Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOLOL! Ministry is not about keeping score, but loving Jesus and manifesting that love to others.  It continued to be a wonderful day for ministry.

Would that (ministry/ ministering to others/ being a minister/ a servant) include manifesting health and healing, giving testimonies guidance and encouragement???..... or is that all just "cultish mindset" ?

I do apologize if this appears somewhat sarcastic: just a reflection !

Sarah (and all those who may feel that their simple lot in life is not a grand ministry), read on:

The restoration and uplifting of humanity begins in the home. 

The work of parents underlies every other.  Society is composed of families and are what the heads of families make it.  Out of the heart are "the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23); and the heart of the community, of the church and of the nation is the household.  The well-being of society and the success of the church, the prosperity of the nation, depend upon home influences.

MH Pg. 230

The circle of family and neighbourhood duties is the very first field of effort for those who would work for the uplifting of their fellow men.  There is no more important field of effort than that committed to the founders and guardians of the home. No work entrusted to human beings involves greater of more far reaching results than does the work of fathers and mothers.  It is by the youth and children of today that the future of society is to be determined, and what these youth and children will be depends upon the home.  To the lack of right home training may be traced the larger share of the disease and misery and crime that curse  humanity.  If the home life were pure and true, if the children who went forth from its care were prepared to meet lifes responsibilities and dangers, what a change would be seen in the world! Great efforts are put forth, time and money and labour amost without limit are expended in enterprises and institutions for reforming the victims of evil habits, and even these efforts are inadequate to meet the great necessity.  Yet how small is the result! How few are permanently reclaimed.  Multitudes long for a better life, but they lack the courage and resolution to break away from the power of habit.  They shrink from the effort and struggle and sacrifice demanded, and thier lives are wrecked and ruined.  Thus even men of the brightest minds, men of high aspirations and noble powers, otherwise fitted by nature and education to fill positions of trust and responsibility, are degreaded and lost for this life and for the life to come.  For those who do reform, how bitter the struggle to regain their manhood.  And all their life long, in a shattered constitution, a wavering will, impaired intellect, and weakened soul power, many reap the harvest of their evil sowing.  How much more might be accomplished if the evil were dealt with at the beginning. This work rests in a great degree with parents.  In the efforts put forth to stay the progress of intemperance !..... Parents may lay for their children the foundation of a healthy, happy life.  The may send them forth from their homes iwth moral stamina to resist temptation, and courage and strength to wrestle manfully with lifes problems. ....... The christian home is to be an object lesson, illustrating the excellence of the true principles of life.  MH (Ministry of the Home, pg 230-232 (349-353)

The Lord is served as much, yea, more, by faithful home work than by the one who teaches the word.  {AH 236.2}

This sabbath just gone, in my home we had a bible quiz.  The older ones knew more than the younger ones, which gave me ideas as to where there were holes in my work.  However, the younger ones felt sad and wounded feelings rose.  Some went to their rooms and it was my job then to be the Missionary, to deal with each temperament differently, to encourage, or to chastise, to rebuke or to exhort, to pray, to hug, to promise that I would teach them the things they did not know and to assure them of God's willingness to help us all and develop an ability for them to be able to see their worth regardless of what they now were, but what they could be. That took quite a bit of time.  The evening sunset shone on happy faces once more.

Then the next day my work took me away from the home.  I left a home with 5 children in charge, 17 down to 8.  I left at 9am and returned at 7pm.  The slow cooker was filled with a nice and tasty lentil soup and the bread was laid out and waiting. Immediately, as I drove up the bread was put on the table and spread& the soup was served. I went upstairs to unload and my bathroom was sparkling. As was the downstairs bathroom.  Every job that I had asked to be done, was done to perfection. The laundry was washed, dried and folded in its ironing basket.  The floors were all clean.  The outside paths were swept, the wood was chopped and the splinters swept away.  The fire was going nicely and lending its warmth.   There had been no fights, and there was a wonderful peace.Colouring books and pencils, paper dolls and play doh were hastily put away, Mr 17 was washing his hands from putting together his re-conditioned motor bike motor that he had worked to pay for himself.  Ms 21 was home from work and had a meal served to her as well by Ms 10. The children were content and there was a healthful meal waiting that upheld the principles of health.

This is missionary work.  There are many of us longing to be missionaries and yet, we have not won over our own family. 

Missionary work begins at home and the teaching of phsiology, hygiene, health and diet, proper dress and the virtues on the christian ladder are the first lessons Christ bids us teach our children, and then he adds, the intellectual pursuits balanced with the spiritual side of the mind. This is the foundation of all other work.

