Adventist Online

ELDERS WERE CALLED TO A MEETING OVER THE WEEKEND TO DISCUSS THE PERVASIVENESS OF OFFSHOOTS MOVEMENTS EMERGING IN THE SDA CHURCH.

QUESTIONS

1. WHY ARE THESE GROUPS EMERGING?

2. WHY IS THE CHURCH SO  FRIGHTENED ABOUT THIS EMERGENCE?

3. HOW SHOULD THESE GROUPS BE HANDELED BY THE CHURCH?

4.hOW SHOULD MEMBERS TREAT THESE PERSONS?

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leslie Ann I believe we need to establish what she mean by ' nominal Adventists' or nominal churches. These quotes might help:

" I saw that God has honest children among the nominal Adventists and the fallen churches, and before the plagues shall be poured out, ministers and people will be called out from these churches and will gladly receive the truth. Satan knows this; and before the loud cry of the third angel is given, he raises an excitement in these religious bodies, that those who have rejected the truth may think that God is with them. He hopes to deceive the honest and lead them to think that God is still working for the churches. But the light will shine, and all who are honest will leave the fallen churches, and take their stand with the remnant." EW 261.1

Those who have had opportunities to hear and receive of the truth and who have united with the Seventh-day Adventist church, calling themselves the commandment-keeping people of God, and yet possess no more vitality and consecration to God than do the nominal churches, will receive the plagues of God just as verily as the churches who oppose the law of God.--19MR 176 (1898).

Jason nominal means in name only

The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out--the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.--2SM 380 (1886).

Interesting Jason but I would say during the second National Sunday decree that causes the world to follow the mark of the beast globally, the SDA church as an organization will cease to exist....only that which remains will enter and continue and some flee to the mountains to hide in Jacob's trouble...alone...not a church...

I have even asked my church and pastor for a sunday law end of time plan....do we have one?

Silence is all I get... no plan...actually no SOP is even put together as a whole wide plan for the Second SUnday law....

The first sunday law passed in the USA in 1888..beware the second Sunday law is coming...

time to leave the cities now....

SHalom

These groups have been around since I was a lad, and that was a long time ago.  I have noticed that they can't quote a lick of scripture, but they can distort EGW 's writings and character all day long.  They tend to be angry, spiteful people, that turn EGW into a goddess of wrath, which would make her roll over in her grave.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service