Adventist Online

First off, if you are not giving tithe, church manual is very clear that you should not be holding office in an Advenstist church. That said, should the Pastor access members giving records? I was surprised to find that this is a very controversial topic in tithe-giving non-Adventist churches. However, I could find no articles or posts anywhere as to what the Adventist church in general practices. Opinion of some pastors out there is that they should know what and how members are giving because that information helps them gauge the spiritual condition of the flock and who needs closer spiritual guidance. Others vow that they will never seek to know members' giving records. That knowledge has high chances of coloring their vision and influence the way the relate to members. I side with the latter. If the treasurer is trustworthy, and must churches trust their treasurers with the privacy of their financial lives, he or she will let the nominating committee, if a name comes up, if a person is a giver or a non-giver. If some members think that the Pastor knows what they give, that has the potential of tainting their giving, as some may want to impress the Pastor. I checked with one Adventist Pastor on this as to what happens in their conference. He told me that he is not supposed to access members' giving records. The treasurers are instructed to reject requests from Pastor for that access, and if a Pastor asks for the records 2x, the treasurer is to report the matter to the conference. My church has never faced this situation before, but we have a leadership that states that Pastor's access to those records is a "mandate." I am probably in trouble already for raising this matter here, but I would be very interested in what others do in their churches and conferences. I have attached some of the write-ups I found on the internet on this topic.

Views: 140

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where is the authority in the church epistles for tithing by the Gentiles who became followers of The Way? Nowhere? As Paul said the law was fading away, as the tithe was established specifically for the Levites who kept the Temple who had no inheritance in land as other tribes had.

The ignorance of these plain facts even to this very day in Christianity and on this forum is evidence of stupidity, false teaching and tradition and wrong doctrines predominating. The motivation should not be money but the love of God. There is authority for distributing to the necessity for the saints, which is seldom done while tithing is prevalent by greedy lazy “pastors.”

Ephesians 4; “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto-the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.     

Notice it says he gave some ...pastors...etc. There are too many claiming to be pastors and other offices.

The above from Ephesians is God’s desire and goal for the body of Christ. Denominations and doctrines divide the body of Christ, which is mostly confused and in apostasy. Hardly anyone contemplates God’s goals but will bend over backwards to follow a false and misguided doctrine all on the name though not desire of Christ.

James, you know of Constantine, the Roman emperor who was baptized and became a nominal Christian like you. He was the one who made a law that people were to worship on Sunday as you do. And you think you are such a super bible student and do not even know who instituted Sunday. Did you also learn that Constantine Baptized his army they marched into the water as pagans and came out as wet pagans? You do not know anything that matters and blindly follow the Sunworhippers who will get the mark. 

ELIJAH JUDGED:

"James, you know of Constantine, the Roman emperor who was baptized and became a nominal Christian like you."

I am referencing to Biblical principles and scriptures directly written to the Body of Christ, asking pertinent questions and making statements to get people like you to THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND JUDGE, AS HOW YOU JUDGE YOU SHALL BE JUDGED.

Crybaby, You know about the Sabbath and therefore you stand condemned. Anything you say will not justify you. 

Jesus Christ has a different opinion then you have of me. I discuss doctrine and principles from the Bible. You emphasize hate, vile words and attacking individuals, even other SDA. May God teach you how to love with the love of God, which is no respecter of persons or partiality. May God through Jesus Christ heal your heart and soul of hatred, variance and your spirit of contention and bitterness. 

It may require a miracle or God getting your attention in a profound and direct way. Addressing and discussing sound doctrine of the Bible based on research and the holy spirit is godly, but making character assassinations without justification is unprofitable and contrary to God’s Word and will. Did you forget that according to God’s Word there is only one body of Christ which is composed of all followers of Jesus Christ and everyone is joined together spiritually, irregardless of denominationalism. It appears you don’t understand, follow or believe in the above?

These are principles given to Paul directly from Jesus Christ by revelation. You are opposed to these principles which I address and preach, as I have specialized in the divine secrets given to Paul and the riches of the divine secrets among the gentiles which is Christ in you (all believers), the hope of glory.

I sincerely hope you can renew your mind and glorify God through Jesus Christ working in you both to will and do of his good pleasure, motivated by love and not hate. I have many SDA friends who are wonderful people indeed, some who post here. I also have high regard and praise of the Adventist Health System, as well as the Sabbath School, the breaking of bread together and the foot washing ceremony which should be adopted by other Christians. 

My SDA friends and I love each other despite some belief differences, and I respect them and we agree on a multitude of doctrine.perhaps you should think of these things before you harshly attack others.

If you think God's grace is going to cover willful disobedience you are sadly mistaken.

Going by your own statement above;

"If you think God's grace is going to cover willful disobedience you are sadly mistaken."

I Corinthians 14:5 “I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.”

I Corinthians 14:37 "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.”

THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD. Accordingly, you are sadly mistaken.

Your hatred and attitude and hypocrisy is astounding, almost unbelievable.

You have often made fun of God's manifestations of holy spirit that He added (speaking in tongues and its interpretation) to the seven manifestations of holy spirit that were available in the Old Testament times. You do so by calling it "happy clapper" and do so in a derogatory manner with complete ignorance and arrogance. You also speak evil of miracles that God empowered that saved the small mountain community where I live during the 2015 Vallery Fire.

Are you prepared to stand before Jesus Christ himself and explain why you make fun of what Jesus made available and actually said "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17

Are you also prepared to explain to both The Father and Jesus that you think what they empowered is of the Devil? You stated that the Devil started the fire and the Devil stopped it? Your "logic" is certainly lacking and your judgment, well what can one say, that the saving of lives, businesses, houses, trees, animals and the community I live in is of the Devil? That does not follow the attributes of the Devil, who Jesus stated and contrasted the ministry of The Devil and the ministry of Jesus by stating;

John 10:10: "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundan

I have included below my testimony of the events I saw with my own eyes and also of Pastor Norcross and what he received from the Lord which correlated to what I saw later.

I stand by my words and am prepared for what Jesus may say. I do not need to pretend to be in the spirit as you do or babble in mysterious tounges like you do. Jesus knows the truth you do not. 

1Co 10:30  For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?

1Co 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1Co 10:32  Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

1Co 10:33  Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Amen!

Here is my testimony regarding the 2015 Valley Fire. God gets the glory, He empowered the great deliverance and protection that made for the saving of a large portion of Cobb and of an oasis sort of speak around my house as my views are perfect like before the fire, not one burned leaf is seen. Unfortunately, many people in Cobb, Middletown and Hidden Valley were not so fortunate. 

Attachments:

Its like the story of Ananias, and Sapphira. Need to be upfront with God.

WHAT IS LIKE ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRA? AND WHO IS WORTHY OF DEATH LIKE THEM AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?

REMEMBER, HOW YOU JUDGE YOU SHALL BE JUDGED. IS YOUR JUDGEMENT SURE, THAT YOU COULD STAND BEFORE JESUS CHRIST AND NOT BE WRONG, ASHAMED OR JUDGING WITH BIAS, IGNORANCE OR OTHER MOTIVES? SAME QUESTIONS TO YOU ELIJAH, CAN YOU BET YOUR ETERNAL REWARDS ON YOUR JUDGEMENTS?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service