Adventist Online

Response to...Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

According to certain atheist 'friends' of mine. "Science flies you to the moon but religion flies you into buildings." This is quite a sad quote when you look at the true history of NASA and the fact that it was actually Nazism that flew us to the moon. Anyone who has done any research can tell you that Von Braun was a Nazi that got off easy because America wanted his V2 rocket technology. That is the sad problem with science. The thing is knowledge has not nor will not ever evolve. Knowledge can only be created through experience. Everyone knows that the Nazi scientists 'experienced' their knowledge by doing tests on human beings to test their limits, etc. You know like freezing people to see how cold you can make someone and still be able to bring them back.

Just remember because knowledge cannot be evolved (it was created by God) the Nazis had to steal their knowledge by creating bizarre experiences like putting people in vacuum chambers to see how long people could survive. Now we know how Von Braun got his knowledge about the vacuum of space. It was stolen from the lives of his concentration camp victims. Von Braun later became a celebrity even making the front page of a then famous magazine. (Time)

Well should we really cry then when religions attack a great satan? Well I guess we should disagree, I guess. So next time you hear about the next great medical breakthrough, please offer up a moment of silence for the Africans or the Indians who had to die in order to release this knowledge. If you want knowledge I guess you will just have to be like King Solomon (of Song of Solomon fame) and pray for wisdom and understanding, Amen.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see how you can say all science is bad. Hopefully that's not what you're saying.

1 Tim. 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace [be] with thee. Amen.

So he's saying it's not really science. It's falsely called science, or it's a false science. Evolution, for instance, is called a science, and falsely so. It's not a science. It's a theory.
Yeah I guess all science isn't bad it is just a few bad apples. But then again so was Nazism and the Papacy.

I think in the Bible verse you gave the word "science" is refering to theological thinking.
Prov. 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Prudence, knowledge, witty inventions. All things justifiable by God, in the Bible. Thus religion gives science the go-ahead. Assuming it's a real science. But if you hear someone going off about how Evolution theory has contributed to all the technology we have today...

Let me tell you something. The theory of Evolution has not contributed anything at all to any modern advancement in any kind of technology or science. It's just a leach along for the ride. If a man wades across a creek, and gets a leach, you wouldn't say that leach helped him across. If anything, it slowed him down.
I don't think we should be quick to believe every conspiracy theory we hear. But I don't think that we should just assume the they're all false. I believe that there is truth to some of the things we hear. I mean, is it so hard to believe that a person who has been corrupted by their greed for money, and their hunger for power, would do ANYTHING, to obtain more money and more power? Study history and you'll find many stories of people who, driven by their greed for money, and their hunger for power, went to great lengths to obtain more wealth and more power. I actually have a video clip about a fox news report that was not allowed to air due to someones greed for money. These people were willing to do whatever it took just for money. It resulted in 2 news reporters losing their jobs. Anyway. I'll just let you watch it. It speaks for itself.

Who in the world believes every conspiracy theory they hear? Don't most people have enough sense to know that some conspiracy theories are true and some are false, and some are only partly true? Anyone who believes the Bible knows that people really do get together and form conspiracies.

2 Sam. 15:12 ...And the conspiracy was strong; for the people increased continually with Absalom.

2 Kings 12:20 And his servants arose, and made a conspiracy, and slew Joash in the house of Millo, which goeth down to Silla.

2 Kings 14:19 Now they made a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem: and he fled to Lachish; but they sent after him to Lachish, and slew him there.

2 Kings 15:15 And the rest of the acts of Shallum, and his conspiracy which he made, behold, they [are] written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel.

2 Kings 15:30 And Hoshea the son of Elah made a conspiracy against Pekah the son of Remaliah, and smote him, and slew him, and reigned in his stead, in the twentieth year of Jotham the son of Uzziah.

Some people act like conspiracies don't actually exist. I can't fathom such ignorance. But I guess denial is a powerful thing.

