Adventist Online

It is appropriate for married SDAs to have sex on sabbath?

*** Note from Adventist Online:

Please take all further discussion of this topic to the "Sexual Discussion Topics" private group:

http://www.adventistonline.com/group/sexual-discussion-topics

Thank you!

Views: 8702

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i see. now i understand. thank you for the enlightenment. i agree with you. i shall research more to this matter. anyways.. i am not married yet so now atleast i am now aware. thank you. when i shall encounter such situation.. i know which will be very hard to deny.. i will try to check the Holy Spirit for that. thank you again brother. i do really understand and agree with your view on the matter.
Sexual intimacy in marriage is holy and wholesome. The questioned asked , is it okay for married SDA 's on Sabbath?

Who better to ask than the Holy Ghost who lives inside us? If He gives you the okay, then by all means do it. Doesn't proverbs provide this counsel, "In ALL THY WAYS acknowledge Him and He will DIRECT YOUR PATHS!

So, what's the problem?

If He's leading, shouldn't we be listening?

AMEN John. I've been listening ... And He's told me to have sex on Sabbath many times. "And it was good."
yea
well...i've gone thru other peoples comments on ur post...diff people have diff opinions on this subject,and they r rite in wat they say and they have proved it by using scriptural reference....
now i wanna ask U .
WHY DONT YOU HAVE SEX ON THE OTHER DAYS OF THE WEEK? AND WHY ONLY ON SABBATH???
YOU HAVE 7 DAYS IN A WEEK....AND ONE DAY IS FOR THE LORD...TO WORSHIP HIM AND PRAISE HIM...WHY SEX ON SABBATH? WHY NOT ON OTHER DAYS OF THE WEEK????
everyone has their own way of explaining this...but i think differently from the others
Hi

Is that what the Sabbath is for?

Is that doing your own pleasure?

It does seem out of place does it not?

See the original rule also. Can one go into the sanctuary as "clean" if he does so on the day?

Is it too hard to wait a bit? Our religion is also about self-control you know.

Consider.

Take Care
Again.

There are different levels of "holy".

See and consider.

Take Care

Walt
in the FULL VERSION of the book "Solemn Appeal Relative To Solitary Vice And The Abuses And Excesses Of The Marriage Relation by James and Ellen white", on page 199-200 it says, (AND I QOUTE), "those highly organized must partake rarely, else it will excite to distraction, and proportionally exhaust" ALSO, listen to this one..... "for lightbuilt, fine-skinned, fine-haired, spare-built, sharp-featured, light-eyed persons, of either sex, to indulge, even in wedlock, as often as the moon quarters, is gradual but effectual destruction of both soul and body "

to get this RARE book, contact:LEAVES OF AUTUMN BOOKS INC / 520-474-3654

Ezekiel 3:4-9 (King James Version)

4And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.

5For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;

6Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee.

7But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.

8Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.

9As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

Luke 4:28-30 (King James Version)

28And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

30But he passing through the midst of them went his way.

Acts 2:37 (King James Version)

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
1st blessing to man (and woman)in the garden of four rivers;
"hey kids, I'm going to give you an incredible gift, beyond your wildest dreams.
Go out, make babies (procreative power is the closest to Creator we get)
fill my garden, fill my world, bring me honor.
Save this one-fl;esh union for only the one i chose, made, saved, and brought to you...
protect it with your life, for your heart , your family, your village, your world, MY KINGDOM depends on it..."

2nd blessing, Sabbath...HONEYMOON TOMORROW. Rest, celebrate creation, enjoy relationship.

We will have eternal honeymoon, up in that new garden

MARRIAGE IS THE PALPABLE, DAILY PARABLE, THE EPITOME OF LIVED METAPHOR...
to remind us how well, how deeply, how joyously, how forever, how creatively, how faithfully HE will be the husband of HIS people. And how much He wants us to know this...

(look up "ekzeteo" in Greek concordance, then COL 3:1)
God has used the elemanretal sexual language throughout the entire book.
Begins with a marriage, and honeymoon in heaven.

That we even begin to vilify as original sin/inherited sin/generational sin/sinful nature the ONCE HOLY DESIRE He wrote into our hearts and flesh as the carnal "knowing" (wink~wink) is bordering blasphemous.

Why is this so hard to understand?
Middle of the 66....exhibit B, read about Solomons (reciprocal) desire for his Shulamite lover
End in the last book...its a wedding feast to end ALL wedding feasts, followed by the joy of "perpetual honeymoon" and celebration of unity. (Careful, now; lets not go salacious here, folks)

Ok, here it is.
man/woman were never designed to just "have sex".
A loving relationship expressed is always a beautiful thing
Yes. But indeed sex IS good. For God saw that it was good and blessed it.
I see no issue with it really. The bible calls "marriage holy and the bed undefiled". To me, it's like this, if a couple uses the sabbath as a "sex day" rather than a day to fellowship or a day to spend in God's word then there is a problem. But to me having sex on sabbath as a married couple is all fine and good. Firstly, God honours it because the parties are married to each other, and secondly, it is an expression of love and appreciation for each other which is indeed part of God's design. As long as it does not cause the couple to lose focus on God and His holy day, then all good.
Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O) Sex is an expression of love between a man and a woman. It also represents the relationship between
God and Christ. Sex satisfies the social needs of men and women and should only be between married couples. Sex in marriage can also be preverted if the couple dwells only on it and if the man degrades the woman. Look up SOP quotes on the subject. Yes it is ok for married sex on the Sabbath.
I guess you misunderstood what I was saying. Sex is an expression of love but not the only expression.When you are married for an extended period of time other expressions of love overtake the sexual. It said that if you have two hats, one hat represents the first year of marriage and the second hat future years of marriage, and you place a peanut shell in the hat each time you have relations, the first year hat will fill up fast, but the other hat will not fill up as fast. The reason being is that the couple matures (hopefully) and the focus is placed on expressing love in other ways.
Your text I believe is taken out of context. No where does it say no sex on sabbath between married couples. If they choose not do it that is fine too. Remember that Adam an Eve were created at the end of the 6th day. I am sure they expressed somthing on Sabbath as God ordained marriage.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service