Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I  dont   know   when  this  meateating  thing  is  going  to  stop  among   SDA  christians.  The  bible  has  it  very  PLAIN   what type  of  meat  to  eat  and  not   to   eat. Our    prophetes  E.G  white   tell  us  that  it  is  best  to  eat  the  plant  based  foods  which  is  best   for   our   body.That   was  God original  diet  for  us .There is  no  way  in  the  bible  that  states   that  you   can  eat   meat or  meat products.Plz  let  us  not  putting  intrepretation  into  Gods's  holy  word.  Eating  meat  that  the  bible  says    you  can eat would  not  put  us  out  of heaven.  Lets  focus  on  other  things  plz,  the  devil  know  how  to  work  us  up  with  this  matter.

Lets   focus  on other  things  like  praying  for  that  SDA  school  that  had  the   shootings.

Stacey Sidney:

If you die right now, you eating maybe willl not kick yourself out of heaven, BUT if you still alive till Jesus coming,

WILL BE ALMOST  impossible you to overcome the enemy in those days! You can go anywhere on ours beliefs, and you never would disagree with I am writing now! I still no keeping this, but I know that is my main target now!

blessings

bennett 

Milk, cheese, eggs and other animal products are still part of my diet. Still trying to avoid them with sometimes failure. Since I have started staying away from meat my cravings for other junk food increased. I have been eating a lot of sweet also. And I am chocaholic, a practice that has been with me for decades. I know about the health reform and I agree with it. Just my flesh is at all times against it. Are there anyone here is going through the same thing? Just wondering how many of us SDAs are vegetarians or follow the Eden diet here on AO:-)

Hi Annie, grace and peace.

It is only four years ago I was a cocaine junkie, smoked marijuana and tobacco, drank alcohol, ate all things from prawns to crocodile meat, ate when I want, what I want, drank tea, coffee, consumed sugar and chocolate, slept when I want, never exercised....and worst of all, I never even recognized how ill I was!!!

Progressively and prayerfully, as I read and understood Gods perfect plan for me, He has brought me to a place where I am now a total vegan (no meat or animal products). Now if that was all, it would still be an amazing thing, but, because I have gained the mastery over appetite, I am now calm, patient, loving , caring, considerate, compassionate, kind etc. I am not blowing my own trumpet. I used to be a very violent and angry man....only four years ago....and have been in many, many violent battles. Sometimes, when I look back, I think it was all just a bad dream, because today, praise God, I am a new creation.

Annie, take one thing, just one, and ask God to give you the victory over it. You will be amazed. Then take the next thing, as The Holy Spirit leads you, and very soon, you will be going from strength to strength and victory to victory.

Trust always in God and offer Him your obedience, He will be your strength in weakness.

God bless, Scott.

Wow!!! I don't know what to say on your transformation. I wish the same and will follow your advice. I guess my prayers aren't enough. Now I need to pray harder that God will give me more strength and more willingness to have victory over my appetite. Thank you Scott, for walking close with God. Because of your close relationship with him, you became changed and a witness to people like me.

Annie,

Hello fellow struggler.  I read your post and thought over it a fair bit, and decided to brave the attackers and come on line and bare my soul.  I struggle too at times!

The old man does not reign but he still remains.... at any time we can choose to put him back on the throne, so I have something for you, if you are interested.

"The warfare against self is the greatest battle ever fought.  The yeilding of self, surrendering all to the will of God, requires a struggle; but the soul must submit to God before it can be renewed in holiness.  SC 43

Many are inquiring, "How am I to make the surrender of myself to god?" You desire to give yourself to Him, but you are weakn in  moral power, in slavery to doubt, and controlled by the habits of your life of sin.  Your promises and resolutions are like ropes of sand.  You cannot control your thoughts, your impulses, your affections.  The knowledge of your broken promises and forfeited pledges weakends your confidence in your own sincerity, and causes you to feel that God cannot accept you; but you need not despair.  What you need to understand is the true force of the will.  This is the governing power in the nature of man, the power of decision, or of choice.  Everything depends on the right action of the will.  The power of choice God has given to men; it is theirs to exercise.  You cannot change your heart, you cannot of yourself give to God its affections, but you can choose to serve Him.  You cang ive Him your will; He will then work in your to will and to do according to His good pleasure.  Thus your whole nature will be brought under the control of the Spirit of Christ; your affections will be centred upon Him, your thoughts will be in Harmony with Him."  SC 47-48

I loved your unvarnished honesty.  Bravo.  It is beautifully, wonderfully, innocently plain that you don't hide yourself behind an exterior of perfection.  Your honesty and willingness to speak your need and unveil yourself is so completely true.  Loved it.

I was a pure vegan for 10 years and stumbled and fell quite badly, and then got up again, it was no easy thing either...  to be honest the worst stumbling blocks were SDA's, and getting close to conference people, I was shocked, but will leave that one there, those who are christians in name only,  who eat whatever they please, and put whatever down their throat.... oh they are the ones that tempt the worst.

Poison if more effective if put into a glass of orange juice and hidden... even so, those who appear to be working toward heaven and yet cause you to stumble are the ones to be careful of.

Its easy to say be careful in a group that are not professing to be working on character. But those who are and who think nothing of keeping their bodies under control ....well, they are the ones who I find myself thinking, um...perhaps just this once, I mean they are, aren't they?  Wow, what a danger, what a stumbling block.  But if you know you are weak and prone to falling, and your past habits and cherished dainties are stronger than you, run, run, run, run to Christ!

MY FAVOURITE REMINDER

"If thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is put before thee, be not desirous of his dainties, for they are deceitful meat, and if thou be a man given to appetitie put a knife to thy throat. "Proverbs 23:1-3

Keep your eyes on Christ and Daniel did and surround yourself with those who you can be honest and upfront with and who will help you.  If you feel overwhelmed go into your closet and pray until you know God has heard you.  And lastly, toss everything out of your home that tempts you and have a prayer partner who will come over and help you clean out that pantry!!

Dee

The cultish mindset continues....I pray that you all will enjoy the Sabbath and ask the Holy Spirit to help you be a blessing to someone you don't know...REAL MINISTRY.

Sarah,

Tell us, who did you bless today?  What did your sabbath hold for others?

I'd love to hear about it.

Dee

It is 5 a.m....so far 5 people (as I have been told, PRAISE GOD)...have not left the house yet.  But the LORD did allow me to help some yesterday that did not have and were in need.  Private.

Will be ministering this Sabbath and later this evening in song as a part of a live recording concert at my church.  

The house?
At 5 a.m. in the morning, I was supposed to be at home. =)

What a shame you didn't use the opportunity provided to make it 6.

Hope you had a blessed Sabbath.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by