Adventist Online

Study to show thyself approved to God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

The Darby Bible Translation says, “…cutting in a straight line the word of truth.”

In the video Papal Rome - Papacy Vatican 5th Beast in Prophecy, Kenneth Cox speaks about a fifth beast. This begs to question; how many beasts are there or how many does he see? In the series Mr. Cox also presents a premise which requires one to look deeply into the word of truth, cutting in a straight line the word of truth. 

Here he speaks of the seven kings of Revelation 17 saying five have fallen.  Again, I will question those previously presented as unproven, simply because the question which requires an answer is the question of the woman. When did the woman sit upon the beast, and now one must question who is the beast?

3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sit.

The woman is key to the prophecy, she sits on the seven heads.

In Papacy Vatican 5th Beast in Prophecy, Mr. Cox presents the idea that the little horn of Daniel 7:8 and the beast of Revelation 13:1 are exactly the same power.

In order to make this idea possible, he alters the biblical definition of the dragon into “Pagan” Rome, as opposed the Ancient Rome. He then uses Revelation 13:2 in suggesting that the ‘him’ in the verse is Papal Rome.

“…and the dragon (Pagan Rome) gave him (Papal Rome) his power, and his seat, and great authority.”  

This is a complete alteration of the bible as the bible interprets itself, and therefore this cannot be true.

--To Be Continued

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Gene you are never going to get the lectures of Pr Cox to square with the doctrines of the WWCOG. These are two totally different points of view. And as the text says it requires wisdom. 

The one thing I think I can see is that you have ignored the point that Pr, Cox makes "You need to view it from the place where John is seeing the vision" and that is in the wilderness. As the book of Rev. is a spiritual book you need to understand that the wilderness is also spiritual. So a spiritual wilderness would be where Christianity is rejected. And that happened in France in the revolution. 

I myself would not have seen it if Pr. Cox had not pointed it out. 

Elijah,

I’m not concerned with the WWCOG, as it seems you are. I’m actually trying to understand the lectures of Pr. Cox from the bible and history point of view. Having noted how he has changed the context of the scripture for his own purpose.

The wilderness is a point of reference, I think.  it is a deserted or unpopulated space. The angel speaking with John said,

Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters.

In vision John is taken to a place where his focus is only on what is being shown.

3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

This language is very common in prophecy

Ezekiel 40:2

In visions of God He took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain…

Revelation 1:10

On the Lord's day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet

I do not agree with you Gene as Pr. Cox says the wilderness is spiritual and Rev. 11 gives us a pointer to what kind of wilderness it is Atheism. 

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service