Adventist Online

When Sunday worship is finally mandatory how will SDA worship?

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro Ray this is great stuff and enough food for though for all SDa Christians. We must either do or die. The solemn thoughts expressed by the SOP need no explanation as they are clear and very profound.

Lord please help us to be ready when you call and to follow your instructions exactly as you have commanded.

Thanks Bro. Ray.

Love

Sis Redva

When we are required to meet on Sundays for religious services, in itself that is not necessarily wrong, is it? Sunday worship services do not, in themselves, constitute a transgression of God's Law. The transgression comes when a person rejects [or abandons] the Sabbath.

"The time will come when men will not only forbid Sunday work, but they will try to force men to labor on the Sabbath, and to subscribe to Sunday observance or forfeit their freedom and their lives." (Maranatha p.177)

In the old days, men "demanded not only that Sunday be hallowed, but that the Sabbath be profaned". (Great Controversy p65)

So it will be again. When the Sunday laws begin, we should be careful not to react too quickly.

When we [as a people] entered the Southern States to work among the negros, we were counselled,

"On Sunday there is the very best opportunity for those who are missionaries to hold Sunday schools, and come to the people in the simplest manner possible, telling them of the love of Jesus for sinners, and educating them in the Scriptures."  (The Southern Work p.68)

I believe we need to learn the lesson. When we are required by law to hold Sunday services, let's do it! But when Sabbath-keeping becomes illegal... then that is another thing entirely.

Thanks Stewart for the very poignant contribution that you have made.Please be ready when the Lord calls. God bless you my friend.

Sis. Redva

Amen. The song writer agrees in the use of these words, "Under His wings I'm safely abiding." If we cling to Jesus, He will cling clse to us as aq friend who sticks closer than a brother and, if he can walk on water, he can do anything to save you. All power is His Samuel. God bless.

Sis. Redva

WELL NOW   REDVA let me rephrase that answer  I  gave just a weeee  bit.  Im referomg to making a decent living it means I soon  be 61 years young and  I cant take working in the hot Sun I do not have a green thumb at all.. NowIhate layingaround the  house  doing nothing for when  I had surgery in JANUARY I was  not able to work for 7  weeks time and I about  died of    sheer boredom , IT just not in my nature to not be able to work  at something and help provide food clothes  and schooling  for my  boy  and my wife can not do it all  ...

I do not need a 4 bedroom 2 bath or the like  i may have to be weaned from the cell phone though for my wife got me accustomed to having one in which before Imet her I had no ned of one ha!  In al lseriousnes I can live simply I have no  particular  adictions that I have to have . I perfer water to anything else  and  I cant take the snow  either for it makes me want to hybernate and as a young kid I wa s frost bitten a few times and when it gets cold my  fingers turn yellow and white rather quickly

I  not very creatine nor am I handy  making  or repairing things I am kinda fumble fingers at times  .  Well  Now where does tha t leave me  for a carreer then in some outpost out of the city  in la la land ? 

Well Uncle, it leaves you in the arms of your Big Daddy who is your Provider and Sustainer. He will never leave nor forsake you.  Let your faith work. What do you say?

Love

Sis. Redva

Sis  REDVA . .  HE! HE! I GOT LOST   ( meaning this conversation I lost sight of ) so I late in responding  in all seriousness  I have no interest in moving to a place where it is freezing cold and I am sorry for this but I do not want to  even have my bones resting their either , .  Jehovah jirah  will have to provide some place to do outwork where it snows not and is this too hard ?

Do you realize that you are refering to the God who provided AC in the middle of a firery furnace Uncle Murray. The God who fed His servant hot bread carried by a crow. What are you forgetting Uncle. We are not responsible for ourselves, never forget that. anywhere he sends, no questions asked, just move.

Love

Sis. Redva

I would like to tie in some points:

Revelation 13:17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 

As we all know the Sunday Law will be universal:

Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, freeand bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Therefore:

1.  The world will become a controlled economic and political system, or a dictatorship on a global scale. This is the only way that everyone will be forced to accept this universal Sunday law (With the US leading the way as a Dragon). 

2. The current economic system has to crash in order for a new one to emerge. All of the recent headlines show that there is a global economic slow down, not only in the USA, and EUROPE but the BRIC (Brazil and China etc.) nations as well. The problem is that the Debt to income ratio is too high, it does not matter how much money is printed in Europe or the USA this is just putting the big collapse off further down the road.

I believe that we are witnessing the global economy on the verge of collapse. It will be this collapse and perhaps with a combination of some of the following factors that will usher in a new world order (sunday law)

• A war between Israel and Iran could easily escalate into a third world war.
  • The war in the middle east will halt most oil exports to countries around the world, and where there is no oil, there is no electricity. Shops will quickly run out of food and rioting in cities will occur. (Hence pray for God to open the way for you to get out of the cities)
  • A massive terrorist attack
  • A massive or series of natural disasters.

