Adventist Online

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you for sharing this video
Thank you so much Derrick for posting this.

Yes over the last year or so we see Pr Bachelor comparing Revelation with Pope Francis. We see how prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes. We are indeed living in the last days. 

May we all be ready to meet jesus , time is short.

Pope watch is a waste of time. Spiritual Preparation through strengthening our relationship with Christ is a healthy alternative.

Leon

Thanks for your Advice Bacon Eater. What say the Bible?

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Ian did you read those text before you posted them?

Leon Yes I did what seems to be the problem? 

the problem is that you are quoting scripture that supports trusting God rather than making speculative predictions.

Leon I still do not get it The Bible is full Prophecy and advice on what to do in relation to those. Clearly those texts say to me that I need to pray and watch. You said pope watch is of no use did you not?

I quoted some verses from the Bible that tells us to be watchful. There is many more verses like that. Any way your mind must be so anti prophecy that you do not even recognize a text that tell you what to do in relation to Prophecy. I was not speculating on any things that was happening, there is no need you know, the die is cast all we need to do is keep an eye on what is happening as the Bible do advice us.    

Ian

Watch means to attend to your own life, not make wild predictions. The bible is consistent. If Christ told the disciples that it was not for them to know the times or the seasons Acts 1:7, and "behold I come like a theif," obviously we will not know when he will come. We do need to be prepared at all times so we wont be caught unaware.

Leon 

As I said your anti prophecy mindset just blinds you to any thing that got to do with prophecy. That may be why you detest EGW. Yes you are right we will not know indeed, But Jesus also said this:

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

I think Jesus gave us some indications about how we can Know when it is near, perhaps you do not read Matt 24 It could help you to see that Jesus was eager to let us understand how endtimes events will anounce His second coming. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service