Adventist Online

It is my belief that many here have never

had the opportunity to study the condition

of the church from its early beginnings.

So I think it would be a good thing to do

a year-by-year assessment of the condition

of the church since 1855. This assessment

should give us a better perspective as to

where we are now. God bless. sky

YEAR BY YEAR ASSESSMENT

From 1855 to 1862

1855: "I have seen an angel standing with scales in his hands weighing the thoughts and interest of the people of God. In one scale were the thoughts and interest tending heavenward; in the other were the thoughts and interest tending to earth. Oh what a solemn thought! The angels of God standing with scales, weighing the thoughts of the professed children of God--those who claim to be dead to the world and alive to God. The scale filled with thoughts of earth, vanity, and pride quickly went down, notwithstanding weight afer weight rolled from the scale. The one with the thoughts and interest tending to Heaven went quickly up as the other went down, and oh, how light it was! Said the angel, 'Can such enter Heaven? No, no, never. Tell them the hope they now possess is vain, and unless they speedily repent, and obtain salvation, they must perish.'" Testimonies, Vol.1, p.124-126, 1855.

1856: "I was shown in vision some things that concern the church. I was pointed back to the years 1843 and 1844. There was a spirit of consecration then that there is not now. What has come over the professed peculiar people of God? I saw conformity to the world, the unwillingness to suffer for the truth's sake... 

1856: "I saw the dreadful fact that God's people were conformed to the world, with no distinction, except in name... I saw that Jesus was wounded and put to an open shame. Said the angel, as with sorrow he saw the professed people of God loving the world, partaking of its spirit, and following its fashions; 'Cut loose! Cut loose! lest He appoint you your portion with hypocrites and unbelievers outside the city. Your profession will only cause you greater anguish, and your punishment will be greater because you knew His will, but did not do it...'

"God will have a people separate and distinct from the world. As soon as any have a desire to imitate the world, just so soon God ceases to acknowledge them as His children. They are the children of the world and of darkness." Testimomines, Vol.1, p.127-137. May 27, 1856.

1857: "The Lord has shown me in vision some things concerning the church in its present lukewarm state, which i will relate to you. The church was presented before me in vision. Said the angel to the church: 'Jesus speaks to thee, 'Be zealous and repent.' This work, I saw, should be taken hold of in earnest. There is something to repent of. Worldly-mindedness, selfishness, and coveteousness have been eating out the spirituality and life of God's people." Testimonies, Vol.1, p.141. 1857.

1859: "The church is in the Laodicean state. The presence of Christ is not in her midst." Notebook Leaflets, p.99.

"The figure of spewing out of His mouth means that he cannot offer up your prayers or your expressions of love to God. He cannot endorse your teaching of His word, or your spiritual work in anywise. He cannot present your religious exercises with the request that grace be given you." Testimonies, Vol.6, p.408.

1862: "The distance is widening between Christ and His people, and lessening between them and the world. The marks of distinction between Christ's professed people and the world have almost disappeared. Like ancient Israel, they follow after the abominations of the nations around them."

"Those who will be heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ to the immortal inheritance, will be peculiar. Yes, so peculiar that God places a mark upon them as His, wholly His. Think ye that God will receive, honor, and acknowledge a people so mixed up with the world that they differ from them only in name?" Testimonies, Vol.1, p.274-87.

to be continued

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1893: "To the people of God the testimonies of the Spirit have come, and yet many have not taken heed to reproofs, warnings, and counsels. (Jeremiah 5:21-25,28-29 quoted) Shall the Lord be compelled to say, 'Pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to Me: for I will not hear thee.'? 'Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain... We are to be judged by the light that has been given us, and we can find no excuse to extenuate our course." Review and Herald, August 1, 1893.

Like someone said earlier, it just seems that our plight was getting worse and worse every year that went by. I am only wanting for us to notice this. Let us be patient. We should be interested in knowing what the Lord said about the next following years.

sky 

There is a great history of difficulty ... MsMS in verifying Sky's "quotes".

I also have searched in the EGW's software and  am unable to find his quotes.

Of course he has stated that he feels he can change the words of a quote if he feels it better reflects what he feels the intended message was.

Of course ... HE is the sole judge of that.

