Adventist Online

its all about what kind of GOD do u see?

His Image is in your heart

u carry it

it is inside your core

we as humans have deceitful hearts

but there are a couple of ways to uncover what exactly is your PIC of HIM deep inside

one of the ways to show your IMAGE OF HIM to yourself - is when something terrible happens to you how.. you feel at that moment?

you know ..

the knee jerk reaction .... do you

feel abandoned? HE DONT REALLY CARE FOR ME

u deserve it? GOD IS JUDGING ME

it's not fair! GOD IS BIASED against me

condemned! GOD WITHHOLDS FORGIVENESS from me

why me?GOD HAS SINGLED ME OUT

all my nightmares are coming true! GOD IS SURE TO LET ME HAVE IT

as a Child of GOD do we blame HIM or think we are finally getting our comeuppance when things go wrong?

conversely ... when we see sinners get hit real hard before our eyes

what do we think of in our go to response toward others?

God abandoned them

they deserve it

castaways!

let em burn!

good riddance!

in relation to others and ourselves is to consider ourselves as the worst of sinners and them not as bad

when people share of how awful/evil they think others are

they share just what they think of JESUS (Matt 25: 31-46)

now lets bring the Great Controversy to this for a moment

Satan implied an evil GOD at the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

Eve believed God wasn't all for them

withholding from them

a selfish GOD

not to be trusted

against them

ready to leave them if they fail

harsh

they ran from HIM for goodness sakes!

GOD was going to KILL THEM

and all this time right after setting in motion the thousands years of woe and pain and death

GOD was hurrying with LOVE AND FORGIVENESS for them!

Calling out to them!

what LOVE

everyone here shares their Image of HIM in what they say  and what they think of people

in how they debate and highlight and focus on

it is all for the universe to see

Maya Angelou said  "if somebody shows you how they are - believe them"

there is only one remedy to this

Seeing how GOD really is

thru Bible Study  -lensing every scripture with the GOD on the CROSS for u!!!!

prayers reflection reaching out sharing and fellowshipping with the  Christians who see this kind of GOD too! all thru HIS SWEET SWEET KIND SPIRIT

How good HE is to you

How GOOD HE IS!!!

in heaven all they can scream is WHOLLY WHOLLY WHOLLY

regardless of what's going on around and in you know HE is all that and rejoices over you!

HE Brings noncondemnation to us everytime

even when we have done the worst

to ourselves or to others

GOD loved and forgave HIS enemies at the CROSS

GOD is the most selfless BEING in the Universe!

when we get that deep in our cores

when things go wrong or see others being cruel

our knee jerk reaction wil be GOD IS GREAT AND GOOD

and compassion on others

it is imperative that we get this!

to see HIM when HE comes or to go the underground way to Heaven

to share with others face to face or behind the screen

the harvest will be made with the Church who get this down!!!!!!!!!!!!

the others mouth and typed fingers will be stopped forever

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison(hard core felons/terrorists/murderers/rapists/pedophiles) and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

The worst of society

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

its a lifetime process

beholding HIM

perfection  will come as imperfection (wrong image) wanes away

1 Cor 13:9.10

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Jason M. 3 hours ago

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

BTW what was/is the intent of the OP?

Jason, you've got to be kidding everyone here. This OP is so Jesus oriented. You show your image of God with how you treat people. How could it be any plainer? You are showing just how agonistic your God is.

Reply by Jason M. 3 hours ago

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

BTW what was/is the intent of the OP?

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Jason, you've got to be kidding everyone here. This OP is so Jesus oriented. You show your image of God with how you treat people. How could it be any plainer? You are showing just how antagonistic  your God is.

:)

thanku for saying that Timber

it is obvious about his posts to me

i am a blue colour worker

and nevr got goood learnin in ways to wryte and esays and debatin and stuf

all i can do is share

so when i type out a concept it is not easy for me

all my personal thoughts and experiences  that i write takes alot out of me

some have the gifts and education- what i have don't always translate well here

i read The Desire of Ages and listen to wonderful Sermons and podcast and study His WORD deeply to get to Know HIM more and more

drinking THis God in

and...

looking for ways to show what a wonderful GOD we have here :D

to gaze upon His character together

then comes in Jason M.

to bake a stink everytime?

whaaaaaaaaaaaa????????????????????????????????????????????????

