Adventist Online

Nowadays in our society older women tend to date younger men within our world. Society called these women "cougar" and some people remind us that our old folk always say "age is just a number". 

The definition of a cougar: The most commonly-accepted definition of a cougar is a woman 40 years of age or older who exclusively pursues very young men. The onset of the cougar years is hotly debated. Some feel that a cougar can be as young as 35, but women of this age would not be viewed as cougars unless their sexual conquests were no older than 25; the ten-year age difference seems to be an unspoken but accepted minimum between partners.

Typically, cougars prey upon men almost young enough to be their sons. Thus forty-something cougars would be attracted to men in their 20s, and fifty-something cougars would pursue men in their 30s and so on. Some cougars are less interested in a relationship than a sexual conquest, perhaps enjoying the fact that they are physically appealing to men who are considered to be in the prime of their virility.

A cougar may be married or unmarried, and some even go after their daughters' boyfriends.

Although the term 'cougar' comes from the big-game predatory cat of the same name, the cougar connection also may allude to the wearing of animal print clothing by older and more sexually aggressive women.

Is there something wrong with older women dating younger men?

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why? at that age men wants more attention from his gf if shes around 30's or 40's. They want their gf at their side always or control them sometimes or they have different likes/dislikes. If she wants to join or hang up with her friends at night or travel away from home then she got a problem with that if her bf don't want to go with her. And her bf/husband wants to stay at home. SO... if that woman date a younger man, she can do anything she wanted for her to be happy. SEE,,not in my culture but i says it from other culture. 

For a younger man it may be that younger women are not worth the hassle because of inexperience, covered in tattoo's and piercings, ugly attitude, so on so forth.  Look at it from the eyes of a decent young man walking through an average American mall. How many women in that mall would you want your son to start a family with. Many worldly younger women may not want a man there age who is not rich or does not have connections or a prospect of high earnings.  So an older woman who wants to be with a man just for who he is may be very appealing to a young man in this age who wants a more honest relationship other than with a potential gold digger.   I think all of this is wrong morally.  It just goes to show how messed up things have become.   

That is funny that you mention it.  I went to a supposedly Adventist owned vegan restaurant chain that started out of San Antonio.  I can only hope and surmise that their help is not Adventist.  One of the young girls working there looked like her face fell in my tackle box.

I have been to red light districts around the world (prior life) and I am shocked at young girls I see in public around the USA.  I feel sorry for young decent men.   Indoctrinated with feminism and not a clue how to work, selfish young women are a menace to young men.   An older woman would look like an island in a sea full of sharks. 

Older women sometimes are the sharks.  Case in point.  I had a friend that was in her 40's  while I was in graduate school.  She was a nice lady, I offered to help her move into her efficiency, because she was alone and a non-traditional student and the amount of stuff she was trying to heft looked overwhelming.  That led to her cooking for me on occasion, what Grad student turns down free food?  She was working on her Masters in Agriculture and Entomology.  I was working on my Masters in Latin American History.

At some point I moved off campus into a HUD apartment.  She went to work at an Ag. extension.  She would call and chat and what not.  One day she called and said that she was coming into town and needed a place to stay over the weekend.   I told her, I only had one bedroom, but she could crash in my living room.  I said it might not be comfortable, but she was welcome to it. 

She reciprocated by cooking.  All was status quo. I thought nothing of it.  I retired to my room, and she in the living room.  I was working away at my computer (still back in the dial up days).  She called to me from living room.  I thought she might need more blankets, a pillow, or whatever.

I walked in, and she was wearing just a pajama top with her genitals exposed.  It was clear she wanted to cross the friendship barrier.  I told her mater-of-fact that she was exposed.  She said, she knew.  I politely told her, I wasn't looking for anything like that, and retreated to my bedroom.

She left the next day.  We dropped contact. So, I have had an attempted "cougaring" from an older woman when I was a young man, whom I thought of just a friend.

However, despite many different propositions I encountered as a young man, I remained chaste until I married.  There was the aspect of morality, there is also in our society they ever present danger of mortality. The two working in tangent kept me pure. 

What about experience, maternity and generation differences?

My understanding regarding this trend is a lack of morality in our society, where trendy sexual sins are celebrated.  Travelocity even made a commercial with two gay men, and the other gay man intimating he didn't get enough sex from his partner who would rather sleep.

This particular sexual sin has to do with loose, usually liberal feminist women who either don't care that they are in a married relationship, or have been divorced, or lived a life of fornication.  Physiologically, younger men are more vital and virile.  For whatever reason, women tend to hit their pique of amorousness later in life compared to men.  This has led to a trend of these "experienced" women preying on younger men to satisfy them.  Thus, the trend of the term "cougar" which is by nature a predator animal.  To celebrate this sexual sin, there have been movies and even serial programs like "Cougar Town".

That is the "Reader's Digest" version of this activity.  However, as Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun.

The Proverbs also gives a warning to young men to whom this trap has been set for them:

Proverbs Chapter 5: "My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
    turn your ear to my words of insight,
that you may maintain discretion
    and your lips may preserve knowledge.
For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
    and her speech is smoother than oil;
but in the end she is bitter as gall,
    sharp as a double-edged sword.
Her feet go down to death;
    her steps lead straight to the grave.
She gives no thought to the way of life;
    her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.

Now then, my sons, listen to me;
    do not turn aside from what I say.
Keep to a path far from her,
    do not go near the door of her house,
lest you lose your honor to others
    and your dignity[a] to one who is cruel,
10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
    and your toil enrich the house of another.
11 At the end of your life you will groan,
    when your flesh and body are spent.
12 You will say, “How I hated discipline!
    How my heart spurned correction!
13 I would not obey my teachers
    or turn my ear to my instructors.
14 And I was soon in serious trouble
    in the assembly of God’s people.”

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
    running water from your own well.
16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
    your streams of water in the public squares?
17 Let them be yours alone,
    never to be shared with strangers.
18 May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
    may her breasts satisfy you always,
    may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
    Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?

21 For your ways are in full view of the Lord,
    and he examines all your paths.
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them;
    the cords of their sins hold them fast.
23 For lack of discipline they will die,
    led astray by their own great folly."

lets  be  logical  at  least. it  is  like  dating  ur  mum!   cougars  are  only  after  sex  and  they  know  that  the  youths  are  the  most  active. 2) On  creation  view  women  age  faster  than  men-  why  should  u  give   ur   strength  to  cougars. Stop  preying  on   young  men! and  for   the  youth  who are  after cougars-  i   simply  think  they  are  not  in  their  sound  mind? The  last  time   i  checked  ladies  were   more  than  men?  what   do  u   gain  anyway.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service