Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elijah; persnoal attacks that you make are not according to the subject matter.

You attack and then cry subject matter.

You constantly attack my credibility and ministry and character and when I address that you say it is not part of the subject matter. You made it part of the subject matter, you always do. I have a God-given right to defend the Gospel, the truth, the nine manifestations of holy spirit and to defend myself.

How dare you, your spiritually despicable and you bring shame to the SDA as there are wonderful people here and who I have met over the years who do walk in love even if they never speak in tongues etc.

You do not walk in love, as if you count me as an enemy, you are supposed to love your enemy also, did not Jesus say so?

I continue to pray for you and that you may finally come to your spiritual senses and go back to the Word of God itself and apply its precepts of how you treat others. The state of the Christianity is certainly in apostasy and you are a perfect example unfortunately for you and for the SDA and the Body of Christ.

Your judgments are unrighteous and not based on sound principles or facts or truths, you have no evidence but your opinion and you mouth what others have taught you, without experiencing actually walking with The Creator and His Son Jesus Christ manifested into your life and out into the senses realm healing, counseling, ministering, encouraging and loving people.

I have acted as a pastor and minister of the Gospel and researcher for 43 years now, and you count that as dung. Satan through people many multiple times have attempted to kill and destroy me and my ministry, yet God preserved me. You judge me now, God shall judge you. I have God as my witness and the holy spirit as a witness, and Jesus Christ the Son of God as my witnesses. 

God is my witness that I have placed myself in harm's way many a time for the Gospel's sake. Yet you sit back never having walked by the spirit of God in the power of the nine manifestations of holy spirit and profess to be able to judge others without listening to God's revelation, and worse yet doing so tinged with complete hate and animosity and judge by the flesh.

The lack of walking by the spirit in Christianity and the private and inaccurate handling of the Word is everyone's business that cares about the Kingdom of God.

Peace

Gene wrote: "Those who pierced him will indeed see him sitting on the throne of glory whether it is at the first resurrection or the second great white throne resurrection."

Leslie Ann asked: "Please elaborate what you meant here"

Sister Leslie Ann, let me attempt to explain brother Gene's view, then when he decides to respond he can confirm whether or not I'm right. He believes those who pierced Jesus could be righteous or wicked, that's why he said they are coming up in the first resurrection which is for the righteous saints or the second resurrection which is for the wicked (not both), we just don't know, because that is decided in Heaven. Did I get it right brother Gene?

I said, he's right, we don't know what's going on in the books of Heaven, however, my thinking is those who pierced Jesus were wicked because they did the bidding of the beast, which did the bidding of satan, in killing Jesus. 

I believe we can find what time Rev.1:7 is referring to, we are still in discussions about this... when Rev.1:7 talks about Jesus coming in the clouds, my understanding is that is referring to the second coming, the time of the first resurrection. 

Gene's statement sister Leslie Ann differs from what the SOP & SDA Church teaches, instead of those that pierced Jesus coming up in either the first and second resurrection, one or the other, not both, ...

.. The SDA Church teaches those who pierced Jesus will come up in the special resurrection just pior to Jesus coming in the clouds when every eye can see Him, the time of the first resurrection, then they will die at His coming. Then those who pierced Jesus will be resurrected again after the 1000 years,  to die again in the lake of fire. 

EGW: Graves are opened, and “many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth... awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.” Daniel 12:2. All who have died in the faith of the third angel’s message come forth from the tomb glorified, to hear God’s covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. “They also which pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient. – GC p. 637

EGW : "At the first resurrection all came forth in immortal bloom; but at the second the marks of the curse are visible on all. The kings and noblemen of the earth, the mean and low, the learned and unlearned, come forth together. All behold the Son of man; and those very men who despised and mocked Him, who put the crown of thorns upon His sacred brow, and smote Him with the reed, behold Him in all His kingly majesty. Those who spit upon Him in the hour of His trial now turn from His piercing gaze and from the glory of His countenance. Those who drove the nails through His hands and feet now look upon the marks of His crucifixion. Those who thrust the spear into His side behold the marks of their cruelty on His body. And they know that He is the very one whom they crucified and derided in His expiring agony. And then there arises one long protracted wail of agony, as they flee to hide from the presence of the King of kings and Lord of lords." – EW p. 292

Even though we're in the mist of proving it from the Bible, the SOP put those who pierced Jesus on the scene before and after the 1000 years. 

Blessings! 

