Adventist Online

Real Life Situations:

What does the Bible say about self-defense?"

Under what circumstances is self-defense appropriate?

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does that mean that the average american is quite fine with a known extremist to have access to guns and ammo ? I noted a huge outcry for gun controls after the Las Vegas attack. Does this mean that the average American was quite okay that Stephen Paddock had access to so much guns and ammo ?

THE OTHER SMART THING KIND DAVID DID WHICH ALMOST NO ONE DOES NOW IS TO PRAY AND ASK GOD FOR THE DEATH OF OUR ENEMIES.

RG I do not see in this passage that David prayed for the death of his enemy.

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. 46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands. 48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. 49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. 50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

If you can see it point it out, please. 

SOME WHERE IN PSALMS, IN A FEW PLACES, DAVID ASKED FOR GODS HELP IN KILLING, ELIMINATING, GETTING RID OF HIS ENEMIES.  ITS NOT PRETTY, BUT ITS A REALITY, I THINK WE CAN HONESTLY ASK GOD TO DO THAT.  HE DECIDES.  JUDGES 15:15.  AND LATER WHEN SAMSON WANTED VENGEANCE AND HE BROUGHT DOWN THE TEMPLE AND KILLED THEM ALL.

Clearly, if we bring up all the texts in the Bible we can see a lot of killing going on for sure. Even God himself Killed people.

WHICH OF COURSE IS HIS RIGHT, SINCE HE IS THE CREATOR. AND HE SHOULD NOT GET LIP SERVICE FROM ANY FOR IT EITHER.

Seems to me RG that you have missed the main theme of the Bible which is redemption, not destruction. I am not sure what you mean by lip service? 

So is killing the the main theme of the Bible ? Is this what Jesus promoted during His ministry ?

No, but it's in there whether you like it or not. Paul spoke that a child of the Devil would be blind and it immediately came to pass. And we have the Annanias and Saphira record of lying to the holy spirit. Both are in Acts. 

In Old Testsment God ordered all the Devil's people; men, women, children, even animals to be killed without exception, and nothing to be taken as spoils of war. 

The reason was those people were doing human sacrifices, were worshipping the Devil, their blood lines were corrupted by Nephilim hybrid genetics to some extent to full size giants that were on the land (Genesis 3 seed of the serpent; enmity between the seed of the serpent and seed of the women). The corruption of the human and even animal genome by fallen angel cohabitation was the reason for the great flood. All cultures have beliefs and legends of the flood and of the ruling giants and mighty men who ruled the people. Many cultures have reference to reptilian rulers who are bigger in relief sculpture than others. 

Even inanimate objects can carry demons; so everything had to be destroyed. There was no casting out of spirits in those days, the law was designed to keep demons from infecting and influencing people; the reason for a death penalty for certain offenses so that the demon would have to leave the host which was no longer alive and able to do evil. The demon would have to find a new host to inhabit. Jesus revealed the Devil by casting out spirits (demons). Now there was a solution for dealing with demons.

Unbelievers and believers who do not understand the spiritual look to the killing of the inhabitants as proof that God is mean etc. God does not kill without purpose. Many Christians do not even believe there were giants even though they were a menace and in the scriptures in many places. 

Children of the Devil who made Lucifer their God and have crossed that point of no return, have no part with God or are capable of being saved. There is great need for spiritual warfare, in prayers, healings, miracles and in fact operating with all nine manifestations of the spirit. But there is little desire and mostly mocking and unbelief. Spiritual warfare is also a war, in the spiritual trenches, and the enemy shoots back. I have been threatened, attacked without injury and attempts at taking my life. I am still here thank God. In World War II the bomber crews knew when they were over their target where the Flak (anti aircraft artillary) was the heaviest.

Most Christians do not understand there is a wide gamut of those saved as well as a large gamut of those unsaved. As John stated there is a sin unto death (meaning spiritual second death; no eternal life). Most Christians judge by outward appearances instead of discerning of spirits which is revelation as to any spirituality and its source. These are weighty matters that most either don't want to entertain or some go at it carnally and make rash, false judgments and cause great harm. Failure to walk by the spirit is a major problem with Christianity in general.

The first time I knew I had received discerning of spirits revelation about a person that was sold out to Satan whom I was zealously witnessing to was a most shocking incident around 1976. I was a babe in Christ.

I was going door to door witnessing around the College I was attending. One guy invited me in and we talked in his living room. He informed me he was an existentialist, which I didn't know what that meant at the time. As I persisted, he said let me show you something and led me to the entrance of another room.

As I stood in the doorway, across the room on the wall was a giant 3 x 4 foot poster picture of a human skull. Immediately I was shocked physically by this image and simultaneously knew by revelation that he was a child of the Devil. I immediately said "I have to go now" and left in a hurry.

That was a know that you know that you absolutely know moment!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service