Adventist Online

What's Trending
Former SDA “Pastor” Alicia Johnston begins New Ministry, makes War on SDA Church, takes her LGBT Activism to NBC & World Stage
May 4, 2017
|
Andrew & Hilari Henriques

“The world is watching Seventh-day Adventists because it knows something of their profession of faith and of their high standard, and when it sees those who do not live up to their profession, it points at them with scorn.”[1] In recent months, Seventh-day Adventists have been brought into national and even international spotlight, sometimes for good reasons and other times for reasons that bring reproach upon God’s name, his cause and the Seventh-day Adventist Movement. Most recently, Seventh-day Adventists have received national attention for something that is an embarrassment to the cause of Christ and the belief system that Seventh-day Adventists historically hold to, which can and will be used by Satan to cause individuals to look with disdain upon the biblical messages that are borne by faithful Seventh-day Adventists who hold solely to the law and the testimony (Isaiah 8:20).

In the ongoing fiasco surrounding Alicia Johnston, a formerly employed Seventh-day Adventist “pastor,” who came out as bi-sexual and then resigned, NBC News has picked up her story, giving her a wider platform to disseminate her faulty, soul-destroying theology that one can identify as a member of the LGBTQ community and not be in violation of the laws of God. The NBC article, under the headline “Adventist Pastor Resigns after coming out as Bi-sexual” reads: “Still, Johnston said the response to her video and her resignation from her church has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive. ‘Many people have told me that they realize watching the video that I am truly joyful now, and there was always something missing before,’ she said. ‘They can see what an important shift this is for me, and they have chosen to be supportive of me and my new ministry instead of angry at the difficulty it has caused them. I am amazed by their love and grace.’"[2]

This must be Alicia Johnston’s first step in what she calls her new “ministry,” namely bringing national attention to herself to garner sympathy for her story and those that can identify with it and to have a wider platform for her to teach the perverted gospel that LGBTQ individuals should not strive to overcome their lifestyle, because it is not possible for them to overcome their proclivities to and activities of homosexuality. It is apparent that is her objective to apply enough pressure to the Seventh-day Adventist denomination to force them to accept the LGBTQ agenda. Make no mistake, Ms. Johnston is carrying forward ministry, but not the ministry of Christ; she is an evangelist for the anti-Christ. Consider the message being conveyed to the countless individuals that will come across her story through NBC News and other media outlets, who otherwise would never have encountered her video (to which all provide a link to Alicia Johnston’s original video), especially for those who have known Seventh-day Adventists to be highly conservative students of the Bible, and even for those whose first exposure to Seventh-day Adventism will be these news reports. This story will cause individuals to ask pertinent questions of the Seventh-day Adventist leadership, which will demand answers. Such questions as “Does the SDA leadership despise LGBT individuals?” “Why was Alicia Johnston ‘forced’ to resign?” “Would this not constitute discrimination, especially since the SDA church is a 501(c)(3) organization?” These questions from LGBTQ activists from the world, will add to the growing pressure already being applied by LGBT sympathizers within the denomination, for SDA leadership to accept their agenda. Alicia Johnston has indeed begun her new ministry.

Another inquiry that will likely be raised regarding discrimination would be, “Did Alicia Johnston resign because she was being discriminated against as a woman?” And of course the follow-up question would be, “What is the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s position on the ordination of women as pastors?” It must be reiterated, Alicia Johnston has embarked upon her new ministry, and knows that if she is going to be successful, she must enlist the aid of LGBTQ activists from the world, along with women’s rights activists to push forward the agenda by applying this outside pressure. To further fulfill this mission, Alicia Johnston accepted an interview with NBC regarding her "coming out" as a bisexual SDA Pastor. Ms. Johnston knew that this video would go viral and would put a spotlight and makes war on the SDA Church, its leaders and its biblical stance on the LGBTQ issue. This outside pressure might be an excuse used by some of the Seventh-day Adventist leaders to accept the agenda of the LGBTQ and Women's Ordination movement.

