Adventist Online

Only watch if you need to be challenged to change.

Shocking Youth Message - Paul Washer from I'll Be Honest on Vimeo.

Views: 2521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting the EGW reference.

And you believe that if a person does not agree with your conclusions, they are not following sound doctrine.  That is a problem.  Diversity allows for people to be different and to see things differently--without coersion-- or as has been three times in this thread, unwarranted attacks.  God is not in that!

You are welcome to believe what you chose or are convicted....allow others to do the same, as they are led by the Holy Spirit--that is the problem here and the problem with what has been done, in particular to me here.  This young man preached a relevant Word and is not a Seventh-day Adventist.  In the close to 2 years on this board, feedback and messages from non-Seventh-day Adventists are shot down, discredited, and not considered of spiritual value because they are not Seventh-day Adventist.   That is what was stated and all that was stated.  

People have not followed Matthew 18 for their issues and what they pick on people who stand by their convictions BY GOD and the Word of God, as He reveals it to them.

People are SCARED to post here, because they do not want their convictions to be made light of and them treated like they are stupid....I'm just not scared of any of you and I also realize that much of what "traditional conservative Christianity" believes is problematic.  We are expected to accept where you are--faults and all, but people who don't agree with you are "hell-bound" and now (apparently tares).  This "it is our job to convince people of the right way" mindset is insulting and ridiculous.  It is as if some feel that God has only spoken to them.  State what you believe but stop trying to "force" others to do so.  Most of all, remember Your perspectives on spiritual matters are no better than anyone else's--and most have so many errors? Why? Because we are human.  

Some of you are so focused on Jesus' coming but have not done what He has asked....where is the ministry?  How many people can say that their life was changed or they came closer to Christ because of something you did or said?  What is happening in your churches?  How can Jesus come when His sheep aren't being ministered to--not indoctrinated but ministered to?  

Regarding humans delaying Christ's return, People can delay many things with God's permission--they just can't stop it's inevitability--HE IS GOING TO COME.   EGW even states that had people done what God had told them to do with the Gospel, Christ would have returned a long time ago (references and scriptures available upon request). 

Then there are people openly stating that they will defy the rules set in place because "what they believe is right" supercedes the rules.  Really?    

GLAD? I'm either reading too much into it or it went over everyone's head....no I think its the second one. I didn't miss it and I haven't missed it but obviously admin is missing it. Get insulted and stand up for one's faith, now you are the bad guy. We are indeed heading towards a Sunday law. Other things will surely come to pass. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25

The bible is so clear. Yet we let the devil come in and do his business, close our eyes and might as well say the devil isn't real...smh SDA we must continue to stand for what's right. Don't let the enemy discourage you. He will try as long as sin is in the world. Which reminds me, we need to get sin out of our lives.

KaySi stated

GLAD? I'm either reading too much into it or it went over everyone's head....no I think its the second one. I didn't miss it and I haven't missed it but obviously admin is missing it. Get insulted and stand up for one's faith, now you are the bad guy. We are indeed heading towards a Sunday law. Other things will surely come to pass. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25

The bible is so clear. Yet we let the devil come in and do his business, close our eyes and might as well say the devil isn't real...smh SDA we must continue to stand for what's right. Don't let the enemy discourage you. He will try as long as sin is in the world. Which reminds me, we need to get sin out of our lives.

Just so that I am clear, who do you believe and are insinuating are the "tares"?  Who is the devil that is coming in and doing his business?  Simply reading a post like this (which I am reposting in it's entirety) "appears" to imply that a person is attempting to create problems and controversy.  I pray that I am wrong here--especially since this has nothing to do with the content of the video posted.

Sarah...the devil is real. Have you forgotten that?

Yes he is real, but what does this have to do with the video posted and how is it related to what this discussion? 

What is it that the guy calls them...straw something...maybe

I can post countless times when you all have derailed threads with your own issues....stop reaching Sarah. Gabriel...smh

Did I say that?

