Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leslie Ann and Reasoning,

Thank you, and let me elaborate. I wasn’t trying to avoid the question, but was caught up doing some other things. In keeping with the scriptures and not my own imagination as some, the bible gives us clear thoughts on this, and I praise God for his vision and plan of salvation for the human family as it is said,

Therefore encourage one another with these words.

The bible tells us this;

1 Thessalonians 4:16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

There is no room for a special resurrection. God’s plan of salvation is resolute and its done with purpose.

The Lord will descend at the second coming, this we agree.   Again, the scriptures say

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge….

This authority will be given at the second coming.

He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations. Revelation 2:26

5…. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection.

There is no room for a special resurrection, that is a human ideal and is not part of plan of salvation, its not on God’s schedule.

The apostle Paul speaks again

1Cor.15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So, we see, the resurrection is an orderly event. Christ was first, then those that are Christ’s at his coming.   Those who pierced him will see him because they are part of this first resurrection.  If not, they will see him at the great white throne judgement.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened….

God’s plan of salvation extends even to this time, but nowhere have we seen a special resurrection because it all made up.

Gene seems to me you have totally ignored a few texts that are also part of the Bible. 

Rev 1:7  Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.  

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Joh 19:37  And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED.

Zec 12:10  "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 

Psa 22:16  For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; 17  I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. 18  They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots. 

Heb 10:29  Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30  For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE." 

Mat 26:64  Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." 

Mar 14:61  But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" 
Mar 14:62  Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." 

I hope you notice Jesus saying "YOU will see". 

No Elijah, I did not ignore a few texts, none of these point to a special resurrection. It is a fact and a truth that Jesus is coming a second time, and when he come as it says

THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED." then they will look on Me whom they pierced.

….and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Nothing will stop this event, and this will change the universe forever!

Your point is on those who pierced him as we find in Psalm 22.

For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; 17  I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. 18  They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.

Jesus foretold this, yet he said, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.  Can Jesus save the wicked?

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them: ‘As I live, saith ... I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; I desire that the wicked turn from his evil ways and live.

Matthew 27:54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

God is not interested in the big payback; the blood of Jesus saves. God is telling us of the power of His salvation

Rev 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 

Amen!

Salvation is for everyone, even they who pierced Him.

OK Gene I can not think of anything else that will show you that there will be a special resurrection for those who pierced him. I know you detest EGW so I will not waste time in showing what she writes about it. So God bless you and your second chance gospel. 

I don’t detest EGW, I have found she often say things that are not consistent with the bible, like a special resurrection. God shares with us the order of the resurrections, none of which point to a special resurrection. If you wish to believe EGW even if she says something that are unproved from the bible, that’s on you. I reserve the right to believe the word of God.

Gene

On so what you are basically saying is that if those who pierced him is to rise in the first resurrection it would be because they repented and is saved?

Peace

Good question sister Leslie Ann, it's a question I was going to ask as well.. If brother Gene believes those who pierced Jesus are resurrected in the first resurrection, then he must believe they repented and accepted Jesus and are saved. 

Also, if he believes those who pierced Jesus are resurrected in the first resurrection OR the second resurrection like he wrote,  how can he believe that those who pierced Jesus comes up in the second resurrection if he believes they are resurrected in the first resurrection? 

Gene wrote: "Those who pierced him will indeed see him sitting on the throne of glory whether it is at the first resurrection or the second great white throne resurrection."

Just to be clear with what you believe brother Gene, do you believe those who pierced Jesus are resurrected in both first & second resurrection?

Or do you believe those who pierced Jesus is resurrected in either the first OR the second resurrection (not both, just one Resurrection) ? 

Blessings! 

Reasoning; your not reasoning? 

No one can be in both resurrections; of the just and unjust. Gene obviously meant regardless of which resurrection a person is in, they will see the Messiah.

Either one is deemed righteous or wicked, and we don't know God's judgment on these matters as far as individual judgments are concerned. Some most wicked like Hitler and Stalin and Aleister Crowley will most likely be in the resurrection of the wicked. But again that is ultimately God's call.

Elijah; I NEVER FAKE.

I NEVER GET SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT

I NEVER GET TAKEN OVER BY SPIRITS

James, I do not believe you as you have been known to tell lies. Your whole appearance here is all about being noticed and lauded. What more evidence is needed? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service