Aside from NBC picking up her story, some gay websites such as Gaystar news and LGBTQ Nation, are also praising Ms. Johnston and running her story, along with other “Christian” websites, like The Christian Post, Religion News, and Renewed Heart Ministries among others, just “Google it.” Alicia Johnston is very aggressive in her evangelistic campaign and has found friends and allies in high places, who carry a lot of influence in the world. It is yet to be determined, how the SDA corporate leadership will respond. Every dedicated Seventh-day Adventist should continually supplicate the throne of God for discernment and spiritual strength in order to withstand the LGBT movement within the SDA Church and to endure the fast approaching spiritual crisis.

“Now is the time for God's people to show themselves true to principle. When the religion of Christ is most held in contempt, when His law is most despised, then should our zeal be the warmest and our courage and firmness the most unflinching. To stand in defense of truth and righteousness when the majority forsake us, to fight the battles of the Lord when champions are few--this will be our test. At this time we must gather warmth from the coldness of others, courage from their cowardice, and loyalty from their treason. The nation will be on the side of the great rebel leader.” [3]

Watch
SDA Pastor Alicia Johnston comes out as Bi-sexual;Not the first,won’t be last.W.O. & LGBT connection

[1] White, Ellen. Testimonies for the Church, Volume 9, (1909), page 23

[2] http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/adventist-pastor-resigns-aft...

[3] White, Ellen. Testimonies for the Church, Volume 5, (1909), page 135

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Give us one text that approves WO Please. 

Amelia It is not a sin to ordain Women If there is not a man to take up the position. It is clear that God's flock should not be without a leader. I guess that is why the Bible does not openly forbid women to be ordained. On the other hand we see most of the time there would be a man to take up the calling do we not?

Balaam and the WO

Women’s ordination vote that was held Wednesday, July 8, 2015. There was a lot of anticipation leading up to this vote as to whether or not women should be ordained as pastors and elders in the gospel ministry presiding over churches and conferences within the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination.

The issue surrounding women’s ordination in the Seventh-day Adventist Church can in many ways be applied to the account of Balaam. This indicates that as a denomination, the Seventh-day Adventist Church has reached the anti-typical banks of the Jordan and is at the very borders of the heavenly Canaan.

Divisions of the church having the authority to ordain women if they are now rejoicing at the outcome of the vote, believing that somehow the denomination was saved from apostatizing. However, the apostasy had occurred even before the ballots were cast.

General Conference Session of 2015, the issue of women’s ordination was brought to a vote two times before, in 1990 and 1995; and was voted down both times. What is significant about this particular issue, is not the outcome of the vote, but rather the fact that an unscriptural practice even reached the level to be voted upon at the General Conference Session, now for the third time. Regardless of the outcome, the leaders had already sinned by allowing this unbiblical item to be brought to a vote at the General Conference Session, now for a third time.

In Matthew 5:21, 22, 27, and 28 the Bible is clear that sin begins in the mind even before the act is manifested physically or carried out.

The history of Balaam’s continual disregard for God’s word, pursuing his own agenda, which would surely lead to God’s people being cursed, strikingly parallels with the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church bringing the unbiblical practice of ordaining women, not once, not twice, but thrice before the General Conference Sessions to be voted upon. The point I am making is not that the leaders are directly cursing the people, but by the thought of pushing women’s ordination forward to be accepted by the people, would bring the curse of God to the recipients.

Let’s analyze this account a little closer. When pagan king Balak asked Balaam to curse God’s people, Balaam should have emphatically said “no” and entertained no further dialogue with the enemies of God’s people. Yet Balaam responded by stating that he would go and seek God to discover His will concerning the matter, even though Balaam, once a prophet of God, knew that pronouncing a curse upon God’s people was a sin; we can find that in Numbers 22:6-8. Of course God did not permit Balaam to move forward in his pursuit according to Numbers 22:12. And based on verse 19, when Balak sent men again to Balaam, offering even more rewards and inducements, Balaam again stated that he would inquire of God a second time, even though he knew what God’s will was. Due to Balaam’s sinful persistence in the matter, God allowed Balaam to have his own way. And according to Numbers 22:20-22, God’s curse ever after rested upon him.

