Adventist Online

I am your average blue collar guy that became an SDA a few years ago.  Having grown up in both a Charismatic home and evangelical home I have heard many things about what the future holds all of which I rejected as un-Biblical according to that belief system. Now with a new president I am hearing at least 3 divergent  views by Seventh Day Adventist as to what is going to happen.  I am a little shocked by this because for quite some time when I started my studies, it seemed quite clear when you read Revelations 13 as to what is going to happen with the nation I am currently living in.  You listen to what the Pope is currently saying and what the Catholic church has been saying over the past few years and it seems even more clear.  It is as if most of the SDA church as been asleep and now that there was a shocking election, NOW things are going to happen? They have been happening for many years I just do not think people have been paying attention. Did it take an election before God could act? I find the idea arrogant. I have thought and been taught that we as a church, we need to be ready.

Below is the most balanced view on current events. It is to bad that some do not like Mr. Veith.

Views: 2192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gene, I am learning every day how to better serve.  I live on a farm and have a few animals, just caring for the needs of these simple creatures and their dependence on me has caused me to learn a great deal.  Being married and dealing with a spouse brings more valuable lessons.  I have taken in people who are homeless and this has brought new lessons on how to help damaged people. 

Now what I gather from what you are saying is that there is a difference in how you serve God the Father than from Jesus.  To the best of my knowledge there is a chain of command.  Jesus being the word is who I follow and get direction from along with the Holy Spirit.  I cannot serve God the Father directly but must take orders from the Bible and the Holy Spirit.  By following Jesus I serve God the Father.

Gene replied to Bart, "You would probably call Jesus a leftist, he was a social revolutionary who believed in social justice."

Interestingly, this exact point was introduced by the Society of Jesus. Christ was portrayed as a revolutionary, His image was conflated with that of Che Guevara and the Jesuit missions preached the "social gospel" of Jesus.

Sadly, this foray into such a theology resulted in the murders of a number of priests and nuns due to religious involvement in politics. Alignment of politics and religion is never a good idea.

Bart

I agree with you, but what is the bigger picture you’re talking about? Let me share the larger picture I see developing since the election.

Donald Trump is not qualified to be a President, and his actions are going to push America out of the picture of foreign affairs.

The beast that you saw was, and now is no more, but is about to come up out of the abyss and go to its destruction.

This beast is going to come up because it will fill the void left by the absence of American’s presence.

Speaking of Donald Trump, Eloit Cohen writes in The Atlantic.

…. Precisely because the problem is one of temperament and character, it will not get better. It will get worse, as power intoxicates Trump and those around him.

It will probably end in calamity—substantial domestic protest and violence, a breakdown of international economic relationships, the collapse of major alliances, or perhaps one or more new wars (even with China) on top of the ones we already have. It will not be surprising in the slightest if his term ends not in four or in eight years, but sooner, with impeachment or removal under the 25th Amendment. The sooner Americans get used to these likelihoods, the better.

Here's another headline:

French President says Trump pressure on EU 'unacceptable'

German Chancellor Angela Merkel meanwhile said best way for EU to deal with Trump is to push forward with its own plans.

French President Francois Hollande on Friday criticised 'unacceptable' pressure on the European Union from his US counterpart Donald Trump, who has predicted a break-up of the bloc."It is unacceptable that there should be, through a certain number of statements by the president of the United States, pressure on what Europe should or should not be," Hollande told reporters at an EU summit in Malta. “Who really knows what the US president wants, particularly for the transatlantic alliance, and on the sharing of expenses that he calls a burden," Hollande added.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel meanwhile said the best way for the 28-nation bloc to deal with a US administration that seems ambivalent to Europe is to push forward with its own plans.

"I already said that Europe has its destiny in its own hands," Merkel told reporters as she arrived in Valletta. (Read More)

I believe prophecy is opening to be fulfilled.  One of the greatest powers in the world has come through the Holy Roman Empire.

Charlemagne (c.742-814), also known as Karl and Charles the Great, was a medieval emperor who ruled much of Western Europe from 768 to 814. In 771, Charlemagne became king of the Franks, a Germanic tribe in present-day Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and western Germany. He embarked on a mission to unite all Germanic peoples into one kingdom, and convert his subjects to Christianity. A skilled military strategist, he spent much of his reign engaged in warfare in order to accomplish his goals.

In 800, Pope Leo III (750-816) crowned Charlemagne emperor of the Romans.

Charlemagne served as a source of inspiration for such leaders as Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) and Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), who had visions of ruling a unified Europe.

All of these European leader had one goal in mind; a united Europe, and soon they will have no choice but to, thanks to America.

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

This is a continuation of the first beast of Revelation 13, the religious beast who is also European will also gain it full power.

Look at the relationship between the Roman Empire, The Holy Roman Empire (The Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation), the Roman Catholic Church, and the European Union.

Gene said: 

Look at the relationship between the Roman Empire, The Holy Roman Empire (The Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation), the Roman Catholic Church, and the European Union.

How can the German nation possibly being the "Holy Roman Empire"? As they are not even good at govern them self, it is not credible. In Rev. 17 we see 10 kings not just one. 

From the quote, he is saying the whole European Union, not just Germany. Rght now there are 28 member Nations but that number could change. Many of those countries see the pope as the head of all churches, historically if not currently. It wouldn't take much to have nations binding together in one last effort and coming together with the Pope. The setup for the end is in place. We just seem to be asleep.

Elijah,

Asking the question, was it (the Holy Roman Empire) Roman, the author of “The Rise and Fall of the Holy Roman Empire: From Charlemagne to Napoleon” states;

The emperor of Rome, as he was properly called throughout the Middle Ages rarely resided in Rome.  Usually they resided in Germany where many of the emperors were born…While the Kaiser and Hitler thought that the authority of the once great empire resided in Germanic blood, the facts of history proves otherwise.

Though Germanic, the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation, the author elaborates that the seat of authority was centered in Rome itself.

…As the emperors moved their capitol out of and away from Rome their power and authority shrank proportionally.  In coincidence this is so with the papacy as well for when they resided in Rome they gained more and more authority as the emperor’s diminished but that authority diminished when they moved to Avignon.  Thus while some historians consider the Holy Roman Empire a German Empire it was most decidedly still a Roman one.

Dismissing your obviously cultural prejudices Elijah, history of the Holy Roman Empire is well documented; as the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. So, when Hitler called his reign the Third Reich he was pulling from a long history of Germany rule over Europe.

Looking at what the Holy Roman Empire was as a system, the author states;

…Thus, the Holy Roman Empire as it emerged later in history was a conglomeration of nations under the protection and authority of both the emperor and the pope. (pg. 4)

Our own fore fathers in America spoke of the Holy Roman Empire and the French were in rebellion against it.  Napoleon sought to restore it under his leadership, although it was he who destroyed it.  Yet its absence had left a void that many have endeavored to fill ever since.  Kaiser Wilhelm and Adolph Hitler sought to restore it.  The United Nations sought to replace it.  Theologians predict its revival.  The Holy Roman is the legacy of Europe and it is the reason for everything that is in the modern world; good and evil, just ad unjust, right and wrong. (pg. 3)

The Holy Roman Empire just as the European Union today was an effort by mainly the Germans and the French to bring about European unity for the Roman Empire itself to what the bible reveal that will eventually come about, and in the middle of it all is and will be the papacy.

Donald Trump's agenda of hatred and greed will deliver a gutted out economy causing mega devastation, famine and disease.

ZJ 

As you I am looking at this from afar, Indeed I can not see anything good coming from a Trump Presidency. We have already seen signs of corruption and nepotism, and that is only in the few days he has been there.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service