GBU TImber!

maybe this scripture makes more sense in the Light of the OP

2 Sam 22: 26-28

26 Toward the loving and loyal You will show Yourself loving and loyal, and with the upright and blameless You will show Yourself upright and blameless.

27 To the pure You will show Yourself pure, and to the willful You will show Yourself willful.

28 And the afflicted people You will deliver, but Your eyes are upon the haughty, whom You will bring down.

IF JESUS BE LIFTED UP HE WILL DRAW ALL MEN

so much of the LGBTQIAA and other marginalized of the CHURCH are not drawn to our wonderful GOD!

hmmm....

:(

God is a father . A father the gave His only Son .  How He did something I could never do . He " laid on him
    the iniquity of us all."  God did that to save those who only bring death the planet , to His creation , we  corrupt nature itself even animals now murder their own kind for sake of territory. Our sins bought every disease    , every pain and sorrow to this .Yet He killed His own for this human race . I could not . If my son's death meant that  10 of my friends lived , they would die.Don't insulted  I am not God , sorry. I would give my own life to save a friend ( unless  I was needed to save my son ) but never ever give the life of my son.  He is my world . Yet God did . When I read " This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."  I can not understand , I it is far beyond what I  could do . I must cry ( far those who know me I never cry) and fall face down and ask , how ? why?  I don't deserve

anything but to be thrown  into the lake of fire . Why would You do that for me ? I don't want to be forgiven it won't change any of suffering I caused . I hate me everything about me. I am a liar , a thief , an adultery ,an idolater  a murder and every other bad thing I ever did ( that is not poetic it is the truth)  And God says I know but I love you anyway. and I took all that and every other sin you will do and put it on my only Son .  This breaks my heart and gives a burning desire to have every sin , no matter the cost to my self, I don't want to hold on to me anymore . I never did anything but hurt others anyway. I want every bit of self burn out of me. The more of me that is gone the freer I become and more I can see others needs . There is greater joy then setting aside your own desire for the meeting the desires of those around. Yet it is so hard because sometimes sin blinds theirs eyes. Sometimes out of you must say " But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow," don't you know you can be so much more than you are .

Why do you hold to what you are ? "See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

How awesome we will already be like Him because at present He is cleansing us .

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The the word "to cleanse " is the aorist tense in  Greek meaning a  punctiliar action; that is a  verb that is is instantaneous but without regard for past, present, or future time that place when  confess your sin

It is not a progressive tense linear event . What does that mean it means when we confess our  sin with a true hatred for we are cleansed from them . We free ourselves from those things cause harm to others and Jesus.

That is all because our Father gave His Son to be sin for us . God's way is in the sanctuary  "To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary."  The Father works are seen there.

God is a father . A father the gave His only Son .  How He did something I could never do . He " laid on him
    the iniquity of us all."  God did that to save those who only bring death the planet , to His creation , we  corrupt nature itself even animals now murder their own kind for sake of territory. Our sins bought every disease    , every pain and sorrow to this .Yet He killed His own for this human race . I could not . If my son's death meant that  10 of my friends lived , they would die.Don't insulted  I am not God , sorry. I would give my own life to save a friend ( unless  I was needed to save my son ) but never ever give the life of my son.  He is my world . Yet God did . When I read " This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."  I can not understand , I it is far beyond what I  could do . I must cry ( far those who know me I never cry) and fall face down and ask , how ? why?  I don't deserve

anything but to be thrown  into the lake of fire . Why would You do that for me ? I don't want to be forgiven it won't change any of suffering I caused . I hate me everything about me. I am a liar , a thief , an adultery ,an idolater  a murder and every other bad thing I ever did ( that is not poetic it is the truth)  And God says I know but I love you anyway. and I took all that and every other sin you will do and put it on my only Son .  This breaks my heart and gives a burning desire to have every sin , no matter the cost to my self, I don't want to hold on to me anymore . I never did anything but hurt others anyway. I want every bit of self burn out of me. The more of me that is gone the freer I become and more I can see others needs . There is greater joy then setting aside your own desire for the meeting the desires of those around. Yet it is so hard because sometimes sin blinds theirs eyes. Sometimes out of you must say " But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow," don't you know you can be so much more than you are .