This is why I usually ignore his long quotes. I just don't have the time to verify which are his 'modified' quotes and which ones are legit.

Well about two years later these solemn testimonies were sent:

1895: "What does God say in regard to His people? But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses; they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, restore.' These are prophecies to be fulfilled. I would speak in warning to those who have stood for years resisting light and cherishing the spirit of opposition. How long will you hate and despise the messengers of God's righteousness? God has given them His message. They bear the word of the Lord: There is salvation for you but only through the merits of Jesus Christ. The grace of the Holy Spirit has been offered to you again and again."

1895: "I have no smooth message to bear to those who have been so long as false guideposts, pointing the wrong way. If you reject Christ's delegated messengers you reject Christ." Testimonis to Ministers, p.96-97.

Certainly we can learn precious lessons from the past and

that is the point especially when it says that "these are

prophecies to be fulfilled."

sky

And the same year this other warning was sent:

1895: "I do not find rest in spirit. Scene after scene is presented in symbols before me, and I find no rest until I begin to write out the mattter. At the center of the work matters are being shaped so that every other institution is following in the same course, and the General Conference itself is becoming corrupted with wrong sentiments and principles. In the working of plans, the same principles are manifest that have controlled matters at Battle Creek for quite a length of time." T.M.359.

sky

There is so much written in those pages but I am trying to make it as concise as possible.

1895: "The spirit of domination is extending to the presidents of our conferences... They are following in the track of Romanism... In order to reign and become a power, they employ Satan's methods to justify their own principles. They exalt themselves as men of superior judgment, and they have stood as representatives of God. These are false gods." Testimonies to Ministers, p.362,364.

One year later:

1896: "Who can feel sure that they are safe in respecting the voice of the General Conference Association? If the people in our churches understood the management of the men who walk in the light of the sparks of their own kindling, would they respect their decisions? I answer, no, not for a moment." Special Instruction to the Review and Herald Office and the Work in Battle Creek, p.20, May 26, 1896.

sky

Remember John, we are not making any judgment right now. Just finding

out the most solemn warnings that God sent from year to year. There are

no two ways to look at these statements. They speak for themselves.

Later we will look at the cure and the promises.

sky

1896: "Satan is working that the history of the Jewish nation may be repeated in the experience of those who claim to beleive the truth... Satan knew just how to take these men in his net, and deceive them and destroy them... The very same Satan is at work to undermine the faith of the people of God at this very time." Manuscript 32, 1896; Selected Messages, Vol.2, p.111.

Take a good look at this one, John. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it:

1896: Satan says, "I will have upon the ground, as my agents, men holding false doctrines mingled with just enough truth to deceive souls. I will also have unbelieving ones present, who will express doubts in regard to the Lord's messages of warning to His church. Should the people read and believe these admonitions we could have little hope of overcoming them. If we can keep souls deceived for a time, God's mercy will be withdrawn, and He will give them up to our full control." Spirit of Prophecy, Vol.4, p.337-340. 

wow!

sky

Sky im with you, on this one,

Most entire chritian Cummunity is keeping  watch into Israel, this is a deception,  to mislead christians.  Bible says ther wont be one stone left upon another, so in esence a temple in the eyes of God will not be built. because this was on conditions, that they would rebuild the temple, they did not keep the conditions God asked.

Not sure what this has to do with David Koresh but anyway.  :)

Next.

1897: "Christ shows that without the controlling power of God humanity is a terrible power for evil. Unbelief, the hatred of reproof, will stir up satanic influences." Selected Messages, Vol.3, p.416; Manuscript 40, 1897.

Whend did I ever say that I left the Adventist Church? When John?

Why do you bring this up now? Again this topic has nothing to do

with me or you personally. It is what it is. An assessment of what

the Lord has said over the years as far as waning us is concerned

and later we will look at what He said is the cure.

Please stay with me. There is nothing negative about what is

being done here.

sky

Please quote what I have said that would show that
I am no longer a member of the SDA church. I have

quoted the words of others who have played a

significant role in our history calling for a revival and

a reformation, a call to return to primitive faith and

godliness.

Thank you,

I appreciate you being with me here, your participation.

sky

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by