Adventist Online

It is appropriate for married SDAs to have sex on sabbath?

*** Note from Adventist Online:

Please take all further discussion of this topic to the "Sexual Discussion Topics" private group:

http://www.adventistonline.com/group/sexual-discussion-topics

Thank you!

Views: 7195

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Shay, I appreciate your thoughts. Especially the idea that love between a married couple should be expressed in different ways. I'm not married but I think this is not an issue that can be decided for everyone. It is something each couple should pray upon and discuss with each other because in the end each marriage should be between a man, a woman and God.
All of life is sacred. There are no actions that are 'secular' although the context and environment in which they are expressed may be. So then, it is my gift to others how I choose to be in the world and more importantly my gift to God. Now if a couple decided to defer love making activities during the Sabbath hours as a gift to God of their time and focus, that too would be a beautiful thing." Whether therefore, ye eat or drink or whatsoever ye do ..... do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:31
Shay gave us the most clearly bible verse Isaiah 58:13 (King James Version)
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing "THY" pleasure on "MY" holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing "THINE" own ways, nor finding "THINE" own pleasure, nor speaking "THINE" own words:

The sda who realy understand that verse... will: NOT do "his" pleasure on "GOD`s" holy day...
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing "THY" pleasure on "MY" holy day...
Hi All!
Check this out, “Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.” 1 Corinthians 7:2-5
This passage suggests to me that sex is not really a spiritual act. If it was then there would be no need to abstain during a time of deep spiritual focus (fasting and prayer). On the other hand if sex is inappropriate on Sabbath why didn’t the passage mention the Sabbath as a possible time to abstain also? Or was the Sabbath left out because Paul was not too keen on promoting Sabbath observance at this particular time? Or, was it a given that sex was inappropriate for Sabbath so Paul did not mention the Sabbath as there was to be no compromise here?
What’s your thoughts?
thank you Ricardo, for that verse.
Many of us married couples have looong weeks, and work many hours. Some couples only see each other
on Sabbath and work six days a week.
So, be careful out there, all of you who are trying to implement your will into a new commandment. Peace.
Brother Recardo, i want to make a comment on this if i may ! The verse says don,t do your pleasure on my holy day. Sex in my opinion is pleasure, and i think is the Pleasure the super-ceeds, all other pleasures, So im thinking GODs Word says not to have Sex on his Sanctified Day. And in a sense it is a Denial of self.
Because our craving for that. Just Like fasting God Knows we crave Food, and we are tried when we cannot eat. It takes some doing to get through a fast, for some it may be easy, but most it is not you probably will agree. Just My Take on the subject.
B L E S S I N G,s
I've had so many discussion on this topic but never came to a biblical conclusion. Personally i think that it's just one day out of the week where we need to really focus on God..... sex can wait until the sunsets. If on the other hand its gonna be on your mind all day and you can't concentrate then...... I have one question: what happen to the other 6 days to have sex? The sabbath is not all about us.... it's about God and how we can have a closer relationship with Him......
Awesome conclusion Jasmine I agree with that. So in Esence we cannot be self centered On his Holy Day focusing on Self needs. A M E N Sister.............
B L E S S I N G,s Michael.
Let me ask a question is having sex on the sabbath keeping the sabbath holy? I honestly don't think it is, but at the same time I am not saying it is wrong to have sex on the sabbath day I know it may sound confusing but I honestly think we can avoid sex for those sabbath hours and focus on God .You have six days plus after sunset, to enjoy each other so please lets give God what is due to him spending time with him on that day without distraction. I know we have to spend time with him everyday but the sabbath hours should be different and special. This question is very complex to answer., but I tried
I agreed, why can't one wait until sunset , and as you said, one has got 6 other days.
Basically, the Sabbath is here so that we can rest from our "jobs." Its no sin whatsoever to have sex with your spouse on the Sabbath. There is no command that condemns. The Sabbath is to rest from our jobs, or our work. Sex isn't work, but a sacred thing that HaShem has given us to take part in. Go ahead, enjoy sex on the Sabbath. Just dont get up and go to work afterwards.
James, who is HaShem?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by