Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

Great question... considering Gene's argument,  It's something I asked myself when wondering if Rev.1:7 is talking about both second and thrid coming or just one of His comings (second). I didn't find in the Bible were it referred to the coming of Jesus after 1000 years as coming in the clouds. I read John saw the Holy city, new Jerusalem coming down. 

Rev.21: 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I'm not saying it's not there, I just didn't see it yet... Your question seems to come from a position of certainty, that when Jesus comes after the 1000 years He is coming in the clouds.  If so, can you please provide the chapter and verse that would cause you to believe that. Thank you my sister. 

Again, it could be there, if that is the case, then my line of questioning and explaining my belief falls apart, why? Because Rev.1:7 can be interpreted as referring to the second & third coming and not just the second coming. 

my belief is that John in Rev.1:7 sees the second coming,  and in Rev.21:2 sees the third coming after the thousand years. But hey I could be wrong, I'm always open to that possibility, and be more than happy to say I'm wrong and be corrected... But I would need to see proof. You have it? Thank you again.

Blessings! 

Reasoning I think sop states that he coming in the clouds with the saints I would have to check.

Peace

When you say SOP, are you referring to the writings of EGW that is inspired by GOD'S Holy Spirit?

Is this acceptable for you in this discussion? I know Gene is not accepting her writings, because he's not a SDA, and looks to prove what SDA believe as mostly false at every turn, which is fine. Just wanted to know how you felt. Thank you! 

Blessings! 

The exact term “Spirit of Prophesy” is not used in the Bible. Using it to refer to EGW’s writings is exclusively SDA culture.

We know you are a sandwich short of a picknick but even the most simple-minded would realize he is on an Adventist site. Just because you are an happy clapper does not make this a happy clapper site.  

Peace

Wow... You just can't help it can you brother Ian? Yes... Your right, not including the "sandwich short of a picknick" & "happy clapper" remark, your right, this is a SDA website...  and yes, we normally use the term for EGW writings, however the Holy Spirit has moved many people to prophesy brother James. Maybe the exact term is not used in the Bible, but we can agree GOD has given HIS Holy Spirit to Prophecy to many people and still does, hence the term Spirit of Prophecy. 

Blessings! 

Sorry Reasoning I did forget what I promised to you and I will try to better myself. 

Peace

Thank you, I really appreciate that.. Just do me one favor, replace my name with Jesus' name. I'm nobody, but if you promised it to Jesus perhaps that will cause you to remember in the future. One Love! 

There is only ONE coming of the Lord (the Second Coming) and NO MORE.

The written scriptures and the holy spirit in prophecy and in tongues with interpretation, (meaning what I have witnessed) over 43 years do not support such an idea as third coming. The spirit confirms the written Word and the written Word confirms the spirit of God (they agree). 

Thanks James,

Some people are confused and these ideas are misleading. The second coming is the most pivotal point in all the universe, it will change everything forever. Like the special resurrection, this concept of a third coming is not a biblical one.   Where are the scriptural texts supporting this? Again, there are none.

I agree Gene. That is also why I don't believe in the 1844 Investigative Judgment doctrine. It says in Hebrews that Jesus entered once into the tabernacle;

Hebrews 9:11-12

" 11But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;  12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION (for us in italics added by the translator 1611 KJV).

That is past-tense, like what; First century church, long before 1844?

I do not understand how people can believe things with no support in the Bible regarding especially important things like redemption, the return of Christ, or the holy spirit field which is racked with ignorance, superstition, wrong doctrines and practices and mostly unbelief and total lack of faith in the power of the holy spirit (referring to the gift of God, thus lower case h and s. Reference to the Father God should be with Capital H and S.)

I also cannot understand how Miller is held in such esteem, who made two false predictions of Christ's return when even Jesus does not know when he will return until he is told to do so by his Father?

Also with the 1844 none event and the I.J. doctrine: 

They were all depressed because Jesus did not come back as "prophesized" by Miller.

Then Hiram Edson supposedly gets convenient "revelation" in a cornfield the same day with the new doctrine and explanation?

I am sorry but the truth of the matter is the SDA has a lot of nice people that are being taken down the plimsol path by these doctrines. The doctrines on tongues and its interpretation is filled with wrong ideas and total lack by any SDA people of the operation of the 9 manifestations of holy spirit, starting with they are not gifts, but manifestations that every believer could if desired operate in walking by the spirit as needed and directed by God because of the 9 manifestations come with the gift of holy spirit.

Many SDA people believe the above wrong doctrines and misconceptions, but do not believe or even desire to manifest any of the 9 manifestations of the holy spirit to do the work that God said we could and should do. This is true for most of Christianity also except it seems in the poorest of countries in the African Continent and Madagascar where the Word is moving tremendously, great miracles have and are happening. Pastor Norcross has taught over 11,000 pastors how to hear the voice of the Lord and to manifest holy spirit. They are defeating witchcraft and great things are happening there.

The problem is unbelief; lack of faith, lack of literally believing what God has said by the spirit that was written down, and not wanting to know what God wants to communicate to believers at the moment through the holy spirit, in other words; walking by the spirit.

The state of general Christianity is Apostasy. Many pastors so-called don't even believe that the Bible contains the Word of God? 

If believers cannot even get the most pivotal point in all history, the return of Christ, well how can they get the finer points of what has been lost for the most part for 2000 years?

It looks like some have trouble understanding what the Bible says about the Investigative Judgement and the Second Coming 

Seventh-day Adventists accept the Bible as their only creed and hold certain fundamental beliefs to be the teaching of the Holy Scriptures. These beliefs, as set forth here, constitute the church’s understanding and expression of the teaching of Scripture. Revision of these statements may be expected at a General Conference Session when the church is led bythe Holy Spirit to a fuller understanding of Bible truth or finds better language in which to express the teachings of God’s Holy Word.

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration. The inspired authors spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to humanity the knowledge necessary for salvation. The Holy Scriptures are the supreme, authoritative, and the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the definitive revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God’s acts inhistory. (Ps. 119:105; Prov. 30:5, 6; Isa. 8:20; John 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21.)

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle that the Lord set up and not humans. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. At His ascension, He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and, began His intercessory ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the holy place of the earthly sanctuary. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the
Second Advent. (Lev. 16; Num. 14:34; Ezek. 4:6; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Heb. 1:3; 2:16, 17; 4:14-16; 8:1‑5; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; Rev. 8:3-5; 11:19; 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:11, 12.)

The second coming of Christ is the blessed hope of the church, the grand climax of the gospel. The Saviour’s coming will be literal, personal, visible, and worldwide. When He returns, the righteous dead will be resurrected, and together with the righteous living will be glorified and taken to heaven, but the unrighteous will die. The almost complete fulfillment of most lines of prophecy, together with the present condition of the world, indicates that Christ’s coming is near. The time of that event has not been revealed, and we are therefore exhorted to be ready at all times. (Matt. 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; John
14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 5:1-6; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; 2:8; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; Titus 2:13; Heb. 9:28; Rev. 1:7;
14:14-20; 19:11-21.)

If you need more information let me know.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service