Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gene

Those who pierced him will indeed see him sitting on the throne of glory whether it is at the first resurrection or the second great white throne resurrection. 

Please elaborate what you meant here

Reasoning and Elijah;

Why is there no prophesy, speaking in tongues with interpretation or for that matter any of the nine manifestaions of holy spirit in the assemblies, the lives and the walk of the believers?

Talk of prophesy over 100 yrs. ago, but no prophesy now? Why?

If God is not communicaing by the spirit, what does that mean?

Is it man’s fault or God doesn’t work at SDA and why?

These are hard questions, most pople will not consider them and just attack the messenger and avoid the lack of faith. God has been waiting for 2000 years for people to believe God like in the Book of Acts.

James said:

"Why is there no prophesy, speaking in tongues..."

Prophecy we have EGW as SDA. Israel went for 400 years without a Prophet. What do you happy clappers have yes speaking in tongues indeed and the false outpouring of the "spirit" If this was from God the $3 bill would be good currency. You seem to think we can force God to pour out the Spirit. And the result is Satan pours out his spirit on you. And you are no messenger from God rather Satan has sent you here. Let me remind you that the subject you are raising is totally different to what this thread is dealing with why do you not make a new thread for this subject? Or reopen one there is plenty of threads that deal with the validity of EGW as a prophet. We know you have no respect for any rules around here as you demonstrate just about every time you post here.

No the question is not about me and what I do, but about why there is no prophesy in the SDA to which the Bible states we are to covet to prophesy, as well as all 9 manifestations are to profit withal and walking by the spirit is required not optional, which include the 9 manifestations of holy spirit which includes hearing the still small voice of God.

You only attack me instead of considering the implications of the general lack of power of the holy spirit in general Christianity and SDA in particular. You give no answers or consider the implications of not walking by the spirit and quenching the spirit of God, which is normal in Christianity and not the exception. Therefore you deceive yourself and you attack me without justification or evidence, as you are completely ignorant of this field which I have studied and obtained Biblically sound and profitable results for over 43 years.

You have no experience or understanding in this field and make false blanket statements about it and about me without evidence and continue to blampheme the holy spirit. God does not like such behavior and your total lack of love and hateful attitude is a total bad witness for Christ, including your claiming the miracles I have seen as being Satanic without justification. God saving people's lives, homes and property as well as the environment during the 2015 Valley Fire is in your view Satanic.

That is insanity. You will have to answer to God why you do these things even after being warned many times. God is not pleased with your ignorance, blasphemy and hatred which you ignore and never consider the vast amount of information and even examples of healing, miracles and signs and wonders I have stated on this site both from the Bible and as experienced in 43 years as well as my extensive research and others' research who are far more knowledgeable and qualified to speak on these matters compared to you, like about a million to one. All you can do is attack without answering the valid questions and scriptures including the Book of Acts and the words of Jesus himself and of Paul.

Israel went for 400 years without a prophet because of unbelief and darkness. That is nothing to be proud of. The lack of the holy spirit in manifestation in general Christianity and SDA in particular also are nothing to be proud of either. God still is waiting for people to believe HIM and walk by the spirit. Total lack of significant manifestations of the holy spirit indicates;

unbelief, ignorance, lack of desire to walk by the spirit, lack of knowledge, experience and accurate teaching in this field by the leadership and an almost total quenching of the spirit of God and rejection of what in the first century church was the norm; manifesting God's power, seldom seen today and totally discouraged by most of Christianity, which is basically apostasy, a turning away from God and the gift of God in attitude and this is the "norm," not the exception.

Scripture, history and my testimony and experience and the holy spirit itself bears witness to the truth of what I am stating. Jesus, Paul, Peter, and the church epistles all bear witness to the truth of what I am saying. You defy the scriptures and the holy spirit, and the words of the prophets including Joel whose prophesy was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost. No excuse to wait for the latter rain, it already started according to Peter. Are you greater than Peter, Elijah?

James said:

"All you can do is attack without answering the valid questions and scriptures"

Yes indeed now you are rubbishing SDA Because we do not approve of your view. What you are promoting here is your view on what the Bible is saying. Notwithstanding all the lies you are telling us, the bagging about miracles you have performed. Not to mention that you reject parts of the Bible as not applying to you. You see yourself as God's gift to a fallen church do you not? One wonders how someone with a record like that is chosen by God to give a message? A lawbreaker to God has in my view no valid questions. The whole attitude of yours here is unchristian and unbecoming from someone who dares to call himself a Christian.

So let me repeat what I said before. Let me remind you that the subject you are raising is totally different to what this thread is dealing with why do you not make a new thread for this subject? Or reopen one there is plenty of threads that deal with the validity of EGW as a prophet. We know you have no respect for any rules around here as you demonstrate just about every time you post here.

You still avoid all the valid questions that I raised as you continue to bad mouth me with evil words. I have Christ in me, the hope of glory no matter what you think, and if you do these evil things to me, it is as though you did it to Christ.

You cannot and will not face the music that the spirit of God is not much in operation other than in a very limited way in most of Christianity including the SDA church. Many are truly born again of God's spirit, but that is as far as it goes.

How can someone have any credibility that apparently has never manifested holy spirit, has not researched it deeply, and just mouths the inaccuracies he has been taught with no practical experience and who reviles others he has not met, has not witnessed manifestations and who has not received discerning of spirit(s) revelation tell anything of authority and knowledge and experience in this field?

The easiest thing to do is an attack without answering the questions. This is what people do when they have nothing of substance to offer.

I am not rubbishing the SDA, the truth might bother you that no one that I know of has had any prophesy or other manifestations of the holy spirit for well over 100 years, and EGW seems to be the only one that prophesied in the SDA that we hear about.

