Adventist Online

After Publishing this article in our InspireNATION Magazine, we got a lot of feedback from christians worldwide about the topic.  Read the Article and let us know what you think about the topic of Oral Sex.  Is it Sodomy like some christians believe or is it enhanced sexual pleasure between consenting husband and wife.  What does the Bible say about Oral Sex?  Share your views.

**  Note from Adventist Online:  Since this site is available to members 13 and up, we have decided to confine all discussions of a sexual nature to a new private group: 
 Sexual Discussion Topics  

Please feel free to join that group and continue your discussion there.  God bless.

Views: 12783

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Some really useful and important information has been shared on this thread. Research has confirmed once again God's wisdom and goodness in protecting the health of our relationships and personal wellbeing through divinely established principles. Thanks Odette for sharing. This seems like a healthy and insightful discussion.
Dear Shay,

It was a very interesting indeed and specially because of so many references coming from everyone. The Heavenly Father wants a pure people undefiled, without spots or wrinkles.

He is preparing whosoever will hear and obey! It is not an easy subject to discuss but it is needed in the light of so much information out there, both useful and full of confusion. The wise shall understand. Praise His name and pray for me as I pray for you.

With His love.

odette
No, Nicole. You're being honest. You are very much appreciated!
actually nicole I never ever thought of u as a sex craved individual as we have talked before . I did not want to comment on this topic either because once minds are set no amount of anything will cahnge their opinion . . TRAVIS ONCE SAID that their be arguments and their be Spirit of prohecy quotations from SIS WHITE SEEMINGLY backing up the one answering . AND
Lo and behold someone else comes in with another statement by SIS WHITE rebuttling that one quoted and all appears to be above board.
DO U KNOW that scriptures are often quoted too and in their mind it refers to the topic at hand and many will agree -- but is this sufficent proof because many agree ?? IS this a new topic ?/ nooo I have heard this same topic come up late at night in a seminar when children are not in the room and it was a heated discussion then too. . . No I do not trust the General Confereance to make this decision either for. I have seen too many errors in Sabbath Adult Bible Lessons ad Primary Class Lessons left uncorrected too.

THE SCRIPTURES QUOTED AND MEDICAL REFERENCES ALWAYS APPEAR TO AGREE BUT JUST LIKE MANY TOPICS IN STUDIES MANY TIMES THE INFORMATION THAT CLAIMS THEY ARE RIGHT IS OFTEN SEEN BY OTHER PROFESSIONALS AS MISGUIDED .
I am not going to be-little anyone in here period for I know full well many take a hard line against something s that in their mind and in hundreds of others is detestable to them personaly and so it is with God then also. ..
YOU can use long debates and oratory speeches if u like but its only the Holy sprit that will convict someones conscience not by your endless debates trying to force someones conscience. .
this is done in the forum time and time and time again over and over and over . when it runs its course someone else picks it up and the chain continues again .
DRUMS IN THE CHURCH . DIVORCE . AND countless others are rehashed as if u do not agree you going str8 to hell fire and burn for all eternity! .
IT GETS TO THE POINT THEY DO NOT want to be you friend either cause u are a sinner . what i s next excommunication orrrr have u disfellowshipped?? One in here decided to take it upon himself to go to someones superior over his comments in here that he had to delete his profile page to save his job now that is cold.!
Are u one thAt in your mind you are right and all other that disagree with your scriptual evedences are not of God so they must be from Satans camp?
it's good to read replies here and as single i think i'm learning.
Well , the bible says marriage is honourable and the bed is undefiled. The bible doesn't state what type of SEX married people should involved in .This is a hot topic.The bible speaks againt adultery. My response is that if it is used in marriage , i dont see a problem with married people wanting to enhance their sex lives.
I always Knew that Oral sex was EVIL just like in SODOM AND Gomorrah. bUT SADLY SOME CHRISTIANS ENGAGE IN SUCH EVIL PRACTICES. SOME SAY ITS HOLY WOOD TO BLAME BUT THEY SHOULD BLAME THEMSELVES

a hard pill to swallow lol

1 Thess 4:3-6

3 God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 4 Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— 5 not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
Holy Bible, New Living Translation

Dont go looking in the bible for Oral sex lol you won't find it. It's something NEW Or strange

they invent ways of doing evil;

Rom 1:28-32

28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
NIV

How is Oral Sex Evil?  

The Bible says that "Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled"   Once you are legally married God blesses oral sex too! AMEN!

Sad to say but many married couples IN THE CHURCH are EXTREMELY UNSATISFIED and FUSTRATED with their sexual lives.  And this is a direct result of our attitude towards sex in marriage. We treat it as if it's a dirty act that we should do as little as possible and as boring as possible to preserve our Christianity.

We act like "Sexual Pharisees" putting so much rules and regulations on the act that it just becomes a burden!

My advice is if you are a MARRIED christian Adventist, SEX for you should be DYNAMITE, and if it means

engaging in oral sex, I say enjoy!

BTW..I give to you Song of Solomon 2:3

"As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste."

hmmmm..need i say more?? lol

Songs of Solomon is not about sex and check the meaning of this word

Sod·om·y

[sod-uh-mee] Show IPA
–noun
anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
copulation with a member of the same sex.
bestiality ( def. 4 ) .
Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English sodomie  /span> Old French. See Sodom, -y3

sod·o·mit·i·cal [sod-uh-mit-i-kuhl] Show IPA, sod·o·mit·ic, adjective
sod·o·mit·i·cal·ly, adverb
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source
So you will admit on World wide web that you are practicing Sodomy as a christian. Do you believe Peter or Adam or other Christians performed Sodomy in the past ??
nope not to shame. If its ok then there is no need ot be ashamed

I have no idea how you linked sodomy with the Song of Solomon.  And as far I know sodomy is anal intercourse, not oral sex.

lol..that's a rather bold question!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by