I'm glad Mordecai wasn't like that. He uncovered the conspiracy against the Jews and he saved his people from being genocided out of existence.
But Mordecai's "conspiracy" was posted on every bulletin board in Persia. Unlike most wacky conspiracies people come up with.
It's sad to know that many people, because of their ignorance, will be fooled by Satan's final deception.
God will send them strong delusions so they may believe a lie.
Mordecai did not form a conspiracy. Haman did. You're trying to say that Haman posted his conspiracy in all the newspapers? He wanted to kill all the Jews without them finding out about it, till it was too late. He didn't publish it. It was secret.

Esther 3:8 And Haman said unto king Ahasuerus, There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of thy kingdom; and their laws [are] diverse from all people; neither keep they the king's laws: therefore it [is] not for the king's profit to suffer them.
3:9 If it please the king, let it be written that they may be destroyed: and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver to the hands of those that have the charge of the business, to bring [it] into the king's treasuries.

Mordecai also prevented the conspiracy to assassinate the king. And it was because of this that he was able to expose the 2nd conspiracy.

Esther 2:21 In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king's gate, two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.
2:22 And the thing was known to Mordecai, who told [it] unto Esther the queen; and Esther certified the king [thereof] in Mordecai's name.
2:23 And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.

I would recommend you just read the whole book of Esther.

And Travis, learn from books. Don't learn from uneducated people who spend all their time watching football and sitcoms. Learn what a word means. The word "conspiracy" simply means "when 2 or more people come up with a plan to pull off a crime".

And the prophets always expose conspiracies. They do not cover them up. God does not justify the wicked.
I know it was Haman who was behind the conspiracy.

Esther 3:12-14 says that the decree was sent to all the people in the kingdom so that they could prepare for the massacre. It was hardly secret. If it was secret, then nobody would have known to kill their Jewish neighbors on the 13th of Adar.

And yes, I understand that Mordecai prevented the conspiracy to kill the king. But neither conspiracy involved Nazi pharmacists or equally crazy things. The first was a straightforward murder attempt. The second was a royal decree.

I have read the whole book of Esther, thanks.

...I know what a conspiracy is... Where did I confuse the term?

Thinking that a certain idea is beyond ridiculous is not "covering up" a conspiracy. It's disbelief. I need proof before I start accusing people.
I don't know anything about the drug testing. But you might want to read that article that was posted.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406942,00.html

But I'm not talking about that. But you did say "But Mordecai's "conspiracy" was posted..."

The thing is I get upset if people call a "conspiracy theory" a "conspiracy". I can't butcher the English language like that. Ellen White calls Satan a "chief of conspiracy", ({GC 670.1}). That doesn't mean he likes to come up with "conspiracy theories".

I guess it may be possible that those decrees in Esther, where published also in the Jewish towns as well. But you would think they would want it to be a surprise. But I don't think they knew Hamon was behind it. They met in secret, and it was King's decree, not Hamon's.

Esther 3:13 And the letters were sent by posts into all the king's provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, [even] upon the thirteenth [day] of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar, and [to take] the spoil of them for a prey.
3:14 The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, that they should be ready against that day.
3:15 The posts went out, being hastened by the king's commandment, and the decree was given in Shushan the palace. And the king and Haman sat down to drink; but the city Shushan was perplexed.

Weird.

He also met in secret with his friends and family and formed a conspiracy:

Esther 5:14 Then said Zeresh his wife and all his friends unto him, Let a gallows be made of fifty cubits high, and to morrow speak thou unto the king that Mordecai may be hanged thereon...

That's a lot of hate.

A similar thing happened in the Holocaust. A similar thing will happen in the future to us:

This argument will appear conclusive; and a decree will finally be issued against those who hallow the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, denouncing them as deserving of the severest punishment and giving the people liberty, after a certain time, to put them to death. {GC 615.2}

When the protection of human laws shall be withdrawn from those who honor the law of God, there will be, in different lands, a simultaneous movement for their destruction. As the time appointed in the decree draws near, the people will conspire to root out the hated sect. It will be determined to strike in one night a decisive blow, which shall utterly silence the voice of dissent and reproof. {GC 635.1}

Do you believe this, Travis?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by