Adventist Online

Should SDA's own guns?" IT IS JUST A QUESTION AND NOT INTENDED TO INFLUENCE ANYONE'S DECISION"

Does anyone have any Biblical quotes or from the spirit of prophesy regarding this? Please share.

Views: 14701

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It seems so many are OK with the Government pointing and using guns and are always saying "obey, obey" and backing it up with scripture, but for a private citizen to own a firearm that is heresy.   My guns have never been pointed at anything other than a paper target, but the man above has killed many people and innocent people and yet with great hypocrisy people support this man and tell me I cannot own a firearm? Please! Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any firearm that I own. 

Bart, I think it seems clear from the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy that some cases of ownership of a weapon for personal protection should be alright according to individual conscience.  But, of course, I think a decision not to own one should also be completely respected.  You may find that many Adventists wouldn't agree with that, but I believe that people's reasons for believing we shouldn't have them at all is quite sincere- it's just that it hasn't been looked into deeply or considered from all angles.  Hopefully we can be patient with each other's different considerations.  God bless.

I cannot say this is right for certain, but I feel there is a time to own them and then there will be a time that it does not matter.   Let's put it this way,  it is one thing for an Adventist Christian to say I should not own a firearm but it is quite another for the world to say I should not own a firearm.   I ask myself why?  Why the big push to disarm?   

Zowi:

"Jesus could have fought back during the crucifixion but He did not .Have you given that any thought?"

No one is avoiding persecution.

We have been over this so many times.  If animals want to eat you and all your family, you should kill them, to prevent that from happening.  You shouldn't sacrifice your family to beasts.  That's human sacrifice.

That beast doesn't care what you believe.  He's not persecuting you for your faith.  He just wants to eat your flesh.

Don't you understand the difference?

The Word of God is supposed to give "understanding unto the simple.", (Ps. 119:130).  But, He can't do that, if you love simplicity:

Prov. 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?

Would that be simplicity in truth or error rush?

Clearly this verse is about in error, cause u know that the simple who love simple do that to to stay simple ryt?

But those who gather all the truth, so that they see the entire picture, and in that way gain understanding, then will find simplicity:

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve in his craftiness, your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity and the purity that is toward Christ. 

Ecc 12:13  This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.

Its either that or u brother have found Gods word to be in contradiction.

Certainly not.  No one is avoiding persecution.  In fact, you and I are being persecuted now for daring to say we actually own firearms. 

To what?  Scripture and SOP?  They validate firearm ownership.  To undermine firearm ownership is merely a doctrine of men, a tradition, unfounded.  So, I would argue the same to you, stop trying to influence people with YOUR ideas.  The argument has already been put forth that neither scripture nor SOP disagrees in any way with firearm ownership.  It is merely the traditions of men that oppose it.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service