Adventist Online

IS IT OK FOR SDA´S TO GO TO MOVIE THEATHERS?

Views: 2004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi MsMS.

Not easy work exalting and standing for the truth. Let's encourage each other to hang in there. I agree with this statement that you posted.

I would add this to show that we are probably reaching a predicted place in our history as a people. We should continue to pray for those who are not aware of what is happening in these manifest dispositions toward the Spirit of prophecy.

The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" (Prov. 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony.-- Letter 12, 1890.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890.

One thing is certain: those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's Spirit. Letter 156, 1903, p. 2.

The law of God and the Spirit of Prophecy go hand in hand to guide and counsel the church, and whenever the church has recognized this by obeying His law, the spirit of prophecy has been sent to guide her in the way of truth. Letter, Dec. 12, 1904

Have to go right now. Talk to you later. Have a great day. God bless.
well said
Good Points John. This is what a focus on Ellen White will get you if you are not careful. We need a balanced approach to our prophet.
male
husband and wife with differing views of Ellen White
get outta here and come back when you can be real
God has given all of us a free will. He presents the options and we must decide. If God has said no to the theater perhaps we should take heed. God only wants what is best for us. Is it in the best interest for us to see immoral acts commited by godless people? The sex, the lying, the dishonesty etc?
Some might say its only a movie but the Human mind does not know that. We would be better off doing somthing productive than watching trash.
The question I ask myself is:

If I truly love Jesus, how can I enjoy watching that which He hates?
AMEN

Like I said earlier, it's all about where, your relationship with God, is at?
Michelle you said:

"The question I ask myself is:

If I truly love Jesus, how can I enjoy watching that which He hates?"

I guess it depends upon your perspective. I think it is wrong to DO what He hates. Yet some on the issue of divorce for instance ... will DO what He hates just because He 'allows' it. Hmmmm. I suppose there could be no end of second guessing people. But what we have to do is to make sure we have our own house in order before looking at other houses. That is for sure.
It is very important that when a man and a woman decide to marry that they take a long hard look at each other. They must ask can I Iive with this man or woman with there little faults that may turn into big problems as you grow close. They must ask can our union up lift Jesus and can we as a couple be a blessing to society? They must plan beyond the wedding day and see if they can afford to be married. The couple must look at each others goals and where they stand on important issues and ask can we live with in these things. Each couple must compliment the other. The individualality of each must remain intact. Many get married today on the total grounds of emotion. The perspective spouse looks good and feels good and that is the only reason to marry.A year or less down the road they see it was a mistake and seek to break up. They lement that they thought it was Miss or Mr right but some charactor flaw has popped up that aggravates them so they throw in the towel. Marrige takes a while and the couple grows closer to each other as time passes. Much prayer is needed between the couple to make it work.Never marry for money as you will fight forever over it.
I'm sorry. But for someone to say that Jesus doesn't hate divorce ... is just too much for me to understand.
I think Philippians 4:8 will help us get an answer to this question.It says 'Finally brethren,whatsoever things are true,whatsoever things are honest,whatsoever things are just,whatsoever things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report;if there be any virtue,and if there be any praise,think on these things.(KJV). My question is this,are movies pure,true,just,honest,lovely and of good report? The main themes carried in most movies are violence,immorality,injustice,nudity,cheating,mischief and other forms of social evils which demoralize the state of the society. Suppose Jesus were on earth today, do you think He would concede to your request were to ask Him to accompany you to watch a movie? Try to introspect yourself about this matter. I believe the Holy Spirit speaks to each and everyone on issues related to choice. Many do not heed the warnings and go ahead rationalizing their intentions. Movie watching corrupts the mind,Satan wants something he can use to lull the mind of a christian hence he has invented many things apart from movies to do this work. Let us be watchful towards the devil's snares lest we'll be taken unawares by his attack.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service