Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your reply Elijah but this is still not concrete because of the fact that egw writings are not chronological and also the bible theme speaks two resurrection are we to forget that and go with what egw says which might seem to introduce another resurrection. The bible resurrections are bold and obvious you don't have to dig deep to see it but...if there really was a partial resurrection seems like it is hidden in the bible.

There are only two resurrections; of the just and the unjust. PERIOD!

My understanding is that the Spirit of Prophesy is in reference to EGW only? SOP sis always accompanying her name or associated with it. There is no special holy spirit just for EGW.

The Word of God and the power of God manifests potentially to all believers in Christ, as "But the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to profit withal." I Corinthians 12:7.

The spirit of God, prophesy and all manifestations are available to every believer as they are manifestations of the spirit.

Both Gene and Leslie Ann are correct, as the spirit of God manifested in humans will not contradict the written Word of God, as both the spirit and the written Word confirm each other. Anything including a so-called "partial resurrection" or another resurrection other than the two stated in scripture. The only exceptions are individual resurrections from the dead such as Lazarus or others raised from the dead.

The two resurrections are massive general resurrections, one for the righteous and one for the unrighteous. This confusion and ideas contrary to scripture is another reason I do not think EGW was a true prophet of God. The spirit of God does not contradict itself. There is no such thing as a "special ministry in prophesy," which infers that EGW had something special above measure or in importance. Either someone is prophesying for God or they are not?

Every believer in this period of grace administration receives the same measure of holy spirit that all believers receive (the gift of God, not God The Father, thus lower case h and s).

EGW's opposition to speaking in tongues and its interpretation is another valid reason to suspect as well as her being in trance type states for long periods of time as the true God does not take over the freedom of will of the person. A person can have even a vision which is spiritual revelation before their eyes, but their freedom of will and consciousness is not taken over by God.

James, you seem to have problems reading the question that was about Rev. 1:7. The question was what does it mean. We all know you detest EGW because she writes things you do not like to hear.  

Thanks for your reply Leslie Ann, Jesus said this to Caiaphas: 

Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him[Caiaphas], Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Those two verses do connect together on this subject, as EGW points out in the Devotional Maranatha P. 282 as I posted just above I do believe there will be a special resurrection for those who had a hand in the Piercing Christ. 

I hope you take no notice of James who ignore texts that do not suit his paradigm. 

Peace

Hi sister Leslie Ann,

I don't agree with Andrew Henriques that EGW and other SDA pioneers will make up the number of 144,000, that number composes of living saints that will never taste death. However, SDA pioneers and those who die under the three Angels message will be resurrected during the 7th last plague and be with the 144,000 and the great multitude to see Jesus come in the clouds.

I agree the resurrection of the righteous dead before the 1000 years and the resurrection of the wicked dead after 1000 years are the main resurrections.  It's clear SOP thru the writings of EGW says there will be a special resurrection for those righteous who died under the three angles message, if you don't want to believe that (which it seems you don't), then that is fine.

I also agree with you and brother Gene, we shouldn't have to get that understanding from her writings, we should be able to back it up with the Bible. It makes total sense.

So let's try to do that,

Rev.1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

My sister, who is "He" that cometh?

I believe it's Jesus, what do you believe?

When the Bible says "he cometh with clouds", when is that time Jesus comes in the clouds?

I believe it's the time of Jesus second advent

Matt.24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see  the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Can we agree that Jesus coming in the clouds is related to His second coming? 

I don't believe Rev1:7 is taking about His coming after the thousand years, because the Bible says that great city, the Holy Jerusalem, is descending down out of Heaven from GOD. 

Rev.21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

So before the 1000 years Jesus comes in the clouds, and after the 1000 years He comes in the "great city". Can we agree? 

Blessings!

Peace

Hey brother Ian, blessings!! I noticed another connection that Rev.1:7 is referring to the second coming of Jesus, the time of the first resurrection.

Rev.1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Matt.24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

So let's see if we all get on the same page and agree that Rev.1:7 is taking about the second coming, the time of the first resurrection. Leslie Ann, Gene can we agree? 

Thank you. Blessings!

Reasoning not to sure what you are trying to say here? To my understanding Rev 1:7 and Matt 24:30 as well as Matt 26:24 Where Jesus prophesied that He would be seen in the clouds.   Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. And of cause your references from the Book of Mark. 

Reasoning

I agree that the 144,000 is indeed the number of living saints alive when Jesus comes.

So, now you need to supply me with the necessary info of the pioneers raising in a special resurrection at the beginning of the seventh last plague.

I believe that the 144,000 and the great multitude spoken of in revelation are one and the same John heard the number and then he saw them as a great multitude.

I would look at your point of his coming in the clouds.

Peace

Leslie Ann: "I agree that the 144,000 is indeed the number of living saints alive when Jesus comes. So, now you need to supply me with the necessary info of the pioneers raising in a special resurrection at the beginning of the seventh last plague.
I believe that the 144,000 and the great multitude spoken of in revelation are one and the same John heard the number and then he saw them as a great multitude.
I would look at your point of his coming in the clouds."

I think you have a thread for this subject, but just quickly...

Great, we agree, the 144,000 is a literal number of living saints, alive when Jesus comes in the clouds, the time of the first resurrection.

You believe the 144,000 and Great multitude are one and the same, and this can be confusing, but you could be right and wrong, it all depends what you be believe.

Let me explain, yes, the 144,000 are from the same harvest, the living Saints.... but they are not the great multitude of living saints to be gathered during the Loud Cry/Latter rain.

The first fruits of the living saints are the 144,000 in exact number, they are the ones who goes out to gather the great multitude in the fallen Churchs and the world during the Loud Cry. 

Just like the first fruits of the righteous dead saints came up around Jesus resurrection, they represent the bigger harvest of righteous dead saints that will be resurrected when Jesus comes in the clouds. If they are first fruits of living saints, then there must be a bigger harvest of living saints. 

Now, if you believe only 144,000 of living saints will be alive when Jesus comes in the clouds,  is the Bible teaching the 144,000 will gather the great multitude during the Loud Cry and then they will die. In essence this is what your saying if you believe only 144,000 will be alive when Jesus comes in the clouds and every eye can see Him.

I have to find it, but the Bible says the Great multitude came out of tribulation... 

Rev.7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev.714 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Question, what is the great tribulation the great multitude came out of? 

I thought the great tribulation was the time of the last plagues.

When it says the great multitude came out of great tribulation, can we agree to come out of tribulation they had to go through it? 

Yes, John heard the number of 144,000 and saw a great multitude, but remember they are all living saints. They come out of great tribulation together. So when John saw the great multitude, he saw the 144,000 of living saints and the bigger harvest of living saints gathered during the Loud Cry... But when he sees them together they are one great multitude of living saints. 

Blessings!

The Book of revelation gives us this mysterious text 

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:7.

There is no second witness to this text so it makes it harder to understand what it really means. For those who believe EGW had a special Ministry in Prophecy, we can glean there will be a special resurrection for some people who had a hand in Piercing Christ I have heard some ask how far does this extend? To all who have mocked Christ? Well, all we know is what EGW has written on the subject.   

The 144,000 are 12,000 from each TRIBE OF ISRAEL; 12,000 x 12 = 144,000.

Revelation 7-11 King James Version (KJV)

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service