Adventist Online

Dr Ben Carson 3rd place in CPAC.(Conservative Political Action Conference)

Views: 3167

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

David was not in politics, Joseph and Daniel were not in politics. Please view the video above

Hello Jason

Technically David and Saul were, but, they were governing Gods Kingdom. Daniel was more of a politician, but he was taken by force, and was placed there to serve God. America is so beholden to wealth and power that it would be difficult for a Christian man to remain faitful. I would assume that he would have to compromise on a great deal. Also being head of a party that openly pushes for Church-State policies may run afoul with his SDA roots.  Parties are not religions, but there are good Christians in them.  A person who would be wiling to stand for Christ in all things wouldn't be accepted in this government, because he would have to stand apart from platform issues.  I am not a support of Ben, preachy judgmentalism has never worked for me in public figures. I am more taken by person who stand on service and compassion.

Leon

Right, it mystifies me why we are okay with bad people in office, and willingly vote for them; yet, a Godly man comes around and everyone wants to tear him down.  Ironic, doesn't even begin to describe that process.

"we are okay with bad people in office"

A man who  tells people to protest against Grand Jury decisions and flames the fires of violence against law enforcement.

What is the death count now?

Two killed in NYC just sitting in their car.  Blue is the symbol of the law and we have all the liberals telling us to obey the law and two men wearing blue the symbol of the law shot dead just doing their job and there is silence in the peanut gallery.

David was ordained by God. Daniel and Joseph were placed in position by God through the kings of Babylon and Egypt respectively. They did not get power through an election process. There is a difference.

I'm not well versed in EG White writings. I have a general knowledge of who she is and what she stood for. I have a better knowledge of the scriptures. I'm curious about your comment regarding standing on the Bible. Let's say that you are voted into the Oval Office. During your term, a great catastrophe happens that absolutely scares the entire world into a willingness to submit to anyone that will get us out of this mess. The anti-Christ(and we all know that the only power that can possibly qualify is the Roman Papacy) steps up and proposes a plan for the world to follow. This plan includes his mark being Sunday worship. If scripture is going to be fulfilled and we all know that it will, The USA is the more than likely the lamb with 2 horns that will speak like a dragon and you you are the head of that 2nd beast power that will enforce all that the first beast says.

If you are really a Christian, do you really want to find yourself in that predicament? That is definitely the wrong side of the fence to be on. If we are going to stand on the Bible then we need to be prepared to accept how prophecy will play itself out too.

if carson runs for president i will be on his campaign trail

i dread an SDA Christian  in power  who dont understand...

Mark 10

42Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

when i see Ben Carson statements i dont see The heart of JESUS in them ^

# pray for Dr. Ben Carson will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.Matt 5:45

Not surprising.  He isn't a liberal who preaches victimization.

he says he is a christian

#little Christ with the MIND OF CHRIST

42Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

it will be safe for all of us if GOD changes the hearts

only HE can :D

Ironic.  He has been a servant for many years, healing the sick.

Aren't we SDA's supposed to be baptizing throughout the world and preparing ourselves for that terrible time of tribulation when the trumpet sounds "Come Out Of Her My People"? If you know the book of Revelation then you know that our country, The USA will one day speak like a dragon and be the enforcer of that little horn power. Do you really want to be the leader of our country during that time? Prophecy will be fulfilled one way or another no matter who runs for office.

Remember: Jesus is our great example. If he had demonstrated a responsibility of Christians to run for office, he would have been exactly what his people expected. As prophesied, his people did not recognize him. I respect Mr. Carson. He is obviously an intelligent man but he should stay grounded in The Word and not Washington.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service