Adventist Online

According to the bible

Is there anything wrong with sexual touches within a relationship before marriage (but sexual intercourse do not take place)?

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bess, 

If you don't believe that sister White was not a prophet or that her writings hold no authority then this passage may be helpful

1 Corinthians 7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:

It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.

But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

thank you all for your respond 

Hi Bess,

Sexual relations between a Man and Women are what consummate a marriage. From my understanding this is what God considers binding to a couple regardless of whether or not a marriage/wedding ceremony or vows have taken place. Remember God judges by the heart, so if someone is doing those acts and referring to them as sexual then in their heart it would seem they understand where those acts lead to.

You can take that for what it's worth when making your decision.  However, know people will lie and manipulate when it comes to sex.  That's where the marriage vows/ceremony has it's value to us humans.  If someone understands and is willing to accept the risk involved then I'm not here to judge.  But remember it takes two to tango and the partner may not understand or accept the commitment from God's perspective.   In that regards marriage vows/weddings are best for all parties involved. 

If you can't afford or feel it prudent to have a big ceremony most countries have civil servants that officiate and recognize the vows as binding for us humans.

Greetings Rabbittroup, 

Thanks for enlightening me on the question asked.

God bless.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by