Adventist Online

Real Life Situations:

What does the Bible say about self-defense?"

Under what circumstances is self-defense appropriate?

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont.agree that ppl must to be a coward as.myself but self.defense is being used.as.excuse in some cases!
We have been acting such wordly ppl in many ways!its that true thay it was a discussion forum here about having a gun or not!
We must to be ready(I dont mean other thing that being sure of our salvation) to die even in an assault or any other circumstances but as human being its.normal that we try to defend ourselves, have fear in face of death or want to live more!
Better die than kill.should be the our banner, tough !

You have to be able to handle yourself.  That's what salvation is, being saved from weakness, death, sickness, foolishness, error, deception, and all the evil of the world.  But first of all:

Prov. 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD [men] depart from evil.

16:7   When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Ps. 34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 

34:12 What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good?
34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
34:14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. 

Seek peace and pursue it.  Depart from evil.  When your ways please the Lord your enemies will be at peace with you.  You can cast out demons, instead of them beating you up, like the sons of Sceva, (Acts 19:15).  You work hard, spend time praying, humbling yourself, confessing your inefficiency, have worship service every day with singing hymns, study and teach every chance you get, learn to like good things instead of vain things which neither profit nor deliver, (1 Sam. 12:21), and you will make everyone happy, and your enemies will be afraid of you.

"Had the people, when brought into trial, trusted in God, the Captain of the Lord's host would have led them through Edom, and the fear of them would have rested upon the inhabitants of the land, so that, instead of manifesting hostility, they would have shown them favor."  {PP 422.6}

Luke 22:36, 'He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.'

Ecclesiastes 3:1-9, 'There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,