Adventist Online

Whats so important with the sabbath?

Remember.........Ex20:8-11 and God said let me rest Gen 2:1-3 and in Isaiah 66 the restoration of the sabbath in the new world.

God RESTED,BLESSED,SANCTIFIED. The day. So how are we supposed to observe the DAY?.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Day to Remember

Camron Schofield

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:

20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Why is it that this message comes in at the last, right at the very close of earth’s history?

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

In these last days we are told that life will be very fast paced.

Nahum 2:3 The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men [are] in scarlet: the chariots [shall be] with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.

2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

Is this not a clear depiction of the very day in which we live? Are we not living in the day of God’s preparation? Cars in peak hour traffic jostling against one another on the highways zipping to and fro, racing here and racing there. Do they not run like the lightning? Fast paced life – the fast life they call it. Through cars, computers and mobile phones it’s now possible to get more done in a day than ever before. We race here and we race there doing this, doing that like lightning.

We say at the end of the day, where did the day go? We get so busy with life, so caught up with it that once a week a little voice has to whisper in my ear: Remember, the Sabbath day and oh when we work, we work so well. We do such a good job. We stand back and look at what we have accomplished and wow, I did that? I did such a good job. Indeed, are we not told that we ought to rejoice in the works of our hands?

Ecclesiastes 3:22 Wherefore I perceive that [there is] nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that [is] his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Indeed but remember the Sabbath day. In the world in which we live, we forget that we are creations. We think we are something when we are not. We behold what I have done and the thought comes, I have done this. We live in a society where we think we can live our own lives, do as we please. That we are the rulers of our own destinies, indeed do we not have the power of choice?

There are two lies that are foremost in the delusion of Satan today – Sunday sacredness and the immortality of the soul. They are both the one and the same lie. By doing away with the Sabbath, we do away with the fact that we are created and in doing away with the fact that we are created, we cease to be accountable to a creator, to one who predestines my life.

By doing away with these 3 things, by stating that I am not created, therefore I am not accountable to anyone but my own self and therefore am in charge of my own destiny, ye shall be as Gods, was Satan’s words. Has man believed this lie? Indeed. We think that we have a right to live our lives as we please. I forget God, I forget that I am a creation and think that I can create. That I can create my own future, my own destiny, life and I can create my own way.

I can create my own identity through adorning myself with whatever clothing I choose, be it the modest dress of the conscientious reformer or the first class business person or perhaps the hard Yakka tradesman or the housewife or the pauper. I can create my own identity. I can create muscle by eating the right vitamins and minerals. I can create a well-toned body by regular exercise and a careful diet. Then there are those who believe that they can create life itself within their own being by eating only living food that is organically grown fruits and vegetables and nuts, picked only at its ripest stage and prepared in the most simple and heat free manner that and that as long as they partake of this living food, their life will be perpetuated.

I can create. I can create another’s positive affection toward me. By gifts of love, by kind deeds and selfless acts or by flattery or I can create enemies by rude looks and sharp words. I can create within my mind a world of bliss of indulgence, sensuality or perhaps of great enterprises and terrific accomplishments and then commencing with these dreams create them into a reality. I can create my own feelings, be it anger, or intelligence or sentimentalism by choosing to listen to my favorite musical tracks. I can create. I can create whatever I want.

As we consider the week, the work of my own hands, the many results of my labours. The green crops waving in the fields, the sound of a skillfully built and tuned engine, the well-balanced accounts, the luster of the gemstone, the savoury dish or desert that just looks and smells so appetizing. Wow, I am good.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service