So... on Sabbath, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,  Thursday, Friday and Sabbath and Sunday ad Monday, and Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sabbath, there are Mothers and Fathers, who are called all day and through the night to educate, soothe, nurture, train, nurse and give wisdom and instruction to their little mission field and the results will effect thousands.

The message of health and temperance is a vital part of that work.  I have a 21 year old daughter who has never dated.  I have a 17 year old son who is studying at this moment in his room the instruction found in Proverbs, in a course he is doing.  I have two girls 8 and 10 sitting behind me playing that they are baking potatoes and making avacado dressing for their 'babies' and they have told them to dress warmly this morning as it is foggy out.  I have a 13 year old who made a healthy breakfast and cleaned his own room without being asked and who is now studying his science.  This evening we will pray together and read our bibles and sing out of our songs books specially produced and illustrated by our own family.  Missionary work involves much more than we believe, and I want to encourage all the Fathers and Mothers and other faithful missionaries here who do the first work, that saves the soul before it is destroyed.  May God Bless You in your attempt to save the body from pollution of poor diet, the soul from pollution of neglect and the heart from pollution of sorrow and misery of living apart from God.  May you win and be overcomers together.

Dee

Amen DJ, grace and peace.

I hope you are encouraged by the fact that our Lord reminds me often to pray for you and yours. Praise God.

I think He loves you very much Dee.

Blessings, Scott.

Oh Sanks so very much, dear Scott,

Give me a double portion I would appreciate that.

And I believe he does love me very much.

I often wake in the morning and considering the state of the world, I think to myself, we are surrounded by peace and quiet, though we be poor, we are

hedged about by angels and I can sense that.

I think of you and your family daily.

May God Bless You Richly, because you are his faithful servant.

Kindly, Dee

Amen. I thank you all for this lively discussion that has been a tremendous blessing and a means to sharing the truth to others.

*Psalms 67:2---"That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations."

Why do you ask the question if you already have the answer?

This makes Ellen White look like a huge fanatic, and burdening people unnecessarily.  What do we do with God giving his people a "land flowing with milk and honey?", (Ex. 3:8)  What about Jesus?

Luke 11:12    Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  
 11:13    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? 

This is ammunition for her critics.

Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

Yet, this is important.  The big commercial industries are not careful how they take care of their animals.  Their products smell of disease, like a wet dog.

If you must eat eggs and milk, make sure to get them from a local private farm.  I good example I know of is Braum's.  It's a company that's only in a few states, which specializes in diary.  I'm sure they also have safe products in the health food stores, and farmers markets.  You'll have to pay a little more, but it's worth it.

Excellent citations. I agree 100%. Personally, I don't buy any animal products or milk from the store when I do my groceries. If there is any time to give up dairy products, I think now is the time. Especially considering all of the GMO & bone feed, hormones and antibiotics that go into rearing animals for consumption.

I think to simply put, the diet is basically an extension of treating your body as the temple of God. So therefore whatever diet you choose to have, make it proper and balanced. So if you eat steak or chicken, so what? if you keep your body healthy according to medical records and teachings, this agenda of should we eat or not eat this would literally be pointless.

I think people can eat what they want! I suppose the health message that sister white had for us in these last days of polluted animal products was just her writing cause she had nothing else better to do!? If u dont wanna give up the dairy products, fine. BUT, look at the growing number of cancer cases DIRECTLY associated with dairy products. You want milk, they have all kinds u can get at kroger, walmart, other grocery stores. Milk like almond milk vanilla, soy vanilla milk, and others! Oo, and these even taste wayyyy better than cows milk! Same goes for cheese. Meat, has allll kinds of disease and bacteria in it, because of the way they raise animals these days. Oo, not to mention, they have found chemicals like paint thinner in milks an cheeses. Even chicken, beef have cancerous tumors and other enzymes that they have no known cure for! So you can keep eating this stuff if you want. All you have to do is a lil web surfing.
One more point, its interesting how we can accept part of egw writings, then say shes in error in other parts. Its just like people with the Bible, theyll accept everything that doesnt step on toes, or they dont have to give up much, but then reject other things because they dont want to give up certain things! Both the Bible, and the s.o.p are here to stay. From one end of each book, to the other end, its all 'inspired by God, and for DOCTRINE, REPROOF, and CORRECTION'--2 tim.3:16.... How can we say we are truly Christians, when we wanna pick an choose what to accept an reject!? The word Christian has 'Christ' in it, from what I read in my Bible, He didnt pick and choose, He went through alllll of it just for US!!!

When we as a people of God can overcome appetite and start eating for health and not taste then we will be able to handle whatever the devil throws our way much better.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service