Adventist Online

Perhaps we could have a section for people to post these long blogs of information. It seems like a sermon and I just usually skip over them. But they are a bother when I come to a "discussion forum" and these blogs are there.

Could we have a section for those who want to list sermons or long continued blogs.

ANd another section for this "Discussion Forum" where people come to discuss their ideas and not their sermons.

That would make it much user friendly for me personally. And find a way to avoid the copy and paste threads.  What about the rest of you?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi MsMS

I could be wrong but it seems that you have been trying to give heed to this counsel regarding peace. This paragraph appears to sum it up quite well.

Jesus Himself never purchased peace by compromise. His heart overflowed with love for the whole human race, but He was never indulgent to their sins. He was too much their friend to remain silent while they were pursuing a course that would ruin their souls,--the souls He had purchased with His own blood. He labored that man should be true to himself, true to his higher and eternal interest. The servants of Christ are called to the same work, and they should beware lest, in seeking to prevent discord, they surrender the truth. They are to "follow after the things which make for peace" (Romans 14:19); but real peace can never be secured by compromising principle. And no man can be true to principle without exciting opposition. A Christianity that is spiritual will be opposed by the children of disobedience. {DA 356.1}

Thank you for allowing my reply

AMEN Don. So well spoken. I appreciate an articulate voice of reason. Maybe there's hope yet.
Sylvia ... Who are you amening? And who are you Shhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuusssssshhhhhh-ing?
AMEN!!! to your Proposal; and shhuusssh for my "yelling!"
Ahhh. Okay. But on this thread when saying AMEN to my proposal ... YELLING IS ALLOWED !!! HA HA HA
Christian Witnessing - We're Merely Called to Share

Christian witnessing is merely sharing our heartfelt faith in Christ - what He's personally done to change our individual lives! We're not called to argue or debate anyone into heaven. We're merely called to share! As in the courtroom, we're called to be a witness for the Gospel, not the lawyer, judge or jury… Leave that up to God!

Christian Witnessing - It's Not About Intellect or Debate Skills

In his letter to the Corinthian Church, Paul addresses the heart of Christian witnessing:

And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)
Dragging this thread back to the topic...

Whilst I agree with a certain amount of N Him's complaint I believe that the solution is already there if people use the various sections of the forum properly.

Each one of us can write a blog. This should be where you post topics that that you are putting forward as (a part of ) your beliefs and that you don't really want to discuss. To me, the dividing line often comes at the end of the opening post of the topic. Has the author asked a genuine question with a desire to be informed and edified or is it rather a statement of position?

I would suggest that the former should be posted in the Discussion Forum and the latter published as a Blog. I realise that some may feel that not enough people will read a blog as opposed to a discussion thread - but that is a different "problem".

Deborah, thank you for your post. I agree that as (hopefully) studying members of the SDA church we should not need to necessarily provide a Bible/SoP quote for every statement that we make - only if challenged as to the veracity of what we put forward.

This forum would be a lot nicer if posters read the rules regularly. Love should be the overriding motive behind all our posts - especially if we regard the other(s) as in error and desire to explain what we think is the correct position. Especially this should be a good place to moot positions that are not necessarily held by the church body at large. However, a stubborn dogmatic approach of the "I'm definitely right and you are definitely in error" when presenting these topics should be avoided. I too get annoyed when posters try to "hijack" each and every thread, no matter what the topic, so that they can espouse their pet theories (even if those theories are correct). There was a member who appears to be inactive right now who did exactly that and reading and/or responding to their posts was quite tiresome as the same quotes were repeated over and over again - along with the oft-associated "I am the only one here who properly understands this so you must all listen to me". It is a kind of spiritual facism, very effective at destroying the spirit of exploration and discovery that we should be sharing.

So... read and abide by the rules; keep discussions in the discussion forums and state your other points in the Blogs section. If you truly what to enlighten others then don't attack them as that will only serve to establish an enemy... and please, stop carrying old wars over into new threads. Read the rules.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service