So it is likely that a combination of all the factors above or some will usher in the Sunday Law. In addition, the  American debt is in the trillions, there is no way this will ever be repaid. So we can see that financial ruin for the USA is on the horizon!!! Ellen G. White says the following:

When our nation, in its legislative councils, shall enact laws to bind the consciences of men in regard to their religious privileges, enforcing Sunday observance, and bringing oppressive power to bear against those who keep the seventh-day Sabbath, the law of God will, to all intents and purposes, be made void in our land, and national apostasy will be followed by national ruin.--7BC 977 (1888)

If we can clearly see that national ruin is near, that must mean that the national apostasy is not very far away!!! That comes before the complete national ruin.

The presentation below is  by an economist/hedge fund manager who has outlined the possible global economic collapse in 6 months to one year with the epicentre starting in Europe and triggering a dominoes effect to all other countries.

Now from Ellen White again:

"Money will soon de­preciate in value very suddenly when the reality of eternal scenes opens to the senses of man," says Ellen G. White in Evangel­ism, page 63.

Ezekiel 7:19
They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity

Luke 21:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

My final point I wish for everyone to ponder is that God always warns people before his judgement takes place. The perfect example being the three angels message. When an event happens the first time and it does not fully mature , it is a warning from God that the second time round it will go alllll the way to completion.

For example:

Jesus told his disciples that when you see the Romans surrond the city, they would retreat and that will be your opportunity to escape. However, when the Romans came back the second time they destroyed the city of Jerusalem. This is also parallel to the Sunday Law during Ellen G. White times, when they tried to pass a Sunday law in the 18th Century, this was not successful as mr. Jones defended freedom of religion. Therefore, the next time you hear about a Sunday Law you can be sure that it will go all the way to being enacted or the sunday blue laws in America being enforced.

The main point that I want to bring out from this analogy is that In 2008 and 2009 the world experienced a massive global recession and it appeared to go away  (because of money printing). NOW WE CAN SEE another global economic crisis under way. This time every country is affected. Therefore, this is it people, unless God intervenes these economic problems are going to lead right up to Jesus coming.

How to Prepare for Tribulation

So back to the Sunday Law issue, I believe the only way we will be ready for this great test is if we are fully surrendered to God and emptied completely of self. We have to abide in the holy bible, and have it in our heart. We must overcome every sin, and not have one blot within us. The holy spirit will help us to be ready and prepare us for this great event. We need to be like Daniel, a man of pray. We should be praying three or more times a day, we should be studying morning and evening. It is true that we all go to church on Sabbath and we read the bible and SOP now and again, but I honestly believe Jesus is inviting us to come up a bit higher. It is time to experience a higher and holier communion with Jesus,  and like ENOCH we can walk right into heaven (or be translated).

I am happy in a sense when I see the troubles in our present day, because it means that Jesus is really coming in our generation. Think about it!! there is only one major bible prophecy left to be fulfilled and that is the SUNDAY LAW!!!!

Finally from the pen of inspiration:

We are living in the time of the end. The fast-fulfilling signs of the times declare that the coming of Christ is near at hand. The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth. Plagues and judgments are already falling upon the despisers of the grace of God. The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude.

The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.—Testimonies for the Church, vol. 9, p. 11.

I just posted a thread about the sunday law belief so this thread at least tells me some adventists are still thinking!  A few points I would like to make. 

1) Ellen White advised us to move out of the cities a hundred years ago...do you really think cities have gotten better since then?  Why did you establish yourself in a city in the first place (and yes, I have lived in a couple for a few years)?  How far could you commute to work if your work was in a city?  And how far is far enough from a city?

2) Why did God give us so much warning in the past if He didn't expect us to do something?  While it is wrong to prepare physically for the great time of trouble, what about storing up supplies for the little time of trouble?  To help during disasters leading up to Sunday laws.

3) God can make cameras and heat sensors not work.  Some will be martyrs, some imprisioned.  We have to stand firm and worship God

Jay Jay this could not have been more precise and coherent. Thanks much. I will share these pointers with others ans ask the Spirit to impress them on my heart.

Love

Sis. Redva

You mean how. But we still have to kneel down and close our eyes and communicate through our prayers. But I sincerely believe that we will do the same worship on Sabbath Day and not at church, but in our own home or in places kept secret. Still we need not to work. It will be a real personal decision to make. We need to seek His blessings and walk in the shoes of our Saviour, that is why we need to be obedient and faithful today itself.In times of trials we will cling to Him only. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service