Adventist Online

Re 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am hearing that this text refers to a partial resurrection when Jesus comes. It is alledged that when Jesus comes the wicked who pierced him will rise just to see him coming and then they will die again.

I have looked for information to back up this but to no avail so if anyone know about this and have concrete evidence from both Bible and SOP then feel free to pass it on.

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reasoning, Who pierced Christ?

In the prophecy of the bible we read;

And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

It was Satan who pierced Christ. We human beings just as Adam are often victims of a spiritual intelligent black ops, aimed at destroying God’s plans.  However, I do believe there’s the  wicked who willingly and knowingly operate against Christ.

The word of truth speaks and says Satan is the accuser; he accursed Christ and us.

Zechariah 3:1-2 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you…

Satan is deeply imbedded in our human experience, from the very beginning. And it were these forces that were instrumental in the death and crucifixion  of Jesus.

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Christ spoiled Satan’s plans.  The Aramaic Bible in Plain English reads;

And by putting off his body, he stripped the Principalities and the Powers and shamed them openly in his Essential Self.

This seems be clear and align with the bible and the maintains the character of God.

Behold, he comes with clouds and every eye shall see him, even those who pierced him, and all the families of The Earth shall mourn for him; yes and amen!

even those who pierced him…

There is no special resurrection, those same principalities and power will witness the second coming just as they witness the fall of Adam, and the resurrection of Jesus.

Peace

Gene wrote: "It’s only the word of truth which matters, wouldn’t you agree? The man doesn’t matter. God can lead you to the word of truth by any man or any person, but it’s the word of truth which agrees with God."

Yes, I agree... I believe SDA teachings are sure, I believe in them because it's from the Bible, it's been proven.
But I understand you don't believe in most of the teachings from the SDA Church, which means your really not an SDA.... that's why I said we have to agree to disagree.

You choose to follow the teachings of H.Armstrong, and that's ok, he has many things correct, and many things wrong. I choose to follow the teachings of the SDA Church, which is from the Bible. Also, I believe EGW writings are inspired, and it's clear what she said in regards to this special resurrection.

Blessings!

Reasoning let us examine the quote when will Jesus place honour on his loyal saints? Its after the thousand years read it again and follow what actually happens the second coming and the third.

Peace

Leslie Ann wrote: "Reasoning let us examine the quote when will Jesus place honour on his loyal saints? Its after the thousand years read it again and follow what actually happens the second coming and the third."

My sister, all I know is EGW is describing a certain time, that time is during the seventh last plague of Rev.16... She also referenced Dan.12:2 along with Rev.1:7, and Rev.1:7 has a connection with the second coming of Jesus.

EGW : "The Message for this Time
I have been instructed to trace words of warning for our brethren and sisters who are in danger of losing sight of the special work for this time. The Lord has made us depositaries of sacred truth. We are to arise and shine. In every land we are to herald the second coming of Christ, in the language of the revelator proclaiming: “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him.” Revelation 1:7. – {8T 116.1}

She's talking about the second coming in regards to Rev.1:7, again she connects that with Dan.12:2 and with the seventh and last plague, check it out again

EGW : "The Seventh Plague and the Special Resurrection -
There is a mighty earthquake, “such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great” (Revelation 16:17, 18). The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side.... The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. The seaports that have become like Sodom for wickedness are swallowed up by the angry waters.... Great hailstones, every one “about the weight of a talent,” are doing their work of destruction (verses 19, 21) .... – {LDE 271.1}
Graves are opened, and “many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth ... awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2). All who have died in the faith of the third angel’s message come forth from the tomb glorified to hear God’s covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. “They also which pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ’s dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.—The Great Controversy, 636, 637 (1911). – {LDE 271.2}

Also SOP says this, the title is Judgment at the second Advent,

EGW : At His second coming, conviction will be brought to every heart. Those who have turned from Him to the trivial things of this earth, seeking selfish interests and worldly honor, will in the day of His coming acknowledge their mistake. These are the ones spoken of by the Revelator as “all kindreds of the earth,” who “shall wail because of him.” ... – {Mar 292.5}
“And they also which pierced him.” These words apply not only to the men who pierced Christ when He hung on the cross of Calvary, but to those who by evil-speaking and wrong-doing are piercing Him today. – {Mar 292.6}

SOP says Those who pierced Christ when He hung on the Cross of Calvary will be there during the second coming. How can those who pierced Jesus be there during His second coming?
We know the wicked raise in the resurrection after the 1000 years, so how are those wicked people who pierced Jesus there during His second coming?

Blessings!
Peace

Leslie Ann wrote: "Reasoning let us examine the quote when will Jesus place honour on his loyal saints? Its after the thousand years read it again and follow what actually happens the second coming and the third."

Yes, reexamine the GC my sister, you'll see where I'm quoting from is in the context of the seventh last plague and the second coming, just before the 1000 years. Reading further it's more clear that those wicked who had a part in the death of Jesus will be resurrected to see Him in His glory.

EGW : Those who derided His claim to be the Son of God are speechless now. There is the haughty Herod who jeered at His royal title and bade the mocking soldiers crown Him king. There are the very men who with impious hands placed upon His form the purple robe, upon His sacred brow the thorny crown, and in His unresisting hand the mimic scepter, and bowed before Him in blasphemous mockery. The men who smote and spit upon the Prince of life now turn from His piercing gaze and seek to flee from the overpowering glory of His presence. Those who drove the nails through His hands and feet, the soldier who pierced His side, behold these marks with terror and remorse. – {GC 643.2}

The question now is, are you going the believe the SOP or not?

Blessings!

Reasoning,

Daniel 12:2 doesn't in any way speak of a partial resurrection. it says,

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

T he order of the resurrection has been set by the word of God and not the SOP.  The bible says,

Rev. 20:5... and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

First as in succession of things. 

1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming....

Christ, and then those at Christ's coming, which will be at the first resurrection.

Daniel 12:2 only affirms and share the vision of the other scriptures.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life (at the first resurrection), and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (at the final judgment; the second resurrection)

The question isn’t how will every eye shall see him, but how will they also which pierced him see him?

Obviously, at the first resurrection or the final judgment. The bible tells us, for the rest of the dead (those who are dead at Christ coming, and not part of the first resurrection) lived not again until the 1000 years had ended.

Therefore, you don't get a partial resurrection unless you make it up.

Amen Gene!! I fully agree with you on this...the question is where did we get this partial resurrection theory from?

Peace

Leslie Ann wrote: "Amen Gene!! I fully agree with you on this...the question is where did we get this partial resurrection theory from?"

Sister, the SDA get this special resurrection understanding from SOP, and SOP teaches us what is taught in the Bible.

Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by