Balaam’s commission of the sin did not only occur when he went to curse the Israelites; his sin was committed when he cherished the desire in his mind to go against God’s will, and presumptuously sought the Lord, as if the Lord would somehow change His mind.

We read from Patriarchs and Prophets to emphasize and bring out a few more points here: “In the night season the Lord appeared to Balaam and said, ‘If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do.’ Thus far the Lord would permit Balaam to follow his own will, because he was determined upon it. He did not seek to do the will of God, but chose his own course, and then endeavored to secure the sanction of the Lord. There are thousands at the present day who are pursuing a similar course. They would have no difficulty in understanding their duty if it were in harmony with their inclinations. It is plainly set before them in the Bible or is clearly indicated by circumstances and reason.

But because these evidences are contrary to their desires and inclinations they frequently set them aside and presume to go to God to learn their duty. With great apparent conscientiousness they pray long and earnestly for light. But God will not be trifled with. He often permits such persons to follow their own desires and to suffer the result. ‘My people would not hearken to My voice. . . . So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels.’ Psalm 81:11, 12. When one clearly sees a duty, let him not presume to go to God with the prayer that he may be excused from performing it. He should rather, with a humble, submissive spirit, ask for divine strength and wisdom to meet its claims.”

We see now three times the issue of women’s ordination has been brought to the floor for a vote. It is interesting that God sought to prevent Balaam from carrying out his sinful agenda three times. According to Numbers 22:32, Balaam smote his ass three times while on his way to carry out his sinful desires. I believe that the female ass represents the church body, while Balaam represents not only the proponents and leaders of the women’s ordination movement, but also those who allowed this unbiblical issue to be brought to a vote.

The leaders simply should have said “no” when that item was proposed; but instead, they allowed it and were willing to go along if the vote would have turned out in favor of women’s ordination. What I am saying is that if a leader knows the truth, he should take a stand and not compromise though the heavens fall; and by him standing, the sincere people would also stand with him. Even I would stand with and support such a firm and spiritual leader.

Balaam was covetous for position, promotion, and wealth; he was therefore willing to blatantly disregard God’s revealed will to attain these rewards; and many today who are willing to set aside God’s Biblical order and principles are doing the same thing in order to attain numerical church growth, which would increase the tithe and offering, popularity, and also to be in harmony with other denominations.

Jan Paulsen, former General Conference President.”
“…certainly if He wishes to gift a woman in this day and time; when that gift is accepted, in places where it is accepted, it should be recognized.” “For me the whole ordination question boils down to one simple question, ‘does this person have the gift?’ If so, who are we not to recognize it.’

The three failures of women’s ordination directly parallel with Balaam’s three failures, and this shows that we have arrived at the anti-typical banks of the Jordan about to cross over into the heavenly Canaan. And the same apostasy that occurred right on the banks of the Jordan, we can find today among God’s professed people. [Numbers 24:10 and 11]. Now in Numbers 25, even after his three failures, Balaam found another way to carry out his sinful agenda. He brought in the heathen, Midianitish women to unite with God’s people, which brought God’s curse upon thousands of the Israelites who died on the banks of the Jordan and did not enter Canaan. Likewise, I believe the NAD and other divisions supporting women’s ordination will find another way to carry out their sinful agenda. Balaam’s fate was even worse for having led God’s people into the transgression. Balaam, once a true prophet of God, died with the enemies of God, and his obituary states that he died as a soothsayer, a spiritualist, one who promotes lies [Numbers 31:6-8; Joshua 13:22; and Micah 5:12

The Great Controversy, page 45 says: “To secure peace and unity they were ready to make any concession consistent with fidelity to God; but they felt that even peace would be too dearly purchased at the sacrifice of principle. If unity could be secured only by the compromise of truth and righteousness, then let there be difference, and even war. Well would it be for the church and the world if the principles that actuated those steadfast souls were revived in the hearts of God’s professed people.” I share the sentiments of the apostle Paul “Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.” Romans 10:1. 

