Adventist Online

Most christians I know from in christian chatrooms say it is ok for them to have guns...it is their right so they have them and would use them.

What do you think?

Views: 7051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elijah. So you are okay that dangerous people have access to guns and your solution is that every "good" person must also have access to guns to protect temselves ?

In the first 280 days of 2015, there have been

266 mass shootings in the United States of America.

More than 40,000 incidents involving a gun.

More than 2,500 children injured or killed.

10,154 deaths.

But don’t worry, everything is fine.

May Gun Bless America.

Raymond I would not say Australia does not have a gun crime problem but do youreally want to compare Australia'a gun crime with US ?

You have a problem with an object, a manufactured piece of steel.  You give it attributes almost the same as a living thing.  A gun is not a living thing. It is just an object.  You perhaps may have what is called hoplophobe. I am not saying you're a sissy, but do axes and shovels scare you also?

An irrational fear of weapons, generally guns, usually occuring as a result of a liberal upbringing or the fact that the person is just a wimp in general. Rather than deal with the fear said hoplophobe will assign human characteristics to a weapon ie "guns are evil" or "guns kill" to justify the fear rather than deal with the core problem of being a sissy.

This is the arguement. You say gun and I say sinful people.  Mass murder can be caused by quite a few objects. The greatest mass murder in human history was caused by people wielding machete's in Rwanda.  I don't think they have banned machetes in Rwanda because they have common sense and know that it was people that done the murdering and not machetes.  We do have laws in the USA and no you cannot just go purchase a gun willy nilly at a gun shop.  The process can take weeks in my state. For a handgun you have to get a card from the local sheriff saying your not a nut case. 

So you happy with a dangerous crimminal aiming a loaded "object, manufactured piece of steel" at the head of one of your loved ones. The problem with that piece of steel, unlike any other tool, is thst it is specifically designed to kill. In other words it makes killing a whole lot easier than a wrench, shovel or even a knife. So it is not just any kind of "piece of steel". 

Now put that in the hands of some crazed person and the resulting catastrophe is what you are seeing in those numbers I posted.

To meet you half way, what is so wrong with atleast strictly enforcing responsible gun ownership ?

So you happy with a dangerous crimminal aiming a loaded "object, manufactured piece of steel" at the head of one of your loved ones. The problem with that piece of steel, unlike any other tool, is thst it is specifically designed to kill. In other words it makes killing a whole lot easier than a wrench, shovel or even a knife. So it is not just any kind of "piece of steel". 

Now put that in the hands of some crazed person and the resulting catastrophe is what you are seeing in those numbers I posted.

To meet you half way, what is so wrong with atleast strictly enforcing responsible gun ownership ?

Your a funny man ZJOutback.  What is the difference if one is killed by a bullet from a gun or by being strangled with a telephone cord.  Will you be deader if shot by a gun?   

Your a feminist so you should be for guns and here is why:  

A 250 pound rapist verses a 120 pound girl equals girl being raped and killed.

A 120 pound girl with CC gun in her purse and training verses a 250 pound rapist equals  rapist in hospital or running away. 

Gun laws are strictly enforced. Why do you claim they are not.   You do a crime with a gun and your life is over if you get caught or shot by law enforcement.  Yet these laws have never stopped a criminal from doing a crime.  Will a crazy person be made rational by the passage of law.  Will a gun free zone create a magical barrier.  Funny.  You have an irrational fear of an object. 

Owning a firearm doesn't make a person a murder than you owning male equipment make you a male prostitute.

That is true but it seems like in your country and state many dangerous people seem to have unfettered access to guns and ammunition. All I am asking is why are you so against some measure being taken to atleast keep the guns out of the hands of these dangerous people.?

I noticed you failed to criticize Obama for blowing up an entire hospital  of Doctor's Without Borders in Afghanistan.  Is it become he is your hero, that it makes it okay?

Heisenberg I notice you failed to stop beating up woman. Clear the rubbish out of your own life first before worrying about violence perpetuated by others.

This is like asking if Christians should own axes or knifes. Firearms are tools and if you need one to use in a responsible and law abiding manner then by all means do so as the supreme law of the land, at least here in the US, grants all citizens this natural right under the 2nd Amendment. It is an individual choice and each should decide for themselves according to the dictates of their conscience.

I personally believe that it is the God given duty of the head of the home to defend his family from danger. One should seriously ask themselves the question what if, God forbid, a violent individual forcibly entered your home and threatened the lives of your loved ones? What would you do, stand by and watch or would you do something? And if you decide to do something would you rather confront an armed thug with your cell phone, your bare hands, a stick, or a firearm? Difficult questions but something that we should think through and not set aside so as to be caught unprepared and frozen like a deer caught in the headlights.

Exactly,  Don.  Pray and if you do not think God wants you to own one then do not.  Obey the law of the land and love your neighbor.  I cannot imagine not defending my loved ones or my neighbors.  I have stated here before that the sheriff of my county wants every home owner living in this huge county to own a fire arm legally because it takes over 30 minutes for him to respond or more. No one breaks in to homes here because it would be dangerous to do so.  If gun laws were to change then we would be in more danger. 

Don, some have interrpreted the 2nd amendment to mean that mass murderers in the US also have the right to own or have access to guns and ammo. What is so wrong with keeping guns away from people with dangerous intent. Does a persons right to own guns take precedent over the lives of innocent people ?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service