Adventist Online

could someone direct me to some good potato recipes? I just bought 20 pounds of potatoes. I don't know how to search the recipe posts. Is there a way to search for the recipes for potatoes, or any other keyword, for that matter, in the recipe posts?

Thanks

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

A Vegetable Medley

1 large white baking potato, quartered & cut in 1/2 " slices
1 large sweet potato, quartered & cut in 1/2" slices
1 large California carrot, cut into 1/4 " slices
1 large beet, diced
1 large stalk of celery, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 large pepper, chopped
Celtic Sea Salt
All-purpose herbs

In a large stainless steel pan, sauté onion, celery, and pepper in a small amount of distilled water with a 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt for approximately five minutes. Add a cup of distilled water, remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer till slightly soft (DO NOT OVERCOOK). Remove from heat. Add all-purpose herbs and some more Bragg's to taste and serve in pan or place in serving dish. This is a very simple meal and vegetables used can be varied.
We often add cauliflower and broccoli toward the end of the cooking time as we don't want them too soft. Adjust serving size to your family. .
Savoury Shepherd’s Pie with Mushroom Gravy
Serves 4-6

Pie Filling
*1 medium onion, chopped
*3 small carrots, chopped
*½ cup spinach, chopped
*1 stalk celery, chopped
*1 large tomato, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup cooked or canned green or brown lentils, mashed
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp soya sauce
Gravy
*1 medium onion, chopped
*6-10 mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp shoyu soya sauce. (Brands such as Kikkoman are available at supermarkets in the Asian or foreign foods sections).
Cayenne pepper to taste
Dried dill to taste
1/3-½ cup flour
11/3 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp miso or yeast extract (eg Marmite), or more to taste
Topping
*3 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
¼ cup soya milk
1 tbsp margarine or olive oil
Salt to taste
Chop all vegetables marked with a *- for pie, gravy and topping - and put in three separate piles.
In a medium pot of water, boil potatoes until tender. Drain, but keep liquid for gravy.
In a medium saucepan, sauté onions, carrots, spinach, celery and tomatoes in the oil. Once carrots are tender, add mashed lentils, basil, salt and soya sauce. Stir and simmer without a lid until liquid cooks off.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or medium bowl, mash potatoes, milk, margarine and salt together. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180C°/350F°/Gas mark 4.
Now make the gravy. In a medium saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onions in oil on medium-high heat until onions are translucent and mushrooms tender.
Add soya sauce, cayenne, basil, dill and pepper and stir together. Remove from heat and slowly stir in flour, mixing together well. It will become pasty and dry.
Slowly start adding stock (add one teaspoon of vegetable bouillon powder to the potato liquid) a little at a time until everything becomes well mixed and there are no lumps (use a food processor/blender or whisk if it does go lumpy!). Leave it to simmer, stirring occasionally. Add more miso/yeast extract if necessary.
Pour vegetable mixture for the shepherd’s pie into a lightly oiled oven dish and then layer the mashed potatoes on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
If serving with another vegetable, such as broccoli or peas, prepare and cook while shepherd’s pie is baking.
Serve with the gravy and your vegetables.
You certainly in the right place to ask this question, The Watchman. 9kg of potatoes does sound quite a lot though. Anyway, it could save you from going in and out of the market for quite sometimes. I believe Cherry did posted a few recipes here, and I do like some of those recipes she posted on here. Nevertheless, I would like to share a recipe, not much though, its really simple and low effort. I took it from one of my favourite cookery presenter Nigella Lawson. She is one of favourite inspiration which keep me going in to my kitchen.

Potato Salad

Ingredients

- 1kg of potatoes (served for 5 to 8 people)
- 1 dessertspoon of ground cumin
- Juice from one lemon
- 8 spring onions (chopped)
- Sea salt to taste

Instructions

- Bake the potatoes at 220 degrees Centigrade / 425 degrees Fahrenheit / gas mark 7 for an hour.
- Then, let it cool. After those potatoes are cooled, scoop out the flesh in a bowl.
- Add in the ground cumin, juice from one lemon, olive oil and sea salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Finally, scatter chopped spring onions and serve it with sunday roast at the main course or as a snack or as a starter.
you could make potato patties

2-3 large potatoes
onion
garlic
spices
egg
1/2 cup flour
boil potatoes mash the till fine, add salt, onions, spices, eggs mix well and then add flour. put frying pan on hot plate with cooking fat and then deep fry. hope you will be blessed with this receipe

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service