Adventist Online

My question for this discussion is How are we as SDA's going to set and example as How the woman are to be modest in the chruch when we have women coming in there with short and tight skirts, the chest poping out, make up and jewley, ect you name it there doing it. So how are we to teach what's in the bible when the ones that know better are the main one doing this!!!

Views: 12138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christ did not choose the poorly dressed or even worse, the naked. He chose the lowly in society; as it is written:
1 Corinthians:
1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:
1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
Ray Philips wrote:
"The point I wanted to make with this true story is that we all, men and women, need to be constantly alert as to how others see what we are displaying"

Thank you Ray this is a well balanced view that men also ought to exercise modesty. Some men are known to unbutton their shirts in public(including church)enough to reveal their chests - this is also suggestive in my view. We are called to be different and Seventh-Day Adventists is not another addition to the mainstream churches. It is a prophetic movement - a movement of destiny with its mandate cut out for them "come out of her my people and be ye separate" I mean there is no point trying to emulate the world but rather the world should emulate us.

One German atheist no wonder made this statement. "I will become a Christian when I see one" and. Mahatma Gandhi once said "If Christians were to live the life of their Master then all India would bow to Christianity" This quotes stress the importance of lifestyle preaching. Ours is not lip service but faith in action (faith that worketh by love).
Martin
It's only when the mind and character slumber that the dress can be seen.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sounds like the see'er to me MsMs.
in my opinion, its not about what you wear, but what is on the inside. if you are a true christian, and you see a man or woman wearing shorts or a tank top, you will not fall into temptation. and if you think they are wrong, you will pray over them.
Hello Daniel,

I respect your opinion but permit me to disagree some what. As christians, though we may fall at sometime whether is in our dress or attitude or thoughts-whereever, we ought to strive to maintain a positive and focused mind as God would expect us to. When we become born again we should allow the Holy Spirit to dwell in us and to guide us into all truth. Romans 12:2 says,"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Additionally, we can cause others to lust after us. Yes I say us because I can find myself in that trap sometimes. When we do that we bring on ourself self praise and gratification and causing others to sin. I really do not want to cause people to sin. Therefore, we have to be careful with the message we send off through different mediums.

Spicy....your from Jamacia so....with much repect

Your name caused me to click onto your site and look at your pictures.

Do you still have your rings on?

How about those nails?

Nuff sed.....:o)

Happy Sabbath Bro Anthony,

I am now seeing your response so sorry for my late response.  I am not Jamaican but I am from the Caribbean.  I don't really quite get the questions or "sarcasms", however, I do  wear my rings because they are a symbol of my committment to my husband - to a marriage that was and is instituted by God.   

Well Praise God then. Don't let others judge your motives.

We can certainly look past the supposed sins of others.

Sin is all around us. Surely we can have some backbone and be grafted to the vine.

And then we don't have to be swayed just because Spicy or ANYone happens to be married and want to show her commitment to her husband.

I can nearly feel the anger in some answers, Jesus didn't go around shouting and forcing His ideas on people. He lead by example and love.Shouldn't we do the same?

this needs God's intervention because now we livein a world which is marred by sin and death and the devil is trying by all means to use those things we value most to be the instruments in causing confusion in the church

Encourage Simplicity in Diet and Dress.--Parents have a sacred duty to perform in teaching their children to help bear the burdens of the home, to be content with plain and simple food, and neat and inexpensive dress.  {CG 141.2} 
     Oh, that mothers and fathers would realize their responsibility and accountability before God! What a change would take place in society! Children would not be spoiled by being praised and petted, or made vain by indulgence in dress.  {CG 141.3}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service