Adventist Online

Partial List Of Abominations In The Seventh Day Adventist Church

Partial List Of Abominations In The Church

1. Lack of reverence in the house of God: Isa. 56:7; Volume 5, pages 492-500.

2. Following the fashions of the world: Isa. 3:16; Volume 1, pages
269, 270; Volume 4, page 632; Volume 3, page 379; Volume 5, page 78; Volume 1, pages 189-191; Volume 1, pages 135, 136; Volume 4, page 631.

3. Spending money for that which is not bread (health reform): Isa. 55:2; Volume 5, page 197; Isa. 56:12. (Many references can be given from the testimonies on this subject, but space will not permit them here.)

4. Use of tithe--school teachers (those who teach the Scriptures)are not paid by the tithe as they should have been: Volume 6, page 215.

5. The house of God is made into a house of merchandise by buying and selling denominational publications of all sorts: Isa. 58:3; Isa. 56:7; Volume 1, pages 471, 472; Volume 8, page 250.

6. High prices in our institutions while they should be below current expenses: Volume 8, page 142; Isa. 56:12; Isa. 58.

7. Disbelief in the Spirit of Prophecy: If not acknowledged by words, it is admitted by works.

8. Failed to inform church members of Elijah's message: Mal. 4:5; Testimonies to Ministers, page 475; Volume 4, pages 402, 403.

9. Abraham obeyed God in all that He commanded, and was very careful even to the smallest particulars; thus it was counted to him for righteousness, but we have not done so. See Gen. 26:5; Gen. 15:6.

10. The promise of the land (heavenly Canaan) is to Abraham's seed. Jesus said, "If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. [If ye are not the children of Abraham] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do." See John 8:39-44. (By doing the works of Abraham), "Then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal. 3:29

11. Insisting that we have all the truth and have need of nothing.

12. Turning down Scriptural claims without investigation as to its light. Volume 5 page 211: "The abominations for which the faithful ones were sighing and crying were all that could be discerned by finite eyes, but by far the worst sins, those which provoked the jealousy of the pure and holy God, were unrevealed."

Views: 1312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly! That is the typical approach of offshoot movements. Their sole purpose is to tear down the organization's leaders, and they use the SOP out of context in order to do that.
Brother John B.

Notice that the List is made up from the SOP and that no one said anything about them what sister White WROTE....that is a superficial reading. No I am not a branch davidian...david koresh was a false prophet. As to the guns you are stretching it a little. I don't like guns, here is John trying to use the scare tactic. Bible and SOP are very clear so, even if Jesus would show you the Truth you would consider Him a devil. "Should the Lord give a vision right before this class of people in our day, pointing out their mistakes, rebuking their self-righteousness and condemning their sins, they would rise up in rebellion, like the inhabitants of Nazareth when Christ showed them their true condition. {5T 689.1} See brother John SOP tells it like it is, don't try to run away brother.

Now to the deceit, and should not go into all your silly remarks. Isa. 30:9, 10 -- "That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord: which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits." This is what you actually are saying about the message of the 3rd angel..." tell me lies but don't tell me the Truth."

Well seems that what ever the Lord sends, His people will not hearken...
Raul God is in charge of His church. Let God deal with the issues that affect His church. You're using the SOP, and the bible which addressed certain issues in context, to make sweeping generalizations about what you think is wrong with God's church.

Raul you're acting as a priest. You're taking on the burden that belongs to Christ. The wheat and the tares will grow together. There is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

Personally, I appreciate your concern, and believe you me don't think that you're are the only one with such concerns. God doesn't need our help in fixing His church.

The bible says this gospel shall be a witness, but what it didn't say is that all those who entered the church because of it will be saved. Do you think that if all who are in the church today were perfect that we would be discussing this matter now? No!
Back to labels and accusations.

I think that a lot of folks here are legalists ... but I don't go around calling them such.
Calling people legalists and identifying someone with a different religious affiliation are different. Obviously, I'm sure most legalists don't think they're legalists. But saying someone is of a particular religion based on what they say is a more valid judgment.
Such a disructive word Bro!! its clear that you aint SDA..sorry to say that..but please correct me if I'm wrong..