The only salvageable of your long "copy and paste" is this: ‘does this person have the gift?’ If so, who are we not to recognize it.’

Be careful of those "independent ministry" whose use their time for defame and to accuse to the Adventist Church of apostasy, they call "lesbian" to the consecrated women to preach the Word. It is very sad. It is not fair for those faithful women to God and His Word.

Thanks for your comment Amelia. I guess you do not like independent ministries. 3 times God has said no to WO. Do you think God is hard of hearing Maybe God is getting senile and we need to repeat our question many times?

I know when God wants to emphasise something He do repeat it 3 times, but as I understand it God does not like persistent jogging of his Spiritual elbow.

“The voice from Battle Creek, which has been regarded as authority in counseling how the work should be done, is no longer the voice of God.” Letter 4, 1896, cited in Manuscript Releases 17:185, 186 (1896).

“It has been some years since I have considered the General Conference as the voice of God.” Letter 77, 1898,

Shannon I am not sure what you mean by that? Is it that God is not with the leadership of the church? Is it that the GC Session every 5 years is just a talk fest and is not under the leadership of God anymore? 

EG White said the SDA C will stand to the end:

"The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out—the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place. None but those who have been overcoming by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony will be found with the loyal and true, without spot or stain of sin, without guile in their mouths. We must be divested of our self-righteousness and arrayed in the righteousness of Christ". – {2SM 380.2}

"I" am just posting quotes.  What did Ellen White mean when she wrote that?  That is the question.

I am no expert on the Writings of E G White But I seem to remember there was a period of time when there was some problems between EGW and the GC on some issues, as for example the concentration of the SDA Offices in Battle Creek. The Issue of printing of secular publications at the conference's printing press at Battle Creek. 

Maybe some history buff out there knows more about this issues? 

The SDA is not the "church," the body of Christ, all,believers are the true church.jesus Christ is the head. Paul talked about this, Colossians 2:19 " And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God."

This truth is neglected by most. People concentrate on the various churches, organizations, their own or someone else's. No corporation goes to heaven or hell, though organizations and corporations may assist people in going either way. To be a believer you have to be flesh and blood, a living soul, though these bodies do not inherit the Kingdom of God, and neither do man-made corporations and organizations.

Spiritually there is no difference between men and women as far as the gift of Holy Spirit is concerned. Paul said there is neither male nor female, bond or free...
As far as leadership of the church, the top of all denominations and most non-denominationals have been fully infiltrated as well as much of the middle and bottom leadership.

Albert Einstein wisely stated, “Condemnation without investigation is The height of ignorance." Quoted from "Converging Wisdom by Eckhart Tolle and David Icke.

You know James you are right in that it is the Body of Christ, Indeed Christ admonished us to keep his commandments all ten including the Sabbath. Those who do not keep the Sabbath when they have heard about it are no longer part of Christ. Seeing they defy Christ in breaking His Commandment. Happy Clapper truth is not truth, It is a device of the devil to lead people to hell with the Bible in their hands. Do you think you can get in to the Kingdom of God following your own commandments? 

Jer 11:3 And say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Cursed be the man that obeyeth not the words of this covenant, 4 Which I commanded your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, Obey my voice, and do them, according to all which I command you: so shall ye be my people, and I will be your God:

Because as we see in this prophecy:

Isa 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

That's the Old covenant, you have not read enough of Paul, and there you go again Mr. Judgment. Old Covenant written to the Jews. Perhaps you should have ascended up into heaven because you are so all knowing and wise?

OK James seeing you know all things what are the requirements for being saved, as you see it as a pentecostal?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service