Reasoning

Yes I am familiar with the quotes of those who pierced him and it really do sound like they would rise to see Jesus come the second time but it must be proven from the bible.

Also what do you think about this text  in light of this?

KJV Hebrews 9
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

How does these texts fit in with those who pierced him?

Hi Leslie Ann and Reasoning,

Thank you, and let me elaborate. I wasn’t trying to avoid the question, but was caught up doing some other things. In keeping with the scriptures and not my own imagination as some, the bible gives us clear thoughts on this, and I praise God for his vision and plan of salvation for the human family as it is said,

Therefore encourage one another with these words.

The bible tells us this;

1 Thessalonians 4:16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

There is no room for a special resurrection. God’s plan of salvation is resolute and its done with purpose.

The Lord will descend at the second coming, this we agree.   Again, the scriptures say

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge….

This authority will be given at the second coming.

He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations. Revelation 2:26

5…. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection.

There is no room for a special resurrection, that is a human ideal and is not part of plan of salvation, its not on God’s schedule.

The apostle Paul speaks again

1Cor.15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So, we see, the resurrection is an orderly event. Christ was first, then those that are Christ’s at his coming.   Those who pierced him will see him because they are part of this first resurrection.  If not, they will see him at the great white throne judgement.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened….

God’s plan of salvation extends even to this time, but nowhere have we seen a special resurrection because it all made up.

Gene seems to me you have totally ignored a few texts that are also part of the Bible. 

Rev 1:7  Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.  

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Joh 19:37  And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED.

Zec 12:10  "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 

Psa 22:16  For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; 17  I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. 18  They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots. 

Heb 10:29  Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30  For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE." 

Mat 26:64  Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." 

Mar 14:61  But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" 
Mar 14:62  Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." 

I hope you notice Jesus saying "YOU will see". 

No Elijah, I did not ignore a few texts, none of these point to a special resurrection. It is a fact and a truth that Jesus is coming a second time, and when he come as it says

THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED." then they will look on Me whom they pierced.

….and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Nothing will stop this event, and this will change the universe forever!

Your point is on those who pierced him as we find in Psalm 22.

For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; 17  I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. 18  They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.

Jesus foretold this, yet he said, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.  Can Jesus save the wicked?

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them: ‘As I live, saith ... I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; I desire that the wicked turn from his evil ways and live.

Matthew 27:54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

God is not interested in the big payback; the blood of Jesus saves. God is telling us of the power of His salvation

Rev 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 

Amen!

Salvation is for everyone, even they who pierced Him.

OK Gene I can not think of anything else that will show you that there will be a special resurrection for those who pierced him. I know you detest EGW so I will not waste time in showing what she writes about it. So God bless you and your second chance gospel. 

I don’t detest EGW, I have found she often say things that are not consistent with the bible, like a special resurrection. God shares with us the order of the resurrections, none of which point to a special resurrection. If you wish to believe EGW even if she says something that are unproved from the bible, that’s on you. I reserve the right to believe the word of God.

Well Gene that is the whole thing about this is it not? EGW writes things you find not in keeping with the Bible. I know you are not an SDA so I guess you can believe what you want. But anyone baptized into the SDA Church has by that action affirmed that they Accept EGW as a Prophet. But remember this is a site for SDA and you will always run into SDA who do not believe like you do like me.

Elijah,

I was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; not in the name of EGW. As she speaks things that are not scriptural, one has to speak on those. A special resurrection is not in the bible, unless someone puts it there.

Thanks for your Reply Gene. Yes so was I but what was also in that was as Jesus said "Go and Teach" teach what? Most SDA do accept the Writings of EGW as a Commentary on the Bible. If you do not well that is a matter for you is it not?

The special resurrection can be seen in different ways Just because you do not like to see it does not mean it is not there. I have seen often enough how you have dishonestly twisted texts to suit your paradigm.  

No! Thank you, Elijah.

The special resurrection can’t be seen in different ways. It is an assumption that those who pierced him are eternally doomed; even though Jesus prayed that they be forgiven because they know not what they do.

See, Jesus was destined for the cross, it was God’s plan. The destiny of God, intersected with human beings. Jesus understood that his battle as ours, was not with flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  The cross was the only way to defeat them, the bible says;

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

As a Christian, you should be able to understand this deep meaning behind Jesus prayer of forgiveness. This is the whole purpose of Jesus dying on the cross, to save humanity for these spiritual forces of evil.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service