Adventist Online

Real Life Situations:

What does the Bible say about self-defense?"

Under what circumstances is self-defense appropriate?

Views: 2517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A policeman is slow to respond and also i'm against depending on "government" to look out for me, that's why i'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment. 

ZJOutback    SILLY BOY.

Rick the village idiot. Go and get stuffed ! 

HAHA

If someone is coming at you with a knife it is ok to run away but Jesus was afflicted and opened not His mouth.  His mouth in reviling or accusation or attack back.  Jesus was struck and He said why do you strike me if I have done evil bear witness of the evil.  just to redeem them.  Not to attack.

Yes, Andrew, this is true, but we live in a world that is ruled by satanic power, the ideals of Christianity has no power at all sadly. 

I think that Jesus would have done something to defend somebody else being afflicted. I am not sure if He would go as far as killing the perpetrator. However I think that the actions Jesus also gives no reason to support an out of control, over zealous gun lobby bent on placing a gun in everybody's hand no matter how extremist, demented or crimminally they are inclined. The US government is controlled by a very powerful and corrupt gun lobby that seeks it's own success and profits before the lives of innocent, hard working americans. Jesus would definitely not support any of that. 

There is a gun lobby in Australia? What do they lobby for air rifles.

The US NRA is doing all kinds of things to influence Australian laws to change so that it is similar to US gun laws but fortunately there is strong resistance from both sides of politics. 

The US NRA is a civil rights organization that believes that every human being has the innate, God-given right to defend himself.  The difference is that in Australia, there is no Constitution that says that a citizen has that right.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the National Rifle Association was concerned more with the use of firearms than with an innate right to self-defence? After all, one does not have to use a rifle, or any other firearm, to defend oneself.

Again I may be wrong but doesn't the Constitution speak of a "well regulated militia" being necessary to the security of a free State and it is for that purpose that the citizens have the right to keep and bear arms?

Lastly, if you don't mind, where in the constitution does it say that a citizen has the right to self-defence?

".......The difference is that in Australia, there is no Constitution that says that a citizen has that right."

That is true Jack and we thank God for that.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service