Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Explain what you understand by partial Resurrection. The Bible spoke on this point on more than one occasion, and Ellen White also spoke on this point.

i understand partial ressurection to mean ellen white and others raising before the grand ressurection also caiphaus will raise when jesus comes to see him and then go back down. this is what i have been told.

I don't remember reading about Ellen White being resurrected but the Bible and SOP suggest that the persecutors of Jesus and some other wicked persons will be resurrected at the second coming of Jesus only to die again.

well jason you need to prove that

Peace

Yes sister Leslie Ann, there is a special resurrection (Dan.12:2) to take place during the seventh last plague, just prior to the resurrection of all the righteous saints. The people who died in the faith of the Three Angels message are risen, also those wicked people who was involved in Jesus death.

EGW : "The Seventh Plague and the Special Resurrection -
There is a mighty earthquake, “such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great” (Revelation 16:17, 18). The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side.... The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. The seaports that have become like Sodom for wickedness are swallowed up by the angry waters.... Great hailstones, every one “about the weight of a talent,” are doing their work of destruction (verses 19, 21) .... – {LDE 271.1}
Graves are opened, and “many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth ... awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2). All who have died in the faith of the third angel’s message come forth from the tomb glorified to hear God’s covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. “They also which pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.—The Great Controversy, 636, 637 (1911). – {LDE 271.2}

During the seventh plague and just before the time Jesus comes and all eyes can see Him, there will be a special resurrection. I'm assuming EGW will be amongst those who died in the faith of the three Angels message to be resurrected.

Blessings!

Reasoning

Wouldn't every one who accepted truth would have died in the three angels message?

The paragraph you quoted just speaks about the two ressurections and may I remind you you cannot form a doctrine with one text...especially something of a partial resurrection.

Peace

Leslie Ann wrote: "Wouldn't every one who accepted truth would have died in the three angels message?
The paragraph you quoted just speaks about the two ressurections and may I remind you you cannot form a doctrine with one text...especially something of a partial resurrection."

Thank you sister Leslie Ann, I appreciate your questions, because in order to get to truth, questions need to be ask and answered.

To your question, not everyone who accepted truth died in the three Angels message, because we agree the three Angels message began in 1844 correct? So any saints before that time will remain asleep till the resurrection when Jesus come in the clouds when all eyes can see Him.

You said the statement I quoted speaks about the two resurrections, and I can't form a doctrine with one text, especially about the special resurrection.

Ok, I respect your view, and I agree you can't form doctrine with one text, however I humbly disagree that the statement can't be understood in the context of the special resurrection, separate from the resurrection of the saints when Jesus comes, and separate from the resurrection of the wicked after the 1000 years.

The first thing I disagree with you on is that EGW is speaking of two resurrections, it's just speaking of one special resurrection that two groups of people are raised, those saints who died in the Three Angels message and those wicked people who had a part in the death of Jesus.

How can we be sure? EGW is putting this special resurrection in the time of the seventh and last plague (Rev.16), we know the wicked isn't raised till after the 1000 years... So just before Jesus comes to resurrect the saints, catch the living saints up in the air, and burn the wicked left on earth, she says

EGW : "... those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.—The Great Controversy, 636, 637 (1911). – {LDE 271.2}

It's not me forming a doctrine with one text, it's just clear what the statement is saying and that the time frame of this special resurrection is during the seventh and last plague (Rev.16:17,18,19,21), that's on this side of the 1000 years... Again, wicked people aren't raised till after the 1000 years. But only those who had a part in the death of Jesus will be raised to see Him in His Glory, the time when honor is place upon the loyal and obedient saints.

With all due respect, Can't expect Gene to agree, because Gene is not SDA.... Gene's end time views are different (similar to H.Armstrongs believers).. however, you Leslie Ann are a SDA, and you agree EGW writings are inspired... so maybe you can see what she is saying clearer. Thank you.

Blessings!

Reasoning,

EGW : "... those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.—The Great Controversy, 636, 637 (1911). – {LDE 271.2}

This is such a human response of EGW; God is not like man. Jesus prayed

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do…"

Furthermore, the bible says, “….that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses, and having committed to us the word of reconciliation.”

Peace

Gene, you have your views, but SOP tells us it's a special resurrection just pior to the resurrection of all righteous Saints of all ages, the Time Jesus comes in His Glory. If she didn't write it then I probably would have the same view as you. But again, your not SDA, I'm a SDA, and as an SDA I regards her writings as inspired. So we will have to agree to disagree.

As someone on the outside looking in, would you conclude from the quote that EGW is saying there is a special resurrection?

Blessings!

Been a member for thirty years, but I admonish you to heed the word of God; the bible.

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

What is being said is not in the word of truth, and is only speculation. God would have us to know the truth, and teach it honestly.

Peace

Gene wrote: "Been a member for thirty years, but I admonish you to heed the word of God; the bible."

Being a member doesn't make you a SDA, it's your beliefs... You don't believe the basic doctrines of the SDA Church, which is from the Bible. So that's why I say what I did. From discussing with you in the past, Your more in line with H.Armstrong beliefs.

Blessings!

It’s only the word of truth which matters, wouldn’t you agree? The man doesn’t matter. God can lead you to the word of truth by any man or any person, but it’s the word of truth which agrees with God.

Does this agree with God? Does it agree with Christ character?

"... those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.—The Great Controversy, 636, 637 (1911). – {LDE 271.2}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service