Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

Great question... considering Gene's argument,  It's something I asked myself when wondering if Rev.1:7 is talking about both second and thrid coming or just one of His comings (second). I didn't find in the Bible were it referred to the coming of Jesus after 1000 years as coming in the clouds. I read John saw the Holy city, new Jerusalem coming down. 

Rev.21: 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I'm not saying it's not there, I just didn't see it yet... Your question seems to come from a position of certainty, that when Jesus comes after the 1000 years He is coming in the clouds.  If so, can you please provide the chapter and verse that would cause you to believe that. Thank you my sister. 

Again, it could be there, if that is the case, then my line of questioning and explaining my belief falls apart, why? Because Rev.1:7 can be interpreted as referring to the second & third coming and not just the second coming. 

my belief is that John in Rev.1:7 sees the second coming,  and in Rev.21:2 sees the third coming after the thousand years. But hey I could be wrong, I'm always open to that possibility, and be more than happy to say I'm wrong and be corrected... But I would need to see proof. You have it? Thank you again.

Blessings! 

Reasoning I think sop states that he coming in the clouds with the saints I would have to check.

Peace

When you say SOP, are you referring to the writings of EGW that is inspired by GOD'S Holy Spirit?

Is this acceptable for you in this discussion? I know Gene is not accepting her writings, because he's not a SDA, and looks to prove what SDA believe as mostly false at every turn, which is fine. Just wanted to know how you felt. Thank you! 

Blessings! 

The exact term “Spirit of Prophesy” is not used in the Bible. Using it to refer to EGW’s writings is exclusively SDA culture.

We know you are a sandwich short of a picknick but even the most simple-minded would realize he is on an Adventist site. Just because you are an happy clapper does not make this a happy clapper site.  

Peace

Wow... You just can't help it can you brother Ian? Yes... Your right, not including the "sandwich short of a picknick" & "happy clapper" remark, your right, this is a SDA website...  and yes, we normally use the term for EGW writings, however the Holy Spirit has moved many people to prophesy brother James. Maybe the exact term is not used in the Bible, but we can agree GOD has given HIS Holy Spirit to Prophecy to many people and still does, hence the term Spirit of Prophecy. 

Blessings! 

Sorry Reasoning I did forget what I promised to you and I will try to better myself. 

Peace

Thank you, I really appreciate that.. Just do me one favor, replace my name with Jesus' name. I'm nobody, but if you promised it to Jesus perhaps that will cause you to remember in the future. One Love! 

TRUE, THAT IS A FACT.  EGW PROHIBITS EATING SPICY FOOD, PLAYING CONTACT SPORTS SUCH AS FOOTBALL (AMERICAN) AND BOXING.  OUR PASTOR TOLD ME SHE EVEN WROTE ABOUT THE VANITY OF TAKING PHOTOS!!  THEN AGAIN SHE DID RECOMMEND THE GEN CONFERENCE NOT BE IN THE CITY AND THAT CHURCH GROUPS BE SMALL IN NUMBER.

ELLEN HAS SOME GOOD ADVISE AND GENERAL WRITINGS BUT THE POINT OF CONTENTION STEMS WITH, IS SHE A PROPHET?  A PROPHET'S MESSAGE IS FLAWLESS BECAUSE THEIR INSPIRATION IS FROM GOD, AND HE IS FLAWLESS.    I'LL STICK WITH THE BIBLE, I CANT GO WRONG THERE.

Reasoning..

Yes I do accept and believe the writings of Ellen White

There is only ONE coming of the Lord (the Second Coming) and NO MORE.

The written scriptures and the holy spirit in prophecy and in tongues with interpretation, (meaning what I have witnessed) over 43 years do not support such an idea as third coming. The spirit confirms the written Word and the written Word confirms the spirit of God (they agree). 

Thanks James,

Some people are confused and these ideas are misleading. The second coming is the most pivotal point in all the universe, it will change everything forever. Like the special resurrection, this concept of a third coming is not a biblical one.   Where are the scriptural texts supporting this? Again, there are none.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service