Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The person has an amazing command of the SOP but is critical about everything you can imagine. They are very forthright at board meetings and tend to take over. It seems that everything that is suggested for outreach, activities or improvements to the church are shot down by the quoting they do. Two people have left the church over the things that happen. Their family is only involved in things that they come up with. They separate themselves from other activities because the other families in the church do "disagreeable things". It has cast a dark shadow over the church.

An amazing command of miscue and misquote to fit their agenda, probably.  When one of those arrogant knot heads try to game me that way, I research it.  Nine times out of ten I find they are way off base.

@Randy Carloski, let's take a look at what Ellen White really believed and said:

I have never felt that it was my duty to say that no one should taste meat under any circumstance. To say this . . . would be carrying matters to extremes.I have never felt that it was my duty to make sweeping assertions. Letter 76 (June 6), 1895.  I advise every Sabbath-keeping canvasser to avoid meat eating, not because it is regarded as sin to eat meat, but because it is not healthful.

Again and again I have been shown that God is trying to lead us back, step by step, to His original design,–that man should subsist upon the natural products of the earth. Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat-eating will eventually be done away; flesh will cease to form a part of their diet. We should ever keep this end in view, and endeavor to work steadily toward it.

Two reasons one it is unhealthy and the other God is asking as to go back to the original diet. Is Going back to original diet Biblical? Thorough out the Bible we can see the principles of going back to the blue print.)  To say no one should taste meat under any circumstance is carrying matter to extremes.

There is real common sense in dietetic reform. The subject should be studied broadly and deeply, and no one should criticize others because their practice is not, in all things, in harmony with his own. It is impossible [in matters of diet] to make an unvarying rule to regulate everyone’s habits and no one should think himself a criterion for all.  MH 319, 320.

In a letter to a non Adventist she writes.

I am happy to assure you that as a denomination we are in the fullest sense total abstainers from the use of spirituous liquors, wine, beer, [fermented] cider, and also tobacco and all other narcotics. . . . All are vegetarians, many abstaining wholly from the use of flesh food, while others use it in only the most moderate degree.

“Two years ago [1894] I came to the conclusion that there was danger in using the flesh of dead animals, and since then I have not used meat at all. It is never placed on my table. I use fish when I can get it. We can get beautiful fish from the saltwater lake near here. I use neither tea nor coffee. As I labor against these things, I cannot but practice that which I know to be best for health, and my family are all in perfect harmony with me. You see, my dear niece, that I am telling you matters just as they are.”

Now as to my own experience: Meat seldom appears on my table; for weeks at a time I would not taste it, and after my appetite had been trained, I grew stronger, and could do better work. When I came to the Retreat, I determined not to taste meat, but I could get scarcely anything else to eat, and therefore ate a little meat. . . . {7MR 349.3}

Often while there [at the Rural Health Institute, St. Helena, Calif.] I was compelled to eat meat because there was nothing else that I could eat.At times I would be so faint and dizzy for the want of good wholesome food that I fairly reeled through weakness. [The cook] has not made it her study to prepare wholesome dishes in order that flesh meat as a food may become less and less necessary.–Letter 4, 1884, p. 3. (To Brother and Sister Maxson, February 6, 1884.)

When those who advocate hygienic reform carry the matter to extremes, people are not to blame if they become disgusted. Too often our religious faith is thus brought into disrepute, and in many cases those who witness such exhibitions of inconsistency can never afterward be brought to think that there is anything good in the reform. These extremists do more harm in a few months than they can undo in a lifetime. They are engaged in a work which Satan loves to see go on. {CD 195.3}

Another class, in their desire to set a right example, go to the opposite extreme. Some are unable to obtain the most desirable foods, and instead of using such things as would best supply the lack, they adopt an impoverished diet. Their food does not supply the elements needed to make good blood. Their health suffers, their usefulness is impaired, and their example tells against rather than in favor of reform in diet. {CD 197.3}

Those who have but a partial understanding of the principles of reform are often the most rigid, not only in carrying out their views themselves, but in urging them on their families and their neighbors. The effect of their mistaken reforms, as seen in their own ill-health, and their efforts to force their views upon others, give many a false idea of dietetic reform, and lead them to reject it altogether. {CD 198.1}

Milk, eggs, and butter should not be classed with flesh-meat. In some cases the use of eggs is beneficial. The time has not come to say that the use of milk and eggs should be wholly discarded. There are poor families whose diet consists largely of bread and milk. They have little fruit, and can not afford to purchase the nut foods. In teaching health reform, as in all other gospel work, we are to meet the people where they are. Until we can teach them how to prepare health-reform foods that are palatable, nourishing, and yet inexpensive, we are not at liberty to present the most advanced propositions regarding health-reform diet. TSDF 105.5

Not to go off topic... But I find it hard to believe that "Often while there [at the Rural Health Institute, St. Helena, Calif.] I was compelled to eat meat because there was nothing else that I could eat." I sense some exaggeration.

She often was compelled to make extreme statements because the people would not listen but I don't think she was exaggerating here. That's all the cook had and could prepare, Ellen White was a busy lady and I don't believe she would waste time cooking food lol 

I guess that could be said for all of us in today's demanding fast paced world.

Randy;

That may be  your "sense" but it is nonsense. Mrs. White was not one to exaggerate.

If you buy dairy products at a store in town it is unfit to consume. If you milk a cow, goat or sheep or any clean animal fed clean hay and grass on the land you are living on then yes it is safe and good to eat.  This is another good reason for SDA's to move out of the city and into the country.  EGW is very clear on this.  You want health problems just keep eating that store bought junk and see what happens. 

There is a reason Raymond why cow's milk that may nor be diseased is not good today. It draws calcium out of the system rather than adding to it. That is only one of many reasons that have nothing to do with disease. GMO feed is another big problem. Just because it is raised on your farm no more makes it free from disease that you yourself are free fro  disease because you live on the farm. 

Lol Kevin you should stop reading these books.  'Milk draws calcium out of the system'? You elsewhere admitted that 70% of this book could be wrong. 

Wrong again, Jason regarding your second claim. I did not say that 70% could be wrong. I said that even if it were there would still be enough evidence to turn one away from milk. Are you promoting  milk again ? If not then why do you post such ? Or are you just in it for the argument. My point was that there is such a mountain of evidence against dairy from many sound sources that even for people like you that wish to take issue, with some of them, milk cannot be made a healthy product by an reasoning person. 

Are you saying that cows milk supplies calcium to our system and its' affects do not leach calcium from our bodies ? If so, then I think you must work for the dairy industry. And you say you do not drink milk. LOL.

Thanks Kevin.  This is true.  It is because if the high protein content and lack of magnesium.  Also, I was at a health lecture the other day by Dr. Jackson and he said the body also draws calcium out of the bones to stabilize the blood ph to fight off cancer from the blood becoming too acidic.

Don't bother with the jokers that mock everything you share and call you an extremist.  Unless you believe the Lord calls you to do so of course.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service