Adventist Online

IS IT OK FOR SDA´S TO GO TO MOVIE THEATHERS?

Views: 1987

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Holy Ghost is the author of many things and many people praise God. As SDAs of all people ... we should be students of the Word FIRST and FOREMOST. All the answers we need are in the Bible. Our prophet and her purpose was to point us to this very book. If only we would obey her.

This phrase that is used so much "The Bible AND the Spirit of Prophecy" needs to be shorted to the Bible and the Bible alone. At least for those of us who are SDAs and believe in the 28 Fundamentals which state this very thing.
Female NHim that endorses Ellen White
Male NHIm exposes oyster eating and does not like Ellen White
Wheres the evidence? I know Mrs White struggled with meat eatting for many years but got the victory over it.
So what do you do with these verses:

Acts 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did [it], as [did] also your rulers.
3:18 But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Good Post there Gabe ...

"the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested."

But some are so quick to 'add' that the SOP is the standard and is what our experience should be tested by.

What a shame. But then we were foretold that in the end times ... there would be attempts by the Devil to do just this and get us away from the Word.
female
Hi N Him.

I notice that you said: But some are so quick to 'add' that the SOP is the standard and is what our experience should be tested by.

It is interesting that you say there would be attempts by the Devil to do this and get us away from the word. It's interesting because I found these statements which say something a little different.

The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" (Prov. 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony.-- Letter 12, 1890

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890.

One thing is certain: those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's Spirit. Letter 156, 1903, p. 2.

Apparently, the enemy will try to get people away from the Spirit of prophecy. Just something to think about.

God bless you today my brother.
Think again Gabriel. And then provide evidence to support your claim.

Thank you for sharing brother.
Gabe,
You keep restating this straw man "the majority of SDA's believes that EGW will replace the Bible". That couldn't be further from the truth. I have not seen any evidence of this and you have presented none either. So it's easy to knock down the straw man when it wasn't even true to start with.

Our fundamental beliefs are correct. They state what the majority of Adventists believe. There is no scary "majority of SDA's" that don't agree with them. That's a straw man argument and a logical fallacy.

Another point is that our Fundamental Beliefs are not ordered in rank of importance just like the 10 Commandments are not ordered in rank of importance. So number 23 is just as fundamental as number 2.
1 Timothy 6:20 - Very good. Appropriate verse, right application.
To God be the glory. How elequant!
A large number of people think that Ellen White founded the SDA Church. This could not be further from the truth. Yes she played a role but it was mostly Joseph Bates that got things going. He was the one that got the Sabbath up front. He traveled extensivly and invested much money to the cause. James White was also a mover with his printing ministry. Mrs White of course guided through the visions after intense Bible study of the leaders.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service