Adventist Online

SERMONS, MANY ARE COZY ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DOZE OFF, OTHERS ARE GREAT.

I HAVE PRETTY MUCH GOTTEN TO THE POINT IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD/CHRIST THAT I DO NOT NEED THE SPOKEN OR WRITTEN WORDS OF COMMON MAN, I AM GOOD WITH THE DAILY READING / STUDY OF THE BIBLE AND ONLY THE BIBLE.  IN A TYPICAL SERMON, YOU HAVE ABOUT 50 MINUTES OF PERSONAL INSIGHT, OPINION, TRANSLATION AND STORIES, THEN THERE IS USUALLY LESS THAN 5 MINUTES OF BIBLE READING.  DONT THINK SO?  NEXT SABBATH COUNT IT, USE YOUR PHONE TIMER TO COUNT THE BIBLE READING TIMES. THE PERFECT SERMON FOR ME NOW WOULD BE READING OF BIBLE PASSAGES AND HAVING A DISCUSSION, THEN ANOTHER VERSE AND SO ON.

THAT IS JUST MY PREFERENCE, OTHERS LIKE AND NEED THE TRADITIONAL SERMONS AND GATHERINGS, FELLOWSHIP, SOCIALIZATION, COOL, ME TOO.....  SOMETIMES.

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a's church will never become babylon.

Benicio there will come a shaking that will remove the tares. 

Benicio said "No prophecy in bing preaching any more in the church."

As a universal statement in regard to the SDA Church that is not true. It may be true in the church(es) that you attend but as far as all SDA churches are concerned that is not correct.

According to scriptures of the church epistles believers are supposed to covet to prophecy, as well as speak in tongues in prayer as well as interpretation of toncues as one who speaks in tongues is encouraged to prophecy or in the alternative to speak to himself and to God (meaning pray silentky in tongues or silently with underatanding. Both prophesy and the interpretation of tongues is in the native language spoken by the participants and the same person that speaks in tongues outload is to give the interpretation as inspired which is comfort, edification or exhortation or combination of the three.

Having experience with observing many thiusands of these messages as well as having spoken in tongues with interpretation as well as prophecy since 1975 onwards, the above is how these manifestations work. I have never experienced myself or observed others manifest the Kundalini spirit or any such demonic activity in person, onky seen those demonic activities on Youtube.

Messages from the holy spirit as inspired have always been beautiful, uplifing and in accordance with scriptures.

These are not to be confused with the office of a prophet who does foretelling as a gift to the church. The above as experienced is forth telling, which is stating what God has already said.

Believers are missing out on the use of the nine manifestations of holy spirit that are to profit withal.

Sorry for the typos above as I had to get anything done as there was a freezing up that occurred, fortunate to get anything done. I attempted to write a further clarification in a reply that went deeper and more carefully and it got lost completely. Lost work. Oh well. Too late and tired to do anything else. But the loving and kind interpretations and/or prophecies from the spirit of God when done in love and faith and accurately are VERY INSPIRING AND UPLIFTING. Giving exhortation, edification and comfort. How wonderful God is if we would only listen to and obey the written, spoken and revealed word of God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service