Adventist Online

how can you help someone to re-gain self confidence in his/her life?

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By giving up totally on himself/herself and by fixing the eyes steadily upon Christ and His all-sufficient merits. This is where our true worth is to be found, nowhere else. This is what it means to glory in the Lord. Then we find the peace of God and all is at rest for we rest upon the merits of Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.

sky
First, you must realize how valuable you are TO GOD. When you take that to heart, really take it in, you will see yourself as He does.
Then, you are able to give yourself COMPLETELY to God. Love coming in, going out. STAY THERE, rooted in Him.

When you realize you are working together as a team, and that you are NEVER on your own, your self confidence will
shoot through the roof. "Nothing is impossible with God." "With God for us, who can be against us?"
Must we not first realize our utterly helpless condition which makes Christ's redeeming power a necessity?

Kim, you said, "Your self-confidence will shoot through the roof!"

What exactly do u mean by that Kim?

When we behold Christ and the infinite sacrifice He made, can we retain one particle of self-esteem or self-confidence?

When we are in Christ, our confidence is not in self but in Him and His merits and righteousness. It is our self-confidence which stands in the way of the remedy which God provided for sin.

sky
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
sounds like confidence to me.

i'm not talking about self-reliance, or leaning on self.
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I understood you coz self-confidence is what we want to shy away from and our confidence must be solely in the merits of Christ for "Through the merits of Christ we may find the approval of God." E.G. W. Our Father Cares,122..

"When we seek to gain Heaven through the merits of Christ, the soul makes progress." Faith and Works,94.

The only reason why we can come boldly before the throne is because we have the privilege to claim the merits of Christ. Thus we obtain mercy in time of need.

The merits of Christ's shed blood gives us perfect assurance and perfect confidence but not self-confidence!

God bless,

sky
When you realize what the sacrifice of Jesus for YOU means and how much Jesus values you. He made you and He needs for you to glorify Him before the Universe. He created you for this purpose and He believes in you.
how can one help? by being near the person who had lost self confidence. i agree to the comments where it's mentioned that one should make him/herself see the value of him/herself, as God saw it by creating, up-bringing, accompanying etc. the person.
it's a great blessing if there's as well supportive family or friends, who are simply there for the person, helping him/her develop the confidence, supporting.. if confidence was lost because of doing/saying... something wrong, then trusting God that He forgives, could help. i once read that the feeling of guilt comes from devil, the thing that comes from God is the understanding that this or that has been wrong, so guilt is satan's deception.
from my own experience, developing confidence takes time, just be patient, supportive and don't give up on the person.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service