I have seen and heard others prophesy or speak in tongues and interpret in the many hundreds over the years, as well as done many of both myself, all of them comforting, edifying, and or exhorting to a more worthy endeavor, that followed the principles of the Bible including freedom of will. 

You won't believe me, for you only think evil continuously.

In your mind Elijah it is ok for you to attack me and call me a false this and that working for Satan supposedly, and to dehumanize me. But when I defend and address your statements and refute them, you refuse to answer my questions because you can't answer them.

You are devoid of understanding in this field of the manifestations of holy spirit. A person addressing another person, especially a believer must be prudent and very careful about their judgments and accusations. I already brought your and others evil treatment to the court of God by Petition. It is still in God's court standing as witness against you and others. 

James either you do not read my post or worse you are ignoring a request and that just demonstrates how arrogant you really are. So I repeat again. 

Let me remind you that the subject you are raising is totally different to what this thread is dealing with why do you not make a new thread for this subject? Or reopen one there is plenty of threads that deal with the validity of EGW as a prophet. We know you have no respect for any rules around here as you demonstrate just about every time you post here.

I will not reply to any more of your posts here if they do not deal with the subject in hand. 

Elijah; persnoal attacks that you make are not according to the subject matter.

You attack and then cry subject matter.

You constantly attack my credibility and ministry and character and when I address that you say it is not part of the subject matter. You made it part of the subject matter, you always do. I have a God-given right to defend the Gospel, the truth, the nine manifestations of holy spirit and to defend myself.

How dare you, your spiritually despicable and you bring shame to the SDA as there are wonderful people here and who I have met over the years who do walk in love even if they never speak in tongues etc.

You do not walk in love, as if you count me as an enemy, you are supposed to love your enemy also, did not Jesus say so?

I continue to pray for you and that you may finally come to your spiritual senses and go back to the Word of God itself and apply its precepts of how you treat others. The state of the Christianity is certainly in apostasy and you are a perfect example unfortunately for you and for the SDA and the Body of Christ.

Your judgments are unrighteous and not based on sound principles or facts or truths, you have no evidence but your opinion and you mouth what others have taught you, without experiencing actually walking with The Creator and His Son Jesus Christ manifested into your life and out into the senses realm healing, counseling, ministering, encouraging and loving people.

I have acted as a pastor and minister of the Gospel and researcher for 43 years now, and you count that as dung. Satan through people many multiple times have attempted to kill and destroy me and my ministry, yet God preserved me. You judge me now, God shall judge you. I have God as my witness and the holy spirit as a witness, and Jesus Christ the Son of God as my witnesses. 

God is my witness that I have placed myself in harm's way many a time for the Gospel's sake. Yet you sit back never having walked by the spirit of God in the power of the nine manifestations of holy spirit and profess to be able to judge others without listening to God's revelation, and worse yet doing so tinged with complete hate and animosity and judge by the flesh.

The lack of walking by the spirit in Christianity and the private and inaccurate handling of the Word is everyone's business that cares about the Kingdom of God.

Peace

Gene wrote: "Those who pierced him will indeed see him sitting on the throne of glory whether it is at the first resurrection or the second great white throne resurrection."

Leslie Ann asked: "Please elaborate what you meant here"

Sister Leslie Ann, let me attempt to explain brother Gene's view, then when he decides to respond he can confirm whether or not I'm right. He believes those who pierced Jesus could be righteous or wicked, that's why he said they are coming up in the first resurrection which is for the righteous saints or the second resurrection which is for the wicked (not both), we just don't know, because that is decided in Heaven. Did I get it right brother Gene?

I said, he's right, we don't know what's going on in the books of Heaven, however, my thinking is those who pierced Jesus were wicked because they did the bidding of the beast, which did the bidding of satan, in killing Jesus. 

I believe we can find what time Rev.1:7 is referring to, we are still in discussions about this... when Rev.1:7 talks about Jesus coming in the clouds, my understanding is that is referring to the second coming, the time of the first resurrection. 

Gene's statement sister Leslie Ann differs from what the SOP & SDA Church teaches, instead of those that pierced Jesus coming up in either the first and second resurrection, one or the other, not both, ...

.. The SDA Church teaches those who pierced Jesus will come up in the special resurrection just pior to Jesus coming in the clouds when every eye can see Him, the time of the first resurrection, then they will die at His coming. Then those who pierced Jesus will be resurrected again after the 1000 years,  to die again in the lake of fire. 

EGW: Graves are opened, and “many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth... awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.” Daniel 12:2. All who have died in the faith of the third angel’s message come forth from the tomb glorified, to hear God’s covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. “They also which pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient. – GC p. 637

EGW : "At the first resurrection all came forth in immortal bloom; but at the second the marks of the curse are visible on all. The kings and noblemen of the earth, the mean and low, the learned and unlearned, come forth together. All behold the Son of man; and those very men who despised and mocked Him, who put the crown of thorns upon His sacred brow, and smote Him with the reed, behold Him in all His kingly majesty. Those who spit upon Him in the hour of His trial now turn from His piercing gaze and from the glory of His countenance. Those who drove the nails through His hands and feet now look upon the marks of His crucifixion. Those who thrust the spear into His side behold the marks of their cruelty on His body. And they know that He is the very one whom they crucified and derided in His expiring agony. And then there arises one long protracted wail of agony, as they flee to hide from the presence of the King of kings and Lord of lords." – EW p. 292

Even though we're in the mist of proving it from the Bible, the SOP put those who pierced Jesus on the scene before and after the 1000 years. 

Blessings! 

Reasoning

Yes I am familiar with the quotes of those who pierced him and it really do sound like they would rise to see Jesus come the second time but it must be proven from the bible.

Also what do you think about this text  in light of this?

KJV Hebrews 9
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

How does these texts fit in with those who pierced him?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service