Adventist Online

Why is SDA church condemning eating meat?

Views: 2965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear friend,

The prophet had some pretty strong words to address to the parents of unruly children of her days. I wonder what she would say today about kids brought up on Macdonalds, Wendy`s or KFC. Add to this ice cream made with ethylene glycol which we used in chemistry as a thickener to make glue or dry wall. But of course SDA are mainly vegans or at least vegetarians so they do not partake of that worldly food --- maybe just a little Pizza Hut!

Would she say something like this maybe:

"You should be temperate in all things. You must study it in what you eat and what you drink. And yet, you say: 'It is nobody's business what I eat, or what I drink, or what I place upon my table.' It is somebody's business, unless you take your children and shut them up, or go into the wilderness where you will not be a burden upon others, and where your unruly, vicious children will not corrupt the society in which they mingle." Counsel on Diet and Foods, page 245-246, emphasis added.

In the same book, she says: "Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat eating will eventually be done away; flesh will cease to form part of their diet. We should keep this end in view and endeavor to work steadily toward it." CDF, 380, 381, emphasis added. (CDF was written in the late 1800 era).

Christ did eat meat and served meat. 2000 years ago, the fishes did not turn out to be full of mercury (Hg) or full of antibiotics. Now they are probably full of benzene or sulfide from petroleum.

How long will we argue about meat eating? Are we not the people who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, the prophet talks about in CDF 380-381.

When I first came to this Church in 1982, I was taught Leviticus 11, the clean and unclean meat, but mostly, I took cooking classes and became a vegan. Since joining the SDA church in 1984, I have opened 3 vegan restaurants and most of my clients were from the world. All Vegan Clients or Jews and Muslims looking for no-meat food.

Now living in Alberta, Canada for 10 years, I literally have SDA asking me why I do not eat meat and why I open vegan restaurants where ever I go? What is wrong with clean meat? First of all, most SDA eating meat, still eat the fat and blood from which cancer comes from. For there is life in the blood -- but what can of life do you get from sick "clean" meat?

Thank the Heavenly Father for His patience towards His people who claim waiting for the coming of Christ. Even in leadership we see people craving for cheese made with rennet from pork and butter and milk full of antibiotics.

May we endeavor to reform before this generation dies in the wilderness as well. The next generation is just as stubborn and rebellious. So let it start with us to educate, educate. And let us stop the precious excuse and argument that Sister White served milk and cream on her table and Christ ate fish.

We are in 2010 and pollution is at rate such that benzene and sulfide gases were at a higher permissible level in Atlanta, Georgia during the GC where 70000 people attended the session, of which I was part of. All this because some BP owners hit a high level oil field and wanted to push the production to the maximum and blew the valves. Fine generation we are living in. Do not think that oil splill is over. Check Nicaragua where they have had opened fire since 2008 in an oil field operated by the same British Petroleum company. But that is Africa, it is far away some say, it cannot affect our air level.

Man has become so blind as to believe that a spill in the Atlantic ocean cannot affect the Pacific, Indian or other water map of the world. They cannot see benzene floating in the air, therefore it cannot be true! It is a gas so you will not see it!

And we are the most supposingly advanced technological generation that has lived on this planet. The anti-deluvians were! We are the left over of that group! If it were not for Noah and his sons, we would not have come thus far. Have mercy, we may be more advanced technologically, which remains to be proven, but do not seem to use our brains any better.

Hope the SDA wake up and start standing for the truth though the heaven falls. And stop using the same foolish arguments the scientists served us before the flood: it will never happen! There is lots of air and water! Or in reverse, the Christians say: God will save us! What for, to reproduce the same stupidity!

We have the Bible, we have Moses, we have the SOP. Let us start reading, believing and practicing the counsels. Start with changing diets! It helps! And stop watching the garbage on TV or Internet, that feed
only the passions, desires and appetites. Got rid of my TV in 1985 and have been to 40 countries around the world as a missionary. So I know the news and seen pollution and dirt and death right in the face. This world is getting old!

But the blessed hope is: He is still in the Most Holy Place since the plagues have not started yet! But the trumpets may have very well started! But that is another study! "Water turning into blood from petroleum"

With His Love,

odette
It is as truly a sin to violate the laws of our being as it is to break the ten commandments. To do either is to break God's laws. Those who transgress the law of God in their physical organism, will be inclined to violate the law of God spoken from Sinai. {CTBH 53.1}
Our Saviour warned his disciples that just prior to his second coming a state of things would exist very similar to that which preceded the flood. Eating and drinking would be carried to excess, and the world would be given up to pleasure. This state of things does exist at the present time. The world is largely given up to the indulgence of appetite; and the disposition to follow worldly customs will bring us into bondage to perverted habits, -- habits that will make us more and more like the doomed inhabitants of Sodom. I have wondered that the inhabitants of the earth were not destroyed, like the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. I see reason enough for the present state of degeneracy and mortality in the world. Blind passion controls reason, and every high consideration is, with many, sacrificed to lust. {CTBH 53.2}
To keep the body in a healthy condition, in order that all parts of the living machinery may act harmoniously, should be a study of our life. The children of God cannot glorify him with sickly bodies or dwarfed minds. Those who indulge in any species of intemperance, either in eating or drinking, waste their physical energies and weaken moral power. {CTBH 53.3}
The apostle Peter understood the relation between the mind and the body, and raised his voice in warning to his brethren: "Dearly beloved, I beseech you, as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against
the soul." [1 PETER 2:11.] Many regard this text as a warning against licentiousness only; but it has a broader meaning. It forbids every injurious gratification of appetite or passion. Every perverted appetite becomes a warring lust. Appetite was given us for a good purpose, not to become the minister of death by being perverted, and thus degenerating into "lusts which war against the soul."
Peter's admonition is a most direct and forcible warning against the use of all stimulants and narcotics. These indulgences may well be classed among the lusts that exert a pernicious influence upon moral character. {CTBH 53.4}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service