only time will tell
Dear NIKOA,

The seventh-day of the Lord which He has blessed and sanctified CANNOT be found on a man-made calendar. If you want to "remember the Sabbath to keep it holy," you must use the Biblical calendar, not the calendar of Rome. SATURDAY is the seventh-day of Babylon, and not the seventh-day of the Lord. The seventh-day sabbath of the Lord falls on the 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th of the BIBLICAL calendar. Incidentally, today is the 29th of the 5th Month of Av/Ab is a seventh-day Sabbath, HAPPY SABBATH to all the saints! We do not use the calendar of Rome because the Lord has been merciful and kind to set us free from the darkness of false religion. Come out of Babylon!
And that is another problem with the lunar Sabbath. some people I know kept the lunar Sabbath on Tuesday and the new moon on Wednesday. Everyone is on a different day.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service