Adventist Online

Question, ist right to having sex before marriage with our fiance/fiances?? Sometimes some culture makes me confused about it.

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe it doesn't have to be culturally defined, for if we define fornication it means sex outside of marriage..1 Corinthians 7:9 says "But if they cannot contain, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn". Marriage is an institution of creation, and a picture of Christ's relationship with the church..Certainly, it is easier said than done, as we are exposed to numerous temptations all around us. We aren't to be condemned for it either, as what Christ did with Mary Magdalene. The recommendation is to try to be pure, holy, righteous, and Godly. Sex outside of marriage do not fit these parameters. The heart that seeks the Lord will have no problem with this, but the heart desiring the lust of the flesh will.
Hi foster sister! :) I agree with Dabbi. Let's look back at the Ten Commandments. In Exodus 20 verse 14, the Lord said this: "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

It was very simple presented by the Lord, our God. What is commit adultery? It is an act of doing sex outside the bond of husband and wife, married couple. If you said that you are confused because of some culture practicing it, I suggest you refer to the Bible then. That book is our standard in living our life here on earth. As a Christian, we should always have the will to try to be pure, holy, righteous, and Godly, just like Dabbi said.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5: 3). "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Boyon
First of all something in your statement 'Dabbi' caught me off guard. That is: "We aren't to be condemned for it either, as what Christ did with Mary Magdalene." I don't know if you mis-typed something or what but is 'this' that '...Christ did with Mary Magdalene.' Are you referring to what he did for her when she was being condemned and then forgiving her? If so how does this even fit into the context, just curious! lol
Why should you get confused with this if you honestly profess that the word of God is the lamp to your feet and the light to your path.

I want to caution you that seeking the views of members here might not be the surest way to walk uprightly with God. Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. If culture permits it, ask yourelf whether the Bible which is the rule of your life also permits it - before you may safely indulge in it. Remember that the incident of Joseph is a clear answer to your question "How can I do this great evil against my Lord?"

Our guiding principle should be "To the Law and to the Testimony; if they speak not according to this, it is becausse there is no truth in them".
I'm get confused because i saw theres alots people out there do that and they are adventist couple, they knew it also about Ten Commandments but they make it likes " oh its okay, its not a sin to having sex out of marriage because she/he my fiance/es, and we will married after then".
And i have argue with them, i'm disagree with them!!

In my country its could'nt happend but another friend from out of Indonesia, they said its normally but for me not.
Many people in this world think it is Okay to disobey God. Praise God you are not one of them and that you are a 'Daniel' who stands up for what is right.
thanks 4 Him
Perhaps the problem here is that you are around the wrong crowd if you're confused.
I agree with 4 Him.
Bible said...... Do not Forcinate, thats enough sistah!!!!
Everybody knows that it is not the right thing to do,and its not the thing that pleases God
Thanks Rosheeta and Rej.. I agree with you sist!!
But some of them doesnt want follow what Bible & God said to them.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service