KaySi said:

"but obviously admin is missing it"

We haven't missed anything.  We believe we must defend truth at all times.  But we also believe that it is not acceptable to treat other sinners in any manner other than a Christ-like one.  Do you not agree?  Do you believe there are times when we should stoop to non-Christ-like behavior to defend "truth"?  What is your basis for that?  We at Adventist Online have given an extensive scriptural and SOP basis for our rules regarding the treatment of others in our Site Rules & Guidelines.  Please read them again.  No one has ever produced a basis to show that all that scripture and SOP that supports our rules is wrong.  So it will continue to be forbidden to treat others in a non-Christ-like manner on Adventist Online.  We pray that you would extend that treatment of others to all aspects of your life.  But it is your free choice to treat others as you wish.  But no one can do that here.

You speak of the wheat and the tares but then completely ignore the scriptural directive to let God Himself separate the wheat from the tares at the harvest.  Are you suggesting you have the ability to separate the wheat and the tares now?  Because we are clearly told not to do this.

You characterize the poor behavior in this thread as "stand(ing) up for one's faith".  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Look at the personal attacks in this thread.  They present no "truth".  They don't affirm "one's faith".  They are personal and emotional posts that belittle the character, belief, and motives of another member personally.  This is completely opposite of affirming one's faith.  It is not Christ-like and does nothing to attract anyone to our beautiful savior.

We have NO PROBLEM with standing up for one's faith.  We think all should do this all the time.  But treating others poorly is never acceptable.

No one at Adventist Online is closing their eyes to falsehood.  We encourage all to rebut everything they see as falsehood and explain their basis for it.  But we CAN and MUST treat others with Christ-like love if we are to be a witness for Him... even those we see as profoundly wrong.  If we cannot do this, the devil has won:  he has some of the sinners believing falsehood and the rest of us acting in a way that shames Christ.

Let none of us dim the reflection of our beautiful Savior, Jesus Christ in our own lives by resorting to behavior that is not Christ-like.  Other sinners are only attracted to Christ reflected in us.  May God help us all to reflect Him perfectly.  God bless!

You still missed it.This site is one sided and admin has continued to prove it time and again such as this thread. I simply quoted Matthew 13:25, I said nothing of separating anyone. I never hinted at having that ability or even wanting to do so. Stop adding to my post. Its nothing wrong with quoting scripture.

That's what people do. Stray from the real issue at hand to bring up their own issues that they have. This site can be sickening at times. 

Hi KaySi,

As the founder of Adventist Online, I take the allegation of "one sided" seriously.  This site is not one sided in any way that I see (unless that 'one side' is for following the rules).  We strive to have an atmosphere of Christ-like sharing of truth.  This site does have rules that all must abide by.  Do you believe those rules are one sided?  Because if they are not, then I maintain that the conduct of all is held up to the same set of rules.  We have multiple people look at the poor behavior and hold it up to the rules - and the rules alone.  We don't decide someone is "right" or "wrong" and then apply the rules to them differently.  We apply the rules to everyone equally to the best of our God lead ability.  Being "right" in anyone's opinion does not allow anyone to get away with breaking the rules.  In fact, it particularly grieves us when we see someone with "the truth" behaving in a way that is not Christ-like.  What a potential witness wasted.

The only thing sickening about this site is when the image of our Savior is diminished by the behavior of His children.  We are here to spread the Gospel and the Good News of Salvation.  When we act sinfully, that message gets lost.

You never answered the question put to you:  "Do you believe there are times when we should stoop to non-Christ-like behavior to defend 'truth'?"

I never mentioned the rules. So for you, Clarke P, like the rest of them please do not add to my post. I've noticed things on this website that continues to be overlooked. It's like the world. When you stand up for what is right, you are targeted. That should be expected. Since questions are being tossed about. Where are you guys when people are being called fools and told they are going to burn in hell because they are simply standing against sin? That's it, when one stands against sin, problems arise. I've stated this before and I will state it again, this site is one sided. That's my opinion. Prove that its not one sided by going after ALL of those who are "breaking the rules" and not just some of us. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service