My own Opinion:

The system of the SDA denomination is Perfect!!!..but the people working on that System are the ones who Aren't perfect!!..understandably, cause theyre not Angles! so they're subject to commit errors....
I have to admit, I wish our college institutions did have much lower prices, lol.
But, remember my friend we are not government subsidized. Probably, more SDA families need to support the church's schools which might reflect in lower tuition costs.

Wouldn't you agree?
Raul I am not sure what you're trying to achieve here on an SDA public forum. I am quite sure that you're not the only one noticing issues that affect us. This is how I see the whole matter.

God's church is like a hospital. There are people with sin-sick problems. Some need more attention than others. If you're not a doctor don't try to fix it, but I am glad to say that we have a balm in Gilead, that will heal the sin-sick soul.

Its way easier to criticize from the pews, or from the outside, than it is to rehabilitate, or restore. There are persons in church who are faced with serious spiritual challenges, and we don't know what they are going through. Only God knows. What we can do though is to find a way to encourage them.

Do you realize that Jesus never once pointed out Judas' sins, but He lived by example so that no one would have an excuse not to do right. Do you realize that Jesus loved Judas even though He knew he would be betrayed by him?

You're not unique in knowledge as to what is happening in God's church, for indeed a lot is happening, but none of us were called to make a record of sin, because love covers a multitude of sins.

If we prayed, loved more, encourraged more, helped more, and assisted more, then probably things would be different.
Those ministers who are men pleasers, who cry, Peace, peace, when God has not spoken peace, might well humble their hearts before God, asking pardon for their insincerity and their lack of moral courage. It is not from love for their neighbor that they smooth down the message entrusted to them, but because they are self-indulgent and ease-loving. True love seeks first the honor of God and the salvation of souls. Those who have this love will not evade the truth to save themselves from the unpleasant results of plain speaking. When souls are in peril, God's ministers will not
consider self, but will speak the word given them to speak, refusing to excuse or palliate evil. {PK 141.3}
So tell me something when the bible says that the "wheat and the tares will grow together until the day of harvest", what does it mean? What did Jesus say not to do with those tares in his church?

Have you, or others who think like you ever heard a distinct call from God to seek to cause division among His people? In God's own time He will purge His church, and that is why there is going to be a sifting, and shaking, and sealing process.

You just make sure your soul is ready.
Peace brother

I agree with you brother Bobby and I respect your opinion. Never was and never has the Lord criticized His church. The perspective of these brethren is all wrong, for if one would actually consider the references in question one will realized that the Lord send them. Bible and SOP have lots to bring to the table, will we ignore them all together? Take example after example in the Bible and SOP of Gods profess people. Do you really think the Lord has abandon us altogether? Never did I make or insinuated that I was perfect. I agree that the SDA is a hospital for the sick, yet the Lord has sent the cure time after time again.

"Different periods in the history of the church have each been marked by the development of some special truth, adapted to the necessities of God's people at that time. Every new truth has made its way against hatred and opposition; those who were blessed with its light were tempted and tried. The Lord gives a special truth for the people in an emergency. Who dare refuse to publish it?" GC 690

What do you think happen in 1888? The message was delivered with the power of the Spirit says the messenger: "I shall never again, I think, be called to stand under the direction of the Holy Spirit as I stood at Minneapolis. The presence of Jesus was with me. All assembled in that meeting had an opportunity to place themselves on the side of truth by receiving the Holy Spirit, which was sent by God in such a rich current of love and mercy. But in the rooms occupied by some of our people were heard ridicule, criticism, jeering, laughter. The manifestations of the Holy Spirit were attributed to fanaticism.... The scenes which took place at that meeting made the God of heaven ashamed to call those who took part in them His brethren. All this the heavenly Watcher noticed, and it was written in the book of God's remembrance." -- "Special Testimony to Review and Herald Office," pp. 16, 17, written in 1896.

With this I am not putting myself above anyone. "Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation." -- "Counsels to Writers and Editors," p. 35.

But as to what I am trying to do here in this forum? Well what are forums created for. I am sure it is not for a social club gathering. I go where the SDAs are at. Gods people are very important to Him. If you think I am in error pray for me and help me out. Jesus said Love one another. Well that is what I am trying to do. Anyhow before I say to much for nothing. God bless you brother

br Raul

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by