Adventist Online

IS IT OK FOR SDA´S TO GO TO MOVIE THEATHERS?

Views: 1990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Matt. 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
I don't claim to be a Christian. There are a lot of Christians out there and I do not agree with some of their philosophy.

What I am is "a work in progress".

Philipians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

nd by the way. I am perfect in the eyes of God, for through Christ, I am made perfect. That's my hope and no one can take that from me, not even the devil.

Praise God.
Gab. Happy Sabbath.

You asked...Do you claim to be a sincere Christian? My answer is: Before I knew what the word meant or where the word came from, I would have said yes. Today I would say no, because I do not act like Christ, first and formost. Being Christlike! I am not ashamed of the gospel. "I am a 7th Day Adventist" is how I answer now.

As for the next statement:
"To be honest, No I'm not. I'm not perfect..However Christ saw the evil of the self righteous leaders of the law since Christ penetrated through their hearts. Be careful"

There is a differnece of beliefs here. You say that you are not perfect.BUT I SAY THAT I AM! :>). In the eyes of God, I am a perfect reflection of Him, through His Son, Jesus. AMEN That is the Hope my friend.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, Gabriel, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Be careful.
Yes In the eyes of Jesus .... and therefore the Father .... we are perfect because the life of Jesus is placed in the place of our life. Our life it not judged. Only His life. Therefore I am perfect N Him.

Be Careful out there. There's a Devil roaming around seeking those he may devour.
The primary characteristics as described in Revelation of those that are saved is that they keep the commandments and have the faith and testimony of Jesus.That to me gives pretty clear indicators. What do you think?
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me:
Seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. KJV

Since you used this scripture, please answer the following questions.
1. What knowledge?
2. What law?

Hint: The book in which you used is a book of Love. It talks about a woman named Gomer.

When I read the Word, I try, by the grace of God, to keep everything in context. There are some who will take a verse and for the next 45 min., expound on it with unbiblical human theories and opinions.

What is the law of God. Hint: Satan broke that law. If you like, I will sent that broken law so you can read it for yourself.
Amen. Very well stated Gabe. And an important Truth.
Dear MsMS,

He has "married" her and when He comes the wedding will be consummated--Amen

Christ does not call Himself a Seventh day Adventist -- Christ is Lord of the 7th Day Sabbath. His whole ministry was about repentance so that His people may be received unto his kingdom at his second Advent. So it is safe to say, Christ is the Lord of the 7th Day Advent. :-)

Also, it is all about walking the narrow road, carrying the rugged cross. Those who hear Him will follow Him.

If someone if give me a Bible verse showing Christ endorse: enjoying life to the max, being the real me, have fun while you are living, that would be great.
Or if any of the apostles endorse the pleasure loving behaviors, then I would really appreciate it.
Hi Gabriel. There is abundant Biblical reference to give us right direction. I listed some references from the writings of Ellen G. White that were personally helpful to me and just as authoritative as the Bible.

The Holy Ghost is the author of the Scriptures and of the Spirit of Prophecy. -- Letter 92, 1900, p. 3.

If you would like some Biblical references for guidance regarding this issue, I will provide some here and encourage you to do your own personal investigation which I believe you probably have started doing already.

Here are some Biblical references that can guide us. I found many in my own study. I will list 3.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be] any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (Philippians 2:5)

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)

God bless you brother.
Hi Gabriel. I don't think we will be able to continue our discussion with the misunderstandings. Why do you feel that laptops, ipods, cars and houses are bad ? I don't understand.

Why do you think I am Amish when I am using a computer to type this reply to you ? Can you tell whether or not I'm using a laptop ? I don't understand. I am not Amish but I do admire some things about them, just like I admire some things about Baptists, Jews, Methodists, and other groups of people as well. I believe that Christ is pleased when I try to look for something good to say about people in general.

I provided the Bible verses because you stated that there were none provided.

Gabriel said:Wow not a single biblical reference to support on this issue.

Okay brother...

Have to go now. Talk to you later. God bless.
Hi Gabriel. I'm not sure how much you have studied the Bible or the Spirit of prophecy. Can I share something with you that may help in future study ?

A text without context is a pretext to reject text.

What does this mean ?

Whether reading or interpreting the Bible or the writings of Ellen G. White, you and I need to be sure that we are considering the context in which the verse or statement is being made so that we don't come to wrong or hasty conclusions.

With that being said, please post the statements where Ellen G. White said automobiles and bicycles were bad. I will be waiting to see them.

My friend, unless you have either one of these, (the Bible or the Spirit of prophecy) to support what you are saying, you are simply giving your opinion and expressing your feelings. I don't object to you expressing your feelings. Moreover, I can respect your opinions but I will not accept them as truth or as being correct until you can show that what you are saying agrees with the word of God or the testimony of Jesus. .

Here's a question I have for you.

What is most important to you ?

Going to movies, having fun, and living life to the fullest, showing the world the real you and whatever else pleases you...

or

doing whatever pleases Christ ?

Yes...Gabriel talk is cheap...

and wrong actions are expensive...

errors in thinking cost something too...

Thank you for allowing me the privilege or corresponding with you again my brother...

God bless...
Hi Gabriel.

I would gladly assist you by doing the research but just in case you have forgotten...

I am not the one who claimed Ellen G. White said automobiles and bicycles were bad.

You made that claim.

It is up to you to back up your own claim. Not me.

I am not going to do research to back up your claim or your opinions.

If you are making statements that are true...

then it should be easy to prove.

Now produce the statements which you claim regarding the Lord's servant.

Your claim is that Ellen G. White said bicycles and automobiles were bad. I will wait for you to post the statements showing that this is true.

Thank you for sharing with me brother.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by