Adventist Online

Should SDA's own guns?" IT IS JUST A QUESTION AND NOT INTENDED TO INFLUENCE ANYONE'S DECISION"

Does anyone have any Biblical quotes or from the spirit of prophesy regarding this? Please share.

Views: 14701

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Not if you keep it oiled and dehumidified.  That is the best way to avoid surface rust.

Bears have a hard skull and it is angled.  I wouldn't go after one with a 9mm.  Odds are it would get a headache and be more aggressive.  

I would be hesitant with anything less than my .454 causll when it come comes to brownies.

http://www.adn.com/2009/08/13/897940/twig-snap-alerts-dog-walker-to...

Wow.  Ya we had a woman attacked by a pack of wolves up here and eaten by them.  It was late at night and she was walking along the highway.  Very dangerous thing to do even with a firearm.  I think a shotgun would be the best thing for wolves with some double ought buck.

Yes, timber wolves are no joke.  One alone can fill up the bed of a pickup truck.  I remember accidentally running into one in Minnesota almost 15 years ago.  I put my wife, then girl friend, behind me, and hoped that my .40 would do the job.  I yelled at it, then it's owner appeared and yelled at it.  It thought about it for a minute, and then left.  We found somewhere else to be around the lake.

I knew God intervened that day so I DIDN'T have to pull the trigger.  I was happy I didn't have to.  However, I was also happy I had the means to defend us if necessary.

The question here is one of self defense, should you own a weapon for self defense?
(Ex 22:2) If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.
(Lu 22:35:38) And he (Christ) said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. ..... And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
Did Jesus in this verse advocate the use of a sword for self-defense purposes?
Clearly if he was not, when they announced we have two swords Christ would have clarified other wise.
For those that use the sixth of the Ten Commandments as their reasoning for not fighting “Thou Shalt Not Kill” in fact, the correct translation of this scripture is “Thou Shalt Not Murder” which has a whole different meaning than the previous one. Murder is the unlawfully taking of a human life.

Did Jesus slip away from the crowd the various times when they sought to harm him or did He strike them down with a sword ? The last time He did neither. Are we leaving God out of the equation when we use lethal weapons ?

What will you do bill when you are persecuted for your faith or when you are not sure why they are coming after you ? Will there be a shoot out as the media films it ? Would that give the right testimony  to our message ?

I think of Luther, the Wesley's and others. How did they respond ?

I think I agree that when it comes down to persecution for our faith we need to trust only in God and follow Jesus' example of fleeing, but in the mean time, we have a right and a duty to protect ourselves, our families, and our communities with all tools possible, and even Christ told His disciples to bring swords after He was gone.  The only reason we are not in concentration camps and chain gangs right now is the grace of God and our firearms.  That is why they are frantic to take them and why they are creating all these bogus terrorist attacks like the fake Hollywood stunt explosions at the Boston marathon, and all the school shootings of which some are fake and some are carried out by CIA mind control subjects.  Truth is crazier than fiction I'm afraid.

We as American's used to believe, and I still do, that our rights come from our Creator, not from man, and that among these are the right to life and liberty--the right to keep and bear arms gives us the power to maintain these rights in a secular society.  We view the right to bear arms as given by God, not by government, and rights which are not exercised are eventually abrogated.

I sincerely believe that most of these school shootings are really false flag ops by mind-controlled patsies of the CIAs MK-Ultra program.  I know it sounds crazy but the evidence is there.

"we have a right and a duty to protect ourselves, our families, and our communities with all tools possible"

Amen.

The days for revolution are over by my understanding, If persecution comes then I will have to trust God and by Gods strength be a witness a firearm has nothing to do with this.  Someone knocking you senseless for a bag of chips and the car keys is not persecution, that is being a victim.  

Mother told me how her mother would feed hobo's who would come often to my grandfathers home. After they had split the wood. She was a tiny but strong lady who always wore an apron. Grandpa was off working and would leave for long periods of time. She would sit them the hobo on the porch to feed them a fine meal with complete confidence because she had a .38 in the pocket of her apron.  Nothing was going to happen to her two daughters.

Few people understand that firearms make for a more civil society.  Where there are laws against firearms and self defense there is more crime.  Chicago is a good example of this.  Lawful citizens do not want to wreck their lives with a firearms charge but young gang bangers have no problem having a gun using it and tossing it after they leave someone dead in the gutter.   These criminals have no fear of the law or the lawful citizen.  

The statitstics prove you right.  Communities with strict gun laws are much more violent.  Chicago is in the top three of murder capitals of the world BECAUSE of their strict gun laws.  Here in the country in northern Arizona, burglars don't even think about coming into a house late at night because they know up here these good country folk don't mess around when it comes to protecting their little ones.  I have zero doubt in my brain that if a crazed man ever attacked Jesus' mother he would be all over that man like a fly on stink. 

Guns create a civil society because they level the playing field between neighbors and between government and citizens.  Further, it is a matter of personal property rights at the bottom line as well as natural rights given by God. 

We have a concealed carry law here in AZ where you don't need a permit to carry concealed, just like the Constitution allows, and the only people killing other people are the cops on power trips.  They really upset this whole town a few months back when the killed a 16 year old boy on drugs who had a kitchen knife.  There was like 4 cops and this young kid out of his mind and they killed him instead of pepper spraying or tackling the guy.  If it was in our neighborhood and he was doing it to us neighbors, one of us would have gotten behind him and tackled him or if we couldn't do that we would have shot him in the hand or foot or leg.  We would have taken the risk to our own life just to save his.  But these cops are brainwashed in their academy.  I don't know how they sleep at night--cowards.  They've pretty much ruined their reputation with the community now and most everyone is against them which is not a good place to be when you live in a small town if you know what I mean. 

Yes, and this makes Exodus 20 harmonize with Ex 22:2---that murder was the point of the commandment, otherwise Ex 22:2 would not be consistent with the commandment.  Good post. 

One thing I like to point out is that it was illegal for the Jews to own swords, but they carried them anyway in defiance to the law.  Jesus did not rebuke them about this because, in my view, Jesus is exemplifying the fact that the right of self-defense is a right given by God included in the right to life.  I love how revolutionary and disobedient to authority He was....We likewise should be disobedient to the Structure in all kinds of things, like using their Sabbath school studies, allowing female pastors to preach at our home churches, etc.

Kevin, your guestion about what we will do when we are persecuted for our faith, is one that we need to ponder.
But if we continue to reason as 'babes' and equate closing doors and window to murder or shooting,we wont be able to stand in the last days (if we are alive); because as Pastor Jerimiah Davis puts it..."when we are squeezed, only what is inside will come out."
When Jesus taught "turn the other cheek" he wasnt joking. When we obey God He will Act on our behalf.

The context of "turn the other cheek" was in a religious context I believe.  If we are persecuted for our faith we are to turn the other cheek, but when home invaders break in and try to rape our wife and children, we pull the trigger till the magazine is empty.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service