Why do you hold to what you are ? "See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

How awesome we will already be like Him because at present He is cleansing us .

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The the word "to cleanse " is the aorist tense in  Greek meaning a  punctiliar action; that is a  verb that is is instantaneous but without regard for past, present, or future time that place when  confess your sin

It is not a progressive tense linear event . What does that mean it means when we confess our  sin with a true hatred for we are cleansed from them . We free ourselves from those things cause harm to others and Jesus.

That is all because our Father gave His Son to be sin for us . God's way is in the sanctuary  "To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary."  The Father works are seen there.

amen

thanku thanku

it bears repeating

GBU my Brother

Psalms 27:4

One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield[b] and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.

I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and I have been saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
    the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
    the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came before him, into his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
    and the foundations of the mountains shook;
    they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
    consuming fire came from his mouth,
    burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down;
    dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
    he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
    the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.[d]
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
    with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
    and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, Lord,
    at the blast of breath from your nostrils.

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.

20 The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
    according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord;
    I am not guilty of turning from my God.
22 All his laws are before me;
    I have not turned away from his decrees.
23 I have been blameless before him
    and have kept myself from sin.
24 The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
    according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
    to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
    but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
27 You save the humble
    but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;
    my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop[e];
    with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.

37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
    I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
38 I crushed them so that they could not rise;
    they fell beneath my feet.
39 You armed me with strength for battle;
    you humbled my adversaries before me.
40 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
    and I destroyed my foes.
41 They cried for help, but there was no one to save them—
    to the Lord, but he did not answer.
42 I beat them as fine as windblown dust;
    I trampled them[f] like mud in the streets.
43 You have delivered me from the attacks of the people;
    you have made me the head of nations.
People I did not know now serve me,
44     foreigners cower before me;
    as soon as they hear of me, they obey me.
45 They all lose heart;
    they come trembling from their strongholds.

46 The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!
    Exalted be God my Savior!
47 He is the God who avenges me,
    who subdues nations under me,
48     who saves me from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
    from a violent man you rescued me.
49 Therefore I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
    I will sing the praises of your name.

50 He gives his king great victories;
    he shows unfailing love to his anointed,
    to David and to his descendants forever.

Psalms 18

amen amen amen

ZJOutback

one of my faves

i have so many

GBU!

i happen to be reading Psalms every morning and sometimes at night now

(let's face it - its either Luke or John or Psalms or my beloved Genesis family i go to the most)

amen amen amen!!!!!!!

#reading the OT thru now

Old Testament makes a great read. Good adventure stories even though things does get a bit gory and bloody in Joshua and Judges.  Book of Daniel one of my favourites. Then ofcourse Psalm play with allegory and poetry always makes a good read.

Personally I like spending long periods of time in deserts listening to God speak to me. What makes God awesome is that He is creator of the universe but He much prefers spending time with us.

yes sex and violence was such a shock to me in the Bible

( i love that GOD is REAL)

Ezekiel 23:20

o my

# fell out of chair when i first came across that

Old Testament makes a great read. Good adventure stories even though things does get a bit gory and bloody in Joshua and Judges.  Book of Daniel one of my favourites. Then ofcourse Psalm play with allegory and poetry always makes a good read.

one of the best thing about this media site is that you can figure out who is safe and who is not

whom you can go to with issues and whom you should stay away from

of course u must understand what Spiritual Abuse looks like and learn to stay away

lots of examples here :(

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by