Adventist Online

I want to start of by telling everyone Happy Sabbath, I know I am late but I hope everyone had a wonderful Sabbath. This Sabbath I decided to visit another Sabbath keeping church called Hebrew Pentecostal (House of God), I had a very great time there service was lovely, it started at 3pm and ended a little past 7. But while there I was wondering do Sabbath keeping churches every interact with each other, like for instance has SDAs ever interacted with 7th day COG or HOG? The same way in which 1st day denominations interact with each other. I feel this would be an interesting experience, what do you all think? Or has any of your churches interacted with other Sabbath keeping churches?

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the link. After briefly scanning it ... I can see that there definately IS a bias. I don't believe they are portraying Adventists or Ellen White in a proper perspective. Hey ... I'm open. I will be honest with you. They are not balanced at all. They have purposefully slanted her in one way. I know ... you can prove almost anything with her writings if you take them out of context. And I am one that does not believe each and every word of her's. But they have slanted her in a way that NO Seventh day Adventist believes. Now that is a bold statement. But, it is true. I would not place a lot of merit in what they say.

However ... I will continue to search that site and see if they have some valid points. Just don't believe everything you read there.

Perhaps if we could narrow down the discussion to just a few of the things they say. Do you have any particular ones you would like to discuss?
Yes when I was reading some of the things on the site and comparing it to my personal experiences with the SDA churches I have visited and the people I have met there I didn't really see everything the site talked about. But as far as the things the site said like about the 1856 Vision, Shut Door Policy, and Holidays (like Easter and Christmas).
i grew up attending church occassionaly mostly methodist churches , boring, when i was in high school some penticostals came to the house nd my father started taking us their , they soke in ,quote , tongues ,, preacher always telling u you going to hell,
fear tactics can scareu but they can not change a person . I dunno why but something did not seem correct . .I honestly believed christ was the savior alright but it made no difference in how I acted. even in evangelistic crusades their neve rwas any real convistion of sin for u never really learned what truth is o r is not! .
lets click a head 10 year s i had dropped out of all religion . I cared not about all that garbage if I go to hell so what , I WAS SLOWLY BEING CONVICTED I neededdsomething , ,we started going back to church my brothe rand I BUT THE ONLY CHURCH I KNEW OF ACTUALLY THAT SEEMED RIGHT WAS AGAIN PENTICOSTAL THEI RCLAIMEDTO BE A PROPHET HOLDING EVANGELISTIC MEETINGS N W E CAME TO THEM . I WENT FORWARD T OCONFESS MY SINS FOR I KNEW I was a sinner n i knew i had to confess.. .
I wa s sincere too Itried reading the bible n it helped but th estrange thing is pentecoastal chur hes I was attending never mentioned baptitisim excep tof course the baptiisim of the holy Spirit u haveto speak in tongues in order to be saved.. hahahah all thi silliness about keep repaeting these texts and the Holy spirit will come to u ..
for some odd reason mostly women were affected . U HAD PRAYER MEETING S BIBLE STUDIES BUT SOMETHING IS MISSING STILL! i think i think , is almost always quoted! ..
my brother n i ar efascinated by prophecy but jimmy swaggert n all these tv ministers keep saying again i think i think
most puzzling and u ask questions an noone knows th eanswers .. my brothe rtalking in at work about GOD AND BEING SAVED AND SOMEON EGAVE HIM A PROPHECY CRUSADE BROCHERE ,, I WAS ACOMIC BOOK ATTIC AND I WANTED TO SEEL THEM MY BROTHE RSTARTED GOING TO TH EMEETINGS .. I HAD MISSED 2 AND HE SAID I SHOUL DCOME N SE .. I HAD NO INTENTION NOR DID MY BROTHER OF LEAVING THE CHURCH WE WERE AT WE ASKED PERMISSION TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS TOO AND THEY SAID U CAN REPRESENT OU R CHURCH HAHA!! .
I NEVER HEARD OF 7TH DAY ADVENTIST EVER BEFORE N THE BROCHERE NEVER ACTUALLY SAID 7TH DAY ADVENTIST o rthe LORD blocke dit for6 weeks time or so.. night afte night u learned a new lesson from history an du had a audio tape that went with the program and also a outline of the nights topic so u could go back into the bible and see it again..
DO U KNOW I still in my memory 40 years ago stil see the filmstrips the pentecostal church evenagelist used to show about start falling from heaven and blood on the moon and their explanation of what was future events sure to come/?.
I still see the hillbilly evangelist that cam e to have meetings once going up and down the asiles hehe .. It IS THE TRUTH I promise..
It wa ssurprising t olearn prohecies that were already fulfilled and then th e7th day sabbath came up ADAMS MOTHERS BIRTHDAY HA!1, DAN BENZINGE RWAS THE EVANGELIST AND HIS WIFE GLORIA SANG AN D PLAYED THE PIANO.. W ELEARNE DABOUT KING TUT AND WE LEARNED THAT IN RUSSIS CATHERINE THE GR8 HAD AFAVORITE ROS EBUSH AND SH ESET A GUARD ABOUT THI SROSE BUSH IN ORDER TO PROTECT IT FROM THE PEONS / acouple hundred years later thei rwa sthis guard paatroling on foot in a mt feild and his commanding officer said soldier what are u doing ou t in this field?/ following orders sir the man replied ,, . the office r went to th esoldiers superior in charge an dasked wy this man was patroling a mt field the othe roffice rsaid I dunno it i swritten in ou rorders,, curiou sas to why thi swas th esuperio roffice r had asked to see the archives it took days of going through all the records but it wa sfound th eros egarden catherine th egr8 had given orders to protect had long passed away but orders still remaned on the books .. minister today seldom tie in the old with the new to make it clear ..
the sabbath was instituted by God himself and all through time up untill 100 AD th e sabbath was kept slowly because of compromise an d thE death of th eapostles their was no longer a prophet n more compromise took place..,.. .
I do not claim to be a prophet or a messenger in here but friends either ELEEN G WHIT E WAS AND IS GODS MESSENGE R OR SHE WAS A LIAR AND OUR CHURCH SHOULD NOT EXIST..
she called herself God smessenger for the work she was given entailed much more than just a prophet . go down through time now n se a litle weak young woman amethodist all her life look at the others taht were called in the 1800,s too .. ,
God was working an d their was a awakening world wide a truth explosion took place .. IN HIM. I KNOW U ARE AWARE OF ALL THIS TOO .. .
Ican not claim iHAVE read everything sister white ha swritten but Iknow what th e scriptures state sabout aprophet and their is nowhere Ihav eseen in her writing sof a vision sh ewas given by God that proved to be inaccuarte.. anything that i sstated thus says the lord is 100% accuarte . show me in her writings thing dealing withscriptures or medicine even wher e she is wrong ok?? . . early writing s desire o f ages gr8 contrversy THE WHOLE CONFLICT OF AGE SSERIES EDUCATION SELECTED MESSAGES MINISTRY OF HEALING COME ON SHOW ME WHERE IT STTES SOMETHING THAT IS NOT SO OK?? //
I am sick and tired of people claiming her writings are inacurate but they can not show where she is in error..
. I do not wear rose colorded galsses but on ething I know thi slittle lady was AND IS GODS PROPHET MESSENGE AND IF U DO NOT LISTEN FULLY U WILL BE SORRY .. THE BIBLE SAY SWE AR ETO BELIEVE HI SPROPHETS AN D THUS SHALL WE BE ESTABLISHED.. ELDE CAINWRIGHT WA SGREAT TEACHE RIN TH E1800.S H ECOUL DSTRIP THE HIDE OFF O FOTHER TEACHER STAHT DARED DEBAT E WITH HIM HE HAD ONLY 1 WEAKNESS TAHT WAS H EHAD DOUBTS O F WHO SIS WHITE WAS N FROM TIME TO TIME HE TOOK HIS DOUBTS OUT AN THEN HE REPENTED AN D WALKED TH E STRAIGHT N NARROW PATH AGAIN DEFENDING HER RELIGIOUSLY BUT ONE TIME HE TOOK HI SDOUBT OU TAGAIN AN DSATAN BLEW ON IT ,, HE NEVE RAGAIN CAM EBACK T OTHE TRUTH HE NEVE RAGAIN TOOK PART IN RELIGION EITHER .
IF U THINK I AM LYING FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IT IS HISTORY .. LEWIS WALTON HAS A TAPE OUT ON THIS TOPIC AND I KINDA BORROWED WHAT I KNOW FROM THIS.. /.
I just looked into my memory banks of old and took out a little bit i learned years ago. You see Icant not learn thing sby reading alone I needed xtra help so WHENi rea dth ebible i wated background to understan dwhy thing shappened as the y did whydi dabsalon do what he did andhi sbrothe amnon adonijiah too . when irea dprophets n king sand patriarchs n prohets it made th ebibl en history come alive deisre of ages n gr8 contreversy fascinating u ge ta complete lesson in the begining o ftime onward n it thrills u to the very core of your being!! . oops i way too long winded here ,(
sorry mz rae } th e proo f oF who Sis White is found in what she writes do not be bias read fo r YOUrself shut out everything else n just simply read an d compare . nuff sed!!.
There are churches count more than 500 who keep 7th day sabbath. Please note that doctrinally they differ, each of them . Therfore exercise caution.

I believe that Seventh-day Adventist Church has all the truth more than required for being saved.

There may be situations and places where worshiping with our believers not feasible for whatever reason, may be in such situations one may consider this option with much thought and prayer.

God Bless

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by