Adventist Online

Romans 8V29-30 and Ephesians 1V4,5,11 speaks about predestination. Did God set each person's destiny?

Romans 8V29 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 1V4,5,11 - (V4)According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:(V5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will..... (V11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

Views: 2081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you believe this Mind Bender, then we believe the same thing. But i see you giving credence to what Leslie Ann is saying.

Leslie Ann is saying that some are predestine to be saved while others are predestine to be lost. Do you share that view ?

I think I have made it clear with my words - that ALL were predestined to be saved.

But not all will accept that. While I agree with Leslie on many areas. I don't particularly agree with her in ALL areas. Can you name one person here who you agree with in ALL  areas?

The other thing I have discovered on this forum is that when someone say - So and so believes this - I NEVER believe it. For what I see here is constant misrepresentation of others beliefs.

You are a very deceitful person. I will leave it at that. 

The lack of you backing up what you state is very telling. So coming from you - I can understand your personal accusations towards me.

Oh no. Throughout this whole thing all you did was agree wig everything that Leslie Ann said and now you claim that was not what you meant? If that is not deceitful I don't know what is. You purposely contributed to causing confusion.

I agree with that which I agree with. The record is clear. It is only you who are attempting to cause confusion. Very sad. But I am not the subject of this thread. Please stay with the topic and not me.

Mind Bender,

You have the argumentative posture of a very dear, but sometimes antagonistic fellow named Man Flower Glow. While the style in which you post differs greatly, your attitude is remarkably similar.

You are most certainly not the subject of this topic, but you are agitating its flow. You have claimed that you just like to ask questions and not debate, but sitting on the fence is definitely not your style. You evade questioning and post replies with no personal input.

Anyone and everyone is welcome here, but please humble yourself and just take the rebuke kindly - you are causing confusion with some. Please stop trying to bend minds.

God bless.

It must be him Eddie 

Brothers and sisters... STOP the personal attacks, name calling, hearsay, etc.  That goes against everything Christ stood for and as such is against our Site Rules & Guidelines.  PLEASE... can all read these guidelines again and then take them to heart.  Personalizing issues, naming names of people not even in the discussion, calling names... none of these will be tolerated.

This is a great topic on which many can learn a great deal.  But no one will if all they see are sinners bickering and name-calling.  Please discuss all matters with Christ-like love for you brothers and sisters.

God bless

lol Ezra you just need to read a few pages back-a real Chameleon

Permalink Reply by Mind Bender on Friday

From reviewing this thread - it is clear as a number of people have pointed out -

That to not believe in predestination is to not believe in scriptures nor the Great Controversy.

Permalink Reply by Leslie Ann on Friday

Mind Bender

True very true

Predestination is an important Biblical doctrine. To dismiss it is to dismiss the great story of the Great Controversy. And any good SDA should think twice about doing so.

This is a very good topic....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by