Adventist Online

Real Life Situations:

What does the Bible say about self-defense?"

Under what circumstances is self-defense appropriate?

Views: 1301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trump currently has no effect on gun control either positive or negative at this time. Trump is living in you brain rent free. Obama increased gun and ammo sales like no other single person in history due to threats to the 2nd Amendment.  You listen to news and popular opinion too much, government combined with religion is what you should worry about, a private citizen with a firearm is of little threat.  

"access to guns with little to no control"

Who is in control?  The pope believes in gun control.

Does that mean that the average american is quite fine with a known extremist to have access to guns and ammo ? I noted a huge outcry for gun controls after the Las Vegas attack. Does this mean that the average American was quite okay that Stephen Paddock had access to so much guns and ammo ?

Stephen Paddock was a rich man, led off course by a Philipino woman who came from a land of terrorism, and was also an Australian National, where there is a hot bed of terrorism.  So, she convinced him to follow the path of terrorism, and played dumb when she came back.  I wonder how long it will be, until she incites more terrorism, or is her mission accomplished.

ZJ-You support "gun control" because you want peace. You have a belief that an mechanical object incites violence.   As I have shown Muslims are now using trucks to run over people. Did the truck tell the Muslim to run over the infidel?   You also have a child like belief that world governments are for the good of people and keep peace.  The Holy Spirit and his angels are what keep peace by restraining men.  Governments cause war and kill people in mass. Especially my nation under the Obama regime help caused the Arab Spring which lead to the deaths of many people and the rise of ISIS. 

Passing a law that makes people who have owned firearms with out violent acts as they did in your country of Australia, criminals, does not make people more moral nor does it change the hearts of a criminal.  Murder has been a crime since Cain. Did God declare that what Cain used to kill able be banned.  NOPE! because that is stupid.   Because terrorist Muslims run down people with trucks in your country should your wheels be taken away?   Again I will ask why does the Pope want gun control in the USA?  Does the Pope want gun control for peace? Maybe he wants it because it would be easier to control the people.  Just my thought on it. 

Quite right, Raymond, you got some common sense thoughts there. The other thing with Australia and America apart from the difference in gun control is the population in America is more than 10 times what it is in Australia. So if a mad Muslim runs down people with a truck here in Australia the chance for that to happen in America would be 10 times greater. But we do not hear of 10 trucks driven by crazed Muslims running down people. So yes you can not compare a very small apple with a very big one.  

THE OTHER SMART THING KIND DAVID DID WHICH ALMOST NO ONE DOES NOW IS TO PRAY AND ASK GOD FOR THE DEATH OF OUR ENEMIES.

RG I do not see in this passage that David prayed for the death of his enemy.

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. 46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands. 48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. 49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. 50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

If you can see it point it out, please. 

SOME WHERE IN PSALMS, IN A FEW PLACES, DAVID ASKED FOR GODS HELP IN KILLING, ELIMINATING, GETTING RID OF HIS ENEMIES.  ITS NOT PRETTY, BUT ITS A REALITY, I THINK WE CAN HONESTLY ASK GOD TO DO THAT.  HE DECIDES.  JUDGES 15:15.  AND LATER WHEN SAMSON WANTED VENGEANCE AND HE BROUGHT DOWN THE TEMPLE AND KILLED THEM ALL.

Clearly, if we bring up all the texts in the Bible we can see a lot of killing going on for sure. Even God himself Killed people.

WHICH OF COURSE IS HIS RIGHT, SINCE HE IS THE CREATOR. AND HE SHOULD NOT GET LIP SERVICE FROM ANY FOR IT EITHER.

Seems to me RG that you have missed the main theme of the Bible which is redemption, not destruction. I am not sure